David Weir to call time on Rangers playing career

rangersxfc

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favourite Rangers players ever. Been lucky enough to meet the big man twice and what a gentleman. A true Rangers legend in my eyes and i hope to welcome him back to Ibrox as manager in the future. A younger version of Walter Smith in the way he carries himself and the way he conducts himself when representing Rangers. All youngsters should aspire to this guy, breezing through champions leauge games at Old trafford at the age of 39 against one of the worlds "best" players. So long to a true legend :praise:

Good luck Davie and all the best in whatever you do

At first, when Walter Signed big Davie,I thought why are we signing a has been at 36 or 37 (can't remember exactly), but how wrong could I have been. The guy has been a tremendous servant and gone on to be a Rangers Legend, and in my opinion Walters best signing in his second stint. Well done big Davie - A True Ranger.

A top banana by all accounts.

I hope he hangs his playing boots up and goes out on a high now, the guy is made for coaching.

We've asked a lot of him and, for the short term, I hope he gets to spend a couple of years back in Liverpool with his family.

A true gentleman who we were all proud to say was the captain of our great club.

A scholar of the game - he would have to be to play at the highest level at the end of his career.

Davie Weir is the benchmark for all future Rangers captains, both on and off the field.

Thanks for the memories Davie!