Mervan Celik signs for Rangers

The Monk

Really hope we get him. Scores goals from midfield and he is only 21, he could be the creative spark in the middle of the park we badly need.

Also, if he does well, we will make a very healthy profit on him in a few seasons, what's not to like?

The not imminent part makes me think this deal will never happen.

Yeah I think we made an offer knowing that in all reality he will have a better offer from the other club who is also in for him.

By saying 'not imminent' seems to suggests this.

Celik was a key-player during 2011 as GAIS finished in fifth place in the Allsvenskan, operating mainly from the left and showing a keeness to attack the opposition goal. GAIS team-mate Calum Angus revealed to me this month in an exclusive interview that the strides made by Celik over the past two seasons have been “amazing” and his own self-belief is so high with Celik “genuinely believing he will be the next Zlatan [ibrahimovic]“.

http://blagulfotboll.wordpress.com/2012/01/13/rangers-persue-celik/

Yeah I think we made an offer knowing that in all reality he will have a better offer from the other club who is also in for him.

By saying 'not imminent' seems to suggests this.

I'm sure saying 'nothing is imminent' is just McCoists way of placating daft fans who ignore the complexity of the transfer market and who think that the minute Rangers put a bid in for a player then they are automatically just about to sign

I'm sure saying 'nothing is imminent' is just McCoists way of placating daft fans who ignore the complexity of the transfer market and who think that the minute Rangers put a bid in for a player then they are automatically just about to sign

I think most fans or I hope most fans would realise this after the summer just gone.