Kayal out for 4 months

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/celtic/292612-celtics-beram-kayal-may-not-play-again-this-season/

Celtic have been dealt a major blow with the news that Beram Kayal will be out for at least four months with an ankle injury.

The club has confirmed that Kayal will require surgery, due to take place on Monday and could miss the rest of the Scottish Premier League season as he recovers.

Kayal was stretchered off in the 77th minute of Celtic's 1-0 win against Rangers, following a challenge from Lee McCulloch.

The midfielder was initially ruled out for four weeks but subsequent scans have shown that further treatment is required and the player will travel to London on Monday for surgery.

The news is the latest in a series of injury setbacks for the highly-rated player. Kayal missed three months of his first season with a hernia complaint and then missed the final games of the season with a broken wrist.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really into celebrating players getting injured no matter who they play for, i'd much rather concentrate on positive stuff about Rangers!

However it is good news for Rangers as I think they are a better team when he plays. If I remember right they went on a really bad run when he got injured last season!

I'm the other way about, Ki is vastly overrated.

Is it coincidence that when Ki was playing regularly earlier in the season Celtic dropped many points, since he's dropped out the team they've been on a ten game unbeaten run. Ki has started in three of those win's, two were eventual struggles at home to Kilmarnock and Dunfermline.

Looking in more detail, Kayal being out and Ki coming in could be a difference maker if we can come out of the transfer window in decent shape.

I tend to agree. Kayal is a good player and doesn't mind when the boots start flying in but Ki is only good when Celtic are already 2 or 3 up and the game is finished. He doesn't want to know when it gets physical!!

Thought they'd have a moan about how he got injured but fair play to Lennon, admitted it was just two guys committed to a challenge. He's one of their better players but I don't think he's been as good this season. Still, every little helps. He keeps them ticking along and will be missed by them. The wee dog eater has a dig on him but doesn't run the game the way Kayal can