Lennon wants £35mill for Hooper

Davie2909

Thats how to warn off interested parties. As deluded as it is, he is right to do what he is doing. It may piss off Hooper though, if he does indeed want to go back down south.

AS mentioned on other post ..poopers agent will want a £135k basic for club declaring a valuation of £35m uk.gif

AS mentioned on other post ..poopers agent will want a £135k basic for club declaring a valuation of £35m uk.gif

Sure Wullie McKay tried that with Hibs when they were demanding so much for Brown and Thomson. If he is a £35m player then he deserves to be paid as one! :)

Celtic boss Neil Lennon claims it would take £35million to land his star striker Gary Hooper.

Championship side Southamptonspacer.gif have had two bids rejected for the Bhoys striker, who has already scored 16 goals this season.

And Lennon is refusing to budge on his insistence that Hooperspacer.gif is staying in Glasgow, saying he is worth more than £30million.

"Gary is happy here. He has good feet and is a good finisher. I'm delighted he got his goal today.

"Southampton have been in for him but I don't want to sell any of my top players. It would have to be top dollar for guys such as Gary, Ki Sung-Yeung, Beram Kayal, Emilio Izaguirre and James Forrest.

"But if I had to put a price on Gary's head then it would be £35million. Even if we did receive a knock-out price for Gary, would we be able to replace him. Trust me, goalscorers of his calibre are not easy to find.

"We're top of the league and that brings its own pressure. But I hope we can keep all our good players.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7433741/