Davie2909

How Much  

120 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you think we will spend in January

• £1mill
    • Under £1mill
    • Under £500,000
    • Nothing

To be fair Aluko had to pay his own fee to come to Rangers.

Not many are going to do that.

Amazing how mythology quickly becomes accepted as truth.

Published on Saturday 26 November 2011 13:14

RANGERS manager Ally McCoist has disputed reports that the Ibrox club did not make any financial contribution to the deal which secured the signing of Sone Aluko from Aberdeen.

The Nigerian international winger, who is set to make his debut for the Scottish champions against Kilmarnock at Rugby Park tomorrow, revealed he dipped into his own pocket in order to push through the move which saw Aberdeen receive a compensation package worth potentially more than £100,000.

While McCoist is gratified by Aluko’s desire to play for Rangers, he was irritated by claims that the 22-year-old and his family had been forced to use their life savings in order to make it happen.

“Some of the reporting has been, at best, very average indeed,” said McCoist. “Aberdeen are a bit upset about it. I can totally understand where they are coming from. I wouldn’t say I’m upset, but I’m a wee bit disappointed. There has been talk about the lad’s family (paying from their savings) and all that stuff, which I can tell you is absolute nonsense.

“I’ll tell you why I’m having a go. Someone has said he is paying £150,000, which is really poor. He is paying absolutely nothing like that. If it’s a tenth of that, maybe.”

Struggling to vote.

If we sell, a big player or two, early enough and bring in £3-10M. I believe we will spend between 25 and 50% of what comes in. So £750k to £5M.(£2-3M more realistic)

If we don't sell, or just offload deadwood, then up to £500k