Grant Holt

Thommo

Sky Sports understands Norwich City have rejected an approach from Rangers for captain Grant Holt.

The 30 year old striker has been in fantastic for Norwich since joining from Shrewsbury Town in 2009.

He has gone on to help the Canaries to consecutive promotions and he is now finding the net regularly in the Premier League.

Holt has seven goals to his name this season and his form hasn't gone unnoticed.

Indeed Sky Sports understands that Ally McCoist is a huge fan of the former Nottingham Forest man and is looking to take him to Ibrox.

And Rangers are understood to have made contact with Norwich - although the East Anglian outfit rebuffed this making it clear they would not entertain selling.

However, Rangers remain keen and seem certain to return with a firm offer before the window closes at the end of the month

Would be a great signing if we could pull it off!

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky Sports understands Norwich City have rejected an approach from Rangers for captain Grant Holt.

The 30-year-old striker has been fantastic for Norwich since joining from Shrewsbury Town in 2009.

He has gone on to help the Canaries to consecutive promotions and he is now finding the net on a regular basis in the Premier League.

Holt has seven goals to his name this season and his form has not gone unnoticed.

Indeed Sky Sports understands that Ally McCoist is a huge fan of the former Nottingham Forest man and is looking to take him to Ibrox.

Rangers are understood to have made contact with Norwich, although the East Anglian outfit rebuffed the enquiry, making it clear they would not entertain selling Holt.

However, Rangers remain keen and seem certain to return with a firm offer before the transfer window closes at the end of this month.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7444720/?

He's a cracking big player but I don't see it happening.

Financially I don't think we could afford it. He is also a legend down there so they won't want him to leave and he also loves it down there.

I highly doubt this will ever be a goer. Wouldn't mind it though because I think he'd do us a turn.

Highest paid player at Norwich before they went up to the Prem,very good in the air,great finisher,but spends alot of time on the floor getting fouled,him and my cousin have been strike partners the past few seasons in there promotions up the leagues,scored over 100 goals between them.