Liverpool want Jelavic.

BarGLoyal

LIVERPOOL are poised to move for Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic.

SunSport can reveal Kop director of football Damien Comolli spied on the Croat in Gers' 1-0 defeat to Celtic on Wednesday.

Comolli, Liverpool's chief talent-finder, joined the likes of Everton's David Moyes and West Brom boss Roy Hodgson in running the rule over the £10million-rated, 14-goal hitman.

Jelavic didn't shine at Parkhead, but it's understood Comolli and Anfield boss Kenny Dalglish are still keen to lodge a bid once the transfer window opens on New Year's Day.

We revealed on December 8 that Liverpool had reignited their interest in Jelavic after a dramatic late bid in August was kicked out.

A host of other clubs are on the trail of the 26-year-old who cost £4m from Rapid Vienna in August 2010.

Everton, Sunderland, West Brom, QPR and Leicester are all keen.

Gers boss Ally McCoist desperately wants club owner Craig Whyte to resist all bids.

But it's becoming increasingly likely a transfer fight for Jelavic is set to kick-off — with Liverpool favourites.

Comolli was also believed to be watchjng Celtic pair Beram Kayal and Ki Sung-Yueng. Dalglish's side — just 21 goals in 18 league games — have drawn their last two games.

Leading frontman Luis Suarez is suspended for tonight's game against Newcastle and has a further eight-game FA ban hanging over him.

Meanwhile, Rangers are eyeing a loan move for Swiss international Scott Sutter after learning that Steven Whittaker could be out for two months.

Whittaker missed the Old Firm defeat after breaking down in training and could need a hernia operation.

That could now see Ibrox chiefs step up their interest in Hertfordshire-born right-back Sutter.

The 25-year-old has impressed with Young Boys of Berne in recent seasons, starring in their Champions League first-leg qualifying win over boyhood heroes Spurs last term.

But he's grown frustrated after falling out of favour under Christian Gross and is eyeing a return to Britain.

Sutter said: "I'm finding it a bit hard under the current coach. I'm at the point where I'm looking for a move back home."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4027870/Liverpool-spy-on-Nikica-Jelavic.html#ixzz1hzgkPHYU

am madwaeit shut this shit down sorry ha

This is from another thread, but also applies to you.

3rd post on the thread and my heart sinks to the floor.

I know some people say it's being pedantic, but uneducated shite like this makes us look as bad as RCs.

How far has our education system dropped, that some people actually try and communicate like this?

The Red Indians with their smoke signals, or the Abos with their Didgeridoos, are actually more sophisticated technically, than someone who can't use the Queen's English after a minimum of 11 years' training.

Im starting to think we should sell him. His performances have gone downhill and his recent goals have mostly been penalties.

I know there's an argument for the lack or service but he's not doing enough with the service he does get. It's like he's been dragged down by the rest of the dross we have.

I said bout Liverpool a month ago and got that from an ex player who I used to play with!! There is defo interest from them and Kenny thinks he would be perfect for them Suarez getting an 8 match ban has also helped as the Liverpool owner has now sanctioned money for a striker as they still chase a champions league spot. Anyway time will tell

Liverpool are not shite because of their attack, it's actually their best area, assuming you count goalkeeper in with the defence.

Their defence is ropey at times and their midfield is as creative as Helen Keller in a powercut.

Based on recent performances Id say that either frustration at the lack of creativity is affecting his form, or his head has been turned. We all knew that the day would come when he'd leave for the epl- maybe now is the right time. Any offers upwards of 7-8 million should be seriously considered and the money reinvested in strengthening the team.