Striker(s)

nvager

With Jelavic maybe leaving and Lafferty injured yet again, we badly need a new striker or two.

Let's hope we act quickly.

I have a sneaky feeling Boyd may be back.

Healy had a good game today, but I do not see him as a valid long term solution to our problem.

a big targetman in the shape of Boyd/Sandaza/O'Connor, and someone fast like Nigel Hasselbaink. I'd be happy.

We need 2 new strikers. Boyd I think will be one and maybe Sandaza the other. Will Jelavic stay? Still possible as his injured groin may take weeks to heal.

I disagree with a lot of people on what type of strikers we should buy/play, it was evident today we play better football without a targetman. I think instead of having a poacher and a guy running about doing the work we should have two people doing all the work.

I disagree with a lot of people on what type of strikers we should buy/play, it was evident today we play better football without a targetman. I think instead of having a poacher and a guy running about doing the work we should have two people doing all the work.

We wouldn't get as many goals with 2 guys doing all the work. we need a poacher.

I think that it would be worth giving the 5 that played behind Healy yesterday some more time. Really impressive play. On no account should we be letting Fleck leave at the moment, and his best position does seem to be behind one striker. I'd quite like to see Boyd back - he'd have scored a hat-trick yesterday.

That said, on that showing Healy doesn't deserve to get sent back into outer darkness. If we ship Jelavic, which presumably we will, I'd be happy with only seeing one or two forwards come in, because on yesterday's showing 4-4-1-1 brings the best out of several of our players.

There were loads of wee half chances yesterday and you could see Healy was sniffing them out but just lacked that sharpness that will come with games.

You're thinking that a fit Boyd would have been pummeling a few of them into the onion bag.

There were loads of wee half chances yesterday and you could see Healy was sniffing them out but just lacked that sharpness that will come with games.

You're thinking that a fit Boyd would have been pummeling a few of them into the onion bag.

Boyd ISNT match fit though.... so no doubt will take him a month or so :blush: