Any positives from last night?

wronglypenalised

We've been saying it for most of the season, ie that the performances have been poor but due to our results Ally has been able to continue plodding along picking players that most of us have been saying weren't up to the job/out of form/not good enough etc.

Is there anything that could be looked at as a positive from last night?

Will Ally now look at changing his favouring of certain individuals philosophy and start to play guys who are in form?

Will the coaching staff now try to engage a better style for playing games?

Will the management team decide enough is enough and we need to improve our tempo and stop giving other teams too much respect?

Can we now look forward to another gradual changing of the guard within the team which will see the likes of McCulloch, Healy, Broadfoot moved on and fresher players introduced to the team be it signings or promotion from the youth teams?

Surely Ally can see that we have been poor, the players are off form etc but has stuck by them only because they had got us so far ahead in the league, now he can use the past few weeks as a means to change things, or am I being too optimistic?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no positives at all we played shite and have been playing shite for weeks . the team will stay the same and ally will still let the same wankers make the same mistakes week in week out . i love ally and really want him to do well but its hard to stick up for him watching that shite

Positives after last night is McCulloch must surely be unplayable.

Unplayable in the sense that he is utter shite and offers absolutely nothing to the team, not unplayable in the sense he is amazing, although Super probably does think this if he is still wearing his McCulloch tinted glasses.

Also Davis was shocking due to his absence, so can't possibly get any worse, only onwards and upwards from here on.

Positives after last night is McCulloch must surely be unplayable.

Unplayable in the sense that he is utter shite and offers absolutely nothing to the team, not unplayable in the sense he is amazing, although Super probably does think this if he is still wearing his McCulloch tinted glasses.

Also Davis was shocking due to his absence, so can't possibly get any worse, only onwards and upwards from here on.

McCulloch was better than Davis last night.

As far as I'm concerned, last night reiterated how good a signing Aluko could turn out to be. Alter our system, or even just replace our central midfield, and he'll thrive. Also, Bocanegra continued to impress - I reckon he's good enough to turn a partnership with any of our other centre backs into a formidable one.

Not one post here I have read has claimed that. I don't watch Celtic much unless they play us and I was surprised how poor they are, considering the hype they get. We were poor, period

You never seen the countless posts about how they were going to steamroller us?

Its really pissed me off that a team that bad are now top of the table.

If Broadfoot forces Forrest onto his weak foot then we would more than likely have walked away with a point. Ifs buts and maybes.

• Broadfoot had a reasonable game at right back against Forrest.
  • Bartley's defensive performance had improved.
  • Wallace was our best midfielder despite being a left back and I'd rather play him than Wylde.
  • Papac and Bocanegra were both good.
  • Aluko in the first 10 minutes was being utilised properly, we got him on the ball and we caused problems. His cross for Wallace was good.
  • We didn't get cuffed like most were predicting.
  • We've not won the new year old firm game in the past 3 seasons and we've won the league in all 3 of those seasons.