McKay

TerryTibbs

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think he will get a game tomorrow?

Or do you think Ally simply has no time for him as a footballer?

I'm not too sure. I think some of us fans forget that Ally works with these guys every day. I used to play in an amatuer team, and the manager basically just picked the same guys every week, people got used to it, and everyone knew their position in the squad. I think McCoist is concerned that changing things may cause more unrest than keeping things as they are.

I understand this is not an excuse for the poor football we have been playing, but the team morale (which everyone seems to comment in the media is really good) may be more affected by continually changing the team.

the bullet point of this presentation is no, he aint playing.

i'm still a little half cut from last night, so please take this into consideration when reading the above.

Guy sitting near us at Ibrox said at the game that he spoke to McKay in person recently, and he's only not playing because McCoist doesn't like him as a person. If this is true i will be deeply horrified

Not saying I don't believe you mate. But did Matt tell the guy or something. If true that's shocking maybe he is the new joker in the dressing room and Ally doesn't like it. Who knows

Guy sitting near us at Ibrox said at the game that he spoke to McKay in person recently, and he's only not playing because McCoist doesn't like him as a person. If this is true i will be deeply horrified

I can't imagine that a player would speak out like that - i'd think that would be something he might say in confidence to a close mate. He knows it would be all over the papers/media in minutes.

TBH I doubt some of these rumors, which are similar to the ones earlier in the season about Wylde. Ally is a Rangers fan so I don't think he will let dressing room issues play a role in longtime selection. McKay has played, although not from long spells, he hasn't set the heather on fire, possibly from the amount of travelling for Internationals. I hope he gets a chance to play tomorrow but he will need to show what he can do.

It's the manager's job to sort out issues and build team morale. If Super has an issue with Matt that is affecting selection, that is clearly unacceptable. Personal issues should not have a place in team selection. No one wins that fight -- and perhaps everyone loses.

It's the manager's job to sort out issues and build team morale. If Super has an issue with Matt that is affecting selection, that is clearly unacceptable. Personal issues should not have a place in team selection. No one wins that fight -- and perhaps everyone loses.

Considering the professional and personal problems McCoist had with Souness during his time as Rangers Manager I'd be surprised, and extremely disappointed, if he treated any player in the same way.

TBH I doubt some of these rumors, which are similar to the ones earlier in the season about Wylde. Ally is a Rangers fan so I don't think he will let dressing room issues play a role in longtime selection. McKay has played, although not from long spells, he hasn't set the heather on fire, possibly from the amount of travelling for Internationals. I hope he gets a chance to play tomorrow but he will need to show what he can do.

Does hold a grudge, does our manager.

If true- talking about it aint going to help his case!

I'm surprised to hear this. I'd have expected McKay to say something like - "I'm not playing because to be honest I'm really not good enough to get in the team"

a lot of people talking about team morale - and yes i do believe its very important.

but look at mancini in the EPL. looks like they have almost no morale but they're at the top of the league.

That would have nothing to do with the amount of quality in that squad, perchance? :sherlock:

There is no doubt that McKay should be playing in that midfield, but my only fear is that he will be so far from match fit he will not show his real quality unless he gets picked in his best position. I would have him and Davis together centre midfield every day of the week.

I'd love to know how much money was spent on him and wages, since he hasn't had a fair chance to show us what he can do, he must just not be showing it to Ally in training every day, or as has been suspected, maybe they don't get on well.

If he doesn't play tomorrow we might as well tear up his contract and set him free though - bit of a waste.

I'm surprised to hear this. I'd have expected McKay to say something like - "I'm not playing because to be honest I'm really not good enough to get in the team"

Sounds more plausible, Who honestly believes a Pro footballer would slag of his boss to a Fan in the stadium.

The player to fan conversation seems like a fairytale from kiddiefiddler street.