Still no Kris Boyd...

McCoist72

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not been playing since late September.

Doesnt mean he cannot look after himself. Has he been keeping fit or has he been dieting on McD's and Chippies? At this point in the season, he is no use to any club if he cant hit the ground running or at least be match ready fairly quickly. We dont have 6 months to wait for him.

I think its strange he has not been invited to train with Rangers seeing as he is a free agent and unattached to any club. I see Henry was training with Arsenal there, Jobbie Keane with Spurs, whilst their clubs are on a break, O'Connor was training with Selik in the summer when he was clubless, has Kris not had any offers for him to go training and keep himself in shape? Even locally, with maybe Killie.

(tu)

If Boyd was serious about his career he'd be bursting a gut every day to get fit.

Ha I still have a fondness for Boyd just cos all he did was score goals for us. Still couldn't help but chuckle at the notion of Kris Boyd busting a gut though! God knows what condition he is in, suppose match fitness is a problem though, not a lot he can do about that

Kris has a meeting this week with his agent but has been told there's nothing doing for now, which he's concerned about. It'll take him a couple of months to get back to fitness so Rangers won't be interested in a 5 or 6 month deal. There's been a "tentative" enquiry from Bristol City and that's about it for now.

it will take him a couple of months to get fit? boyd wasnt fit enough to begin with so i think it will take longer than that haha....gettin him would be a step back! he wasnt good enough for europe or against them. We need fresh blood! btw i cant believe we are after Sandaza he flopped at utd and down in england and hes injury prone, but hes now scored a few of goals so we want him? hes no where near good enough for rangers!

Not sure about Boyd coming back. For all his faults though he can stick the ball in the net particularly against teams we've struggled against recently. The period which included the game against Utd when he scored 5 was probably the fittest and hungriest I'd seen him. Mind you he was probably thinking about a move, not sure about his motivation now.

Boyd won't be back thank fuck.

We slagged him constantly on here for his inability to score when it mattered.His lack of pace and ariel ability was also remarked upon.He scored against the other sides but we have players who can do that already.

He is unfit and will be looking for silly money so it's a definite no from me.

Boyd won't be back thank fuck.

We slagged him constantly on here for his inability to score when it mattered.His lack of pace and ariel ability was also remarked upon.He scored against the other sides but we have players who can do that already.

He is unfit and will be looking for silly money so it's a definite no from me.

Dropped points to the likes of Hearts, St Mirren, St Johnstone and Killie says we dont mate!

Dropped points to the likes of Hearts, St Mirren, St Johnstone and Killie says we dont mate!

These things happen in football..

With Boyd playing we still would have done that.Our problem is Ally will always shoe horn Papac and McCulloch into every side and leave out flair like Wylde.

The last beggars game was a prime example when with that weather we should have flung countless crosses into the box but he started with 6 defensive players when we should have started with 2 wingers.

Keep Jelavic and get another winger if he doesn't rate Wylde and start attacking instead of squeezing games hoping for the best.

These things happen in football..

With Boyd playing we still would have done that. Our problem is Ally will always shoe horn Papac and McCulloch into every side and leave out flair like Wylde.

The last beggars game was a prime example when with that weather we should have flung countless crosses into the box but he started with 6 defensive players when we should have started with 2 wingers.

Keep Jelavic and get another winger if he doesn't rate Wylde and start attacking instead of squeezing games hoping for the best.

You dont know that.

Wylde doesnt have flair.

He learned that from Sir Walter. Hoping instead of doing.