European Club Association

topgoalie

Think as a club and support time to challenge UEFA in their demeaning of the champions of Scotland to play TWO QUALIFIER'S to compete in their premier tournament.

Intersesting listening to the views of the chairman of the ECA Karl-Heinz Rummenige on his forward plans for European football,'I feel FIFA and UEFA are underestimating the clubs.THEY NEED US MORE THAN WE NEED THEM'.He has plans for doubling each countries allocation and to play some games on a Saturday and has the full backing of no other than the Barca chairman Sandro Rosell who says'we want a bigger champions league ,but to increase doesn't necessarily mean to do it with UEFA'

Considering RANGERS were one of the 16 founder members in 2008 along with no other than Man.United,Chelsea,Lyon,Bayern Munich,Juventus,Real Madrid and Barcelona to name some,good news indeed!!!!

4 teams from england , germany ,italy ,spain is far to much . nearly half of the teams in the EPL can get into european competitions its boring as fuck . apart from this year you can normally name 3 of the last 4 every year.

I agree mate but anything that gives us a BETTER chance to play this type of opposition has got to be an advantage.

I used to enjoy us going into the european cup knockout games which were changed into the revamped champions league

It was a nice idea at first and has now turned into a closed shop for the rich clubs

who are amazingly some are up to their eye balls in debt but so what ?

Its hard to take the champions league seriously any more and the European club association

why did we bother as what use was it for us ?

The Champions league for rangers is great for the younger supporters the prestige etc

but the old european cup for the oldies we had a chance at least on a lesser level playing field

and now its all about how much money you have . Example : Bayern Munich

We competed with Bayern in the old days we would be lucky to beat their reserve team today :(

due to the financial gulf.

when was the comments made by him?

its been an ongoing thing for a while but obviously UEFA are keeping quiet about it because it is A REAL THREAT TO THEIR POWER and as i mentioned on here BEFORE the Malmo debacle its so unfair to go all season to win your prospective league and not to be rewarded by UEFA.

I fully back these guys and to give you another comment from Rummenigge 'Sometimes i'm astonished at how the authorities react to our concerns.UEFA president Michel Platini who played at the very highest level ,looks at me as if i'm crazy when i raise these issues.I'm not crazy.

Im not for a minute saying UEFA is corrupt [not like their cousins in FIFA the most CORRUPT sporting orginization ever,why are they all resigning now apart from the biggest buffon BLATTER.

All i'm saying is 'look after your'e own'and comercially a quote from Dave King'i've seen recent figures to suggest Rangers fans spend more on their team per capita than supporters of any other club in the world' just before his supposed joint takeover of Rangers proves my [and obviously] the powers of european football that we belong to the top table....

I used to enjoy us going into the european cup knockout games which were changed into the revamped champions league

It was a nice idea at first and has now turned into a closed shop for the rich clubs

who are amazingly some are up to their eye balls in debt but so what ?

Its hard to take the champions league seriously any more and the European club association

why did we bother as what use was it for us ?

The Champions league for rangers is great for the younger supporters the prestige etc

but the old european cup for the oldies we had a chance at least on a lesser level playing field

and now its all about how much money you have . Example : Bayern Munich

We competed with Bayern in the old days we would be lucky to beat their reserve team today :(

due to the financial gulf.

Agree. Teams could get a lucky draw then put in couple of good performances and have a chance of winning something. The current format in Euro competitions has basically killed a dozen or so countries that previously performed well in Europe.

its the only way to go for MASSIVE clubs like ourselves otherwise we are gonna be left behind with the Maribors of this world,because believe me we can hardly compete with these teams on the field [Maribor's next home game attracted 1,500 supporters]but off the field we are MASSIVE in European terms and we are WANTED so lets go for it !!

European Cup Finalists pre - Champions league format ?

Clubs that were non elite :

Roma

Malmo

Hamburg

Aston Villa

Dynamo Kiev

Dortmund

Nottingham Forest (won it twice ! )

Any others ?

Red Star also.

U got a list of finalists after it was changed?

Red Star also.

U got a list of finalists after it was changed?

Off the top of my head I could name Liverpool, Marseille, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Barcelona, Manchester United... Anyone else?

Off the top of my head I could name Liverpool, Marseille, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Barcelona, Manchester United... Anyone else?

Found a list. Some difference btw

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCoQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pubquizhelp.com%2Fsport%2Fchampions_league_winners.html&ei=uWIJT4-uOoeU8gPzlPnCAQ&usg=AFQjCNFV-V49lCWoNJbcL97DlgtCsTrHhQ