West Brom willing to offer Dorrans to Rangers for Jelavic

ChampionsAgain

West Bromwich Albion remain keen on Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic.

The Daily Express says West Brom are pondering a move for Rangers hitman Jelavic and will throw in Graham Dorrans as a makeweight in a £9million-rated deal.

Baggies boss Roy Hodgson was also present at the Glasgow derby to make a personal check on Croatian striker Jelavic.

Now Rangers and Dorrans must wait on Hodgson making up his mind on a firm bid for Jelavic, with most Light Blues punters resigned to losing the 26-year-old in the next month despite his failure to shine against the Hoops.

Dorrans was snapped up by West Brom from Livingston for £150,000 in 2008 and last year the Midlands club snubbed a £7m offer from West Ham for his services.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/west-brom-willing-offer-dorrans-rangers-jelavic-2588681?utm_source=feed_newsnow

Just the type of player we need.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How long does Dorrans have on his contract?

The deal makes me think Dorrans wants to leave and they're trying to get what they can in return whereas Jela doesn't necessairly want to leave. We need to keep the ball in our court for this one but would be delighted with Dorrans joining.

I wouldn't accept anything less than 5million plus dorrans .

In all honesty I don't think jela is anywhere near as good as he's made out to be but its about time we valued our players a little higher in transfer terms and this deal would see him valued around the 8 - 10 million mark .

The other point here is that it seems dorrans is available to leave whereas we want to keep jela so let's get the best deal we can .

For what its worth , I don't think there's much truth in this , can't see it happening but there's no doubt dorrans is a good player .

West brom rejected a £7 million bid at the start of the season , cannot see this happening

And Ally has said earlier we have recieved no bids for Jela

He's fallen out of favour though and if they went back in time I'm sure they'd accept the £7m.

This source hasn't said they have offered this either, said they were considering.

Then why are you after a £9m rated striker :rolleyes:

Craig Whyte would rather take the £7m from QPR than this swap deal IMO. The more money the better, he'll see it.

Then you wouldn't have a player as good as Dorrans in return.Whyte would only release a fraction of the proceeds for McCoist to spend if Jelavic was sold to QPR.

Then you wouldn't have a player as good as Dorrans in return.Whyte would only release a fraction of the proceeds for McCoist to spend if Jelavic was sold to QPR.

We have too many midfielders anyway.

It'll be a cash deal or no deal for Jelavic. If the Baggies don't spend in January then there won't be any Jelavic.

I know and I would rather take the Dorrans deal by a mile (if it was Dorrans + a few million).

Like I said, he'd probably be our best outfield player, especially our most influential.

We need money though to buy at least 2 strikers if we sell Jelavic and that's why cash may appeal more, although Boyd and Sandaza for a combined £1m + Dorrans and £1-3m to keep or even use again elsewhere wouldn't be too bad.