a few months ago

krissg910

i said give ally a chance and time. when a lot were/are writting him off and even some wanting him gone already.

my reason for this was that ally concentrated on defence in the summer. build from the back as they say.

i said in january/summer he will concentrate on getting his own midfield and forwards into the club and then should be judged. most shot me down for this. well all the targets we are linked with are mids and strikers with nearly all being attacking style players.

hopefully the celik deals comes off and that will be the first of a good few players brung in during january and the summer. this boy looks the business(time will tell) and exactly the type of player we need, ally does know the weaknesses of the team but he only had the funds to concentrate on 1 part in the summer.

sooner or latter ally will get the type of players he wants and needs and be a success like i have always predicted.

now lets get right behind him and the team and give him the time he needs to build a good team/squad.

no surrender!!!!!

McCoist has until the end of the season to prove to me he isn't the right man for the job and until he convinces me of that fact I'll follow him unreservedly. We can't jump to conclusions here, Celtic had an awful start, we had a great one. They had a great middle period, we had an awful one. Things have levelled out now and we need to get back up to pace or risk slipping away.

Believe.

McCoist has until the end of the season to prove to me he isn't the right man for the job and until he convinces me of that fact I'll follow him unreservedly. We can't jump to conclusions here, Celtic had an awful start, we had a great one. They had a great middle period, we had an awful one. Things have levelled out now and we need to get back up to pace or risk slipping away.

Believe.

see the difference is whether or not we win the league(i think we will) i still want ally to be manger for atleast another season. the only thing that would make me change my mind about this is losing the lge by 15-20points.

i know 2nd isnt acceptable to us(i include myself) but we need to look at the long term picture and where we are as a club(financially) it will take time to get the right squad together, we cant go out and buy 3-4million pound guys anymore so its harder to get the right players in.

when youre shopping in the 500k-1mil market your doing a very good job if every 1 out of 2 signings turns out to be a good one.

If he fails to win the title this season he should go.

This. We built a huge lead at the start and regardless of how much of a run they are on, we should not be throwing away a lead like that. If we don't win the league, then that is the period which will have cost us most and the manager has to shoulder much of the blame.

i dont agree that ally should go if we dont win the lge. the 15point lead was really 9 points(2 games in hand). i believe a new manager needs more than 1 season to build a squad and prove himself.

the only way i think the manager should go after 1 season is if we are 15-20points behind in the lge or finish 3rd or less.

however much i would like it, we cant win the lge every year.