Nacho and Boydie

Colinstein72

Bring them back and they would be the catalyst for a revival. They have been round the track several times and know the score.

As for those who say they are past it, I don't think so. Boydie will get us twelve goals minimum and Nacho six, do the math as the Yanks say.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring them back and they would be the catalyst for a revival. They have been round the track several times and know the score.

As for those who say they are past it, I don't think so. Boydie will get us twelve goals minimum and Nacho six, do the math as the Yanks say.

Not so sure about Nacho. I never really rated him to be honest. He was fast though, and left it all out there on the pitch, which sometimes was exactly what we needed to get the crowd going and raise spirits. Personally i think we have better players now however, and I suspect Novo has probably slowed down a fair bit since leaving (considering he had already slowed towards the end of his time with us).

Boyd on the other hand id have him back in a heart beat. He is, and always has been very underrate for his footballing ability. He has very good technique and link-up play, something for which he never seems to get credited for. Id fancy Boydy to get on the end of a long ball or win a flick on more than i'd fancy Lafferty, even though the UG is about a foot bigger. Not to mention Boydy averages a goal a game against SPL opposotion (with the exception of Celtic). Thats exactly what we need, we should be burying every other team in the SPL by 3 or 4 goals. But right now, these teams are keeping it tight at the back and making chances at the other end when they fustrate us. I'd fancy us to win these games much easier and much more convingly with a predator like Boyd poaching the goals like he does best.

Not to mention he is only 28. The only issue Boyd has ever had seems to be his attitude, perhaps if he has had a slice of humble pie since leaving with his career goign from bad to worse, then perhaps he can come back and recapture his very best goalscoring form.

I would take both back in a minute but it seems Boyd is trying to negotiate a decent wage from us and probably also looking elsewhere or I believe he would have signed by now. Is he back in Scotland as I cant remember seeing any photos of him in the press which again lets me think he's looking at his options?

Nacho is training with us and has blue blood pumping through his veins and he would give his all for us even if he has slowed down but to me he is a super sub to replace healy when he starts to fall out the end of a game.

Im sure we can get get both without breaking the bank and to me its a no brainer.

Would be a Pathetic Move by the Management and Owner.

Novo by enlarge was shite his last 2 years

Boyd aint kicked his own arse since he left us.

I would find it an insult to my intelligence the club wheeling these two out.

how would it insult your intelligence?

thats quite an unintelligent think to say :pipe:

Unsure about Novo - I haven't seen him at all since he left, so he may still have his pace. I could imagine him doing some kind of job for us, but I wouldn't like to see him as a main addition.

I'd take Boyd back in a heartbeat. As other posters have said, he'll want to prove himself and he scores goals.

I just don't want boyd back, some folk are expecting him to come in and start scoring like he used to.

He's not in form, so I would doubt that would happen.

So, we'd probably be playing the same old football - lumping the ball up to static lazy Boyd in the hope he'll score.

We need to be more dynamic and pacey, I think Boyd would do the opposite to our team. I would only take Boyd if he was on severly reduced wages and a short contract.

Novo I would welcome more willingly into the side, he at least works hard for the team.

Would suit both parties for us to offer Boyd a deal til the Summer. Gives us the chance to bring in a proven SPL striker and then part-company if the tax case is successful and we have extra cash to spend on someone better and gives him the chance to show he is still capable of scoring goals after a disastrous couple of years.

In saying that however, I don't think McCoist was happy with the way Boyd left in the first place so if he is the type to bare a grudge then he may well see this as a good GIRFUY opportunity.

I would welcome Novo back as the squad player he left as. He was always a terrific impact player but I wouldn't have him as a starter. I would love to see Boyd back but not sure he would want to to be honest. Regardless of the way he left he has done more for this club than Steven Whittaker ever will, and he would more than likely be on half his wage.

I would welcome Novo back as the squad player he left as. He was always a terrific impact player but I wouldn't have him as a starter. I would love to see Boyd back but not sure he would want to to be honest. Regardless of the way he left he has done more for this club than Steven Whittaker ever will, and he would more than likely be on half his wage.

That's something we do not have at the moment in my opinion. It's something all teams could do with!

Would be a Pathetic Move by the Management and Owner.

Novo by enlarge was shite his last 2 years

Boyd aint kicked his own arse since he left us.

I would find it an insult to my intelligence the club wheeling these two out.

On your period 24/7 your surely a burd.