55% Win percentage

So now we can stop all this 'must win every match' crap because quite clearly, we dont need to win every match. That pressure is now gone, fans have made it clear that 15 wins out of 26, out of 3 competitions by the middle of September is now acceptable. It saddens me seeing how far back our club have gone on that pitch. Any other manager would have been chased out of town by now. Oh how our standards have slipped.

Compared to two apparant clueless idiots who are much ridiculed on here by our fans, statistically Ally is no better.

He will always be a Rangers legend but he will never be a Rangers manager. No sign of change, no sign of improvement, no sign of anything different, we can look forward, or not, to more of the same.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55% is terrible and to add to it the performances in most of those wins has been dire.The only good performances i can think of were Motherwell away 3-0,Dunfermline away 4-0,Celtic home second half 4-2 and most of the Dundee Utd home game 3-1.If anyone else can add more decent performances than that i'd like to hear them.I make that 3 and a half good performances in 27 games.DIABOLICAL.

55% is terrible and to add to it the performances in most of those wins has been dire.The only good performances i can think of were Motherwell away 3-0,Dunfermline away 4-0,Celtic home second half 4-2 and most of the Dundee Utd home game 3-1.If anyone else can add more decent performances than that i'd like to hear them.I make that 3 and a half good performances in 27 games.DIABOLICAL.

4 good games out of 27, that is it. 4.

Just out of interest what was PLG win percentage?

Cause that seem to be the benchmark.

PLG also took over a squad who had just finished 3rd in the league the previous season. Ally took over a double winning squad. Allys job was much easier than that of PLG.

When Walter Smith was in charge Ally McCoist was the buffer between manager and players,the guy who liked a laugh and a joke.Now he has to tell them what to do and where to play i don't think the players take him seriously.It isn't working and to be honest i don't think it will and if we leave him in charge till the end of the season i think it will be a mistake that will cost us 4 in a row.

51.61% but that was from Wikipedia so I'm not sure how accurate it is. According to wiki McCoists win % is currently 57.69.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rangers_F.C._managers

Found this.

AM 26 games - Won 15, Drew 5, Lost 6

PLG 26 games - Won 14, Drew 6. Lost 6

AM = Out of CL at 1st hurdle, Out of Europa at 1st hurdle, Out of League Cup at 1st hurdle, 2nd in League 2 points behind Celtic. (48 points out of 63)

PLG = Unbeaten in 6 games in Uefa cup (4W, 2D) and qualified top of group, Out of League Cup at 2nd hurdle. 2nd in League 13 points behind Celtic - who had a game in hand. (31 points out of 54)

So, whilst it is a very similar start in overall terms - McCoist ability to win in the SPL over PLG means a big difference in league terms. But as covered here before, PLG's European performances went very much againts the grain of the overall reults.

51.61% but that was from Wikipedia so I'm not sure how accurate it is. According to wiki McCoists win % is currently 57.69.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rangers_F.C._managers

That was on 26 games, last night was his 27th im sure putting that percentage down. (tu)

Found this.

AM 26 games - Won 15, Drew 5, Lost 6

PLG 26 games - Won 14, Drew 6. Lost 6

AM = Out of CL at 1st hurdle, Out of Europa at 1st hurdle, Out of League Cup at 1st hurdle, 2nd in League 2 points behind Celtic. (48 points out of 63)

PLG = Unbeaten in 6 games in Uefa cup (4W, 2D) and qualified top of group, Out of League Cup at 2nd hurdle. 2nd in League 13 points behind Celtic - who had a game in hand. (31 points out of 54)

So, whilst it is a very similar start in overall terms - McCoist ability to win in the SPL over PLG means a big difference in league terms. But as covered here before, PLG's European performances went very much againts the grain of the overall reults.

Looking at that Ally's situation could be a lot worse had Celtic not dropped a lot of points early in the season.

So not much in it at all, that is really surprising. Cheers everybody :cheers:

I agree with SirWalterSmithLegend comment about PLG did have a harder job taking over a team that finished 3rd in the SPL that year.

Hearts were actually decent then as well, and probably should have won the league that 05-06 season had it not been for the Mad Lithuanian, whereas now it's a straight fight between us and the scum.

Hearts were actually decent then as well, and probably should have won the league that 05-06 season had it not been for the Mad Lithuanian, whereas now it's a straight fight between us and the scum.

If they stuck with George Burley that year, they would have won the league. SPL might have been better overall because of it as well.

I agree that this team is playing awful. And I agree that McCoist is tactically poor right now. (And I also agree with the OP in his thoughts of Smith - in my opinion, he was lucky to be Rangers at a time when the tarriers were sh1t (both stints, but particularly the first one), and our nearest challegers were generally Motherwell (first stint).)

However, i've been giving this a lot of thought over the past few days. emotionally, i am at my wits end that McCoist not only continues to play a system that doesnt work, but also plays players out of fecking position. our style of play is driving fans away, and is giving me little confidence. Basically Smith-style football.

However, i think if we want to be a respected team in Europe again, we need to start thinking long term and concentrating on our youth. we simply cant buy success any more, we need to start thinking in a new way or we`ll be left behind. So if we do start concentrating on bringing through some youths it would be good to have some continuity, someone who understands us and who will be here in the same way Ferguson has been at united.

if you want an example of a team in a shit league that DESTROYED AC Milan 3 times in one year and also won the European cup, Ajax 1998. average age of the team was about 23 or 25. had a lot of under 21s though.

so whilst i`m pissed off at McCoist, I`m going to swallow my anger and hope he can start to see what we all can. if he does, he`ll maybe notice that we have a squad capable of getting this league.