Jelavic Thread

Brian Laudrup

EVERTON are poised to table an £8million bid for Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic.

And Ibrox manager Ally McCoist is weighing up a deadline-busting swoop for Hearts starlet David Templeton IF the Croatian hitman is sold.

SunSport can reveal Everton approached Gers last night, but no formal offer was made.

Toffees gaffer David Moyes is a long-time admirer of Jelavic and tried to sign him before he moved to Ibrox two years ago.

Everton will use the cash from the £5m sale of Russian winger Diniyar Bilyaletdinov to Spartak Moscow to help finance the Jelavic swoop.

Moyes is in the market for firepower, with his shot-shy Blues scoring just 22 goals in 22 Premiership games this season.

And Jelavic, who has netted 30 times in 45 SPL games for Gers following his £4m move from Rapid Vienna two years ago, fits the bill.

Sunderland, West Ham and Liverpool have all shown an interest in the Croat, yet no one has been able to match Gers' £10m valuation.

But with just 48 hours before the transfer window closes, Everton are set to up the ante.

SunSport understands Hammers manager Sam Allardyce hasn't given up hope of luring Jela to Upton Park, but Gers could find Everton's offer hard to resist.

Any sale now would leave McCoist with little time to secure a big-name replacement.

SunSport understands Norwich striker Grant Holt remains at the top of his list.

But Tynecastle wide boy Templeton has now emerged as a target if McCoist is given funds to add to his squad.

The Gers boss rates the 23-year-old highly and hopes he could be given the cash to sign him in a shock deal.

Hearts are likely to be open to business, with owner Vladimir Romanov eager to reduce the club's wage bill.

Gers are also set to send Spanish flop Juan Ortiz to Almeria.

Meanwhile, Jelavic's mentor has laughed off Neil Warnock's claims he is not worth £10m.

Zoran Vulic gave Jelavic his pro debut at Hadjuk Split.

He said: "When I read the quotes from Warnock I was very annoyed. He is completely wrong.

"Chelsea paid £50m for Fernando Torres and Liverpool spent £35m to buy Andy Carroll.

"If you paid these figures for these players, how can you not value Jelavic at £10m

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4095766/Everton-set-for-8m-Jelavic-bid.html#ixzz1ktbxVAK2

Like big Andy Carroll, 35 million player who burys every chance.

And he has been scoring regularly how can you deny that?

You can't compare any footballer to that donkey.

14 in the SPL, how many penalties? 3 or 4?

I think he played better last year, that's my point.

EVERTON are poised to table an £8million bid for Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic.

And Ibrox manager Ally McCoist is weighing up a deadline-busting swoop for Hearts starlet David Templeton IF the Croatian hitman is sold.

SunSport can reveal Everton approached Gers last night, but no formal offer was made.

Toffees gaffer David Moyes is a long-time admirer of Jelavic and tried to sign him before he moved to Ibrox two years ago.

Everton will use the cash from the £5m sale of Russian winger Diniyar Bilyaletdinov to Spartak Moscow to help finance the Jelavic swoop.

Moyes is in the market for firepower, with his shot-shy Blues scoring just 22 goals in 22 Premiership games this season.

And Jelavic, who has netted 30 times in 45 SPL games for Gers following his £4m move from Rapid Vienna two years ago, fits the bill.

Sunderland, West Ham and Liverpool have all shown an interest in the Croat, yet no one has been able to match Gers' £10m valuation.

But with just 48 hours before the transfer window closes, Everton are set to up the ante.

SunSport understands Hammers manager Sam Allardyce hasn't given up hope of luring Jela to Upton Park, but Gers could find Everton's offer hard to resist.

Any sale now would leave McCoist with little time to secure a big-name replacement.

SunSport understands Norwich striker Grant Holt remains at the top of his list.

But Tynecastle wide boy Templeton has now emerged as a target if McCoist is given funds to add to his squad.

The Gers boss rates the 23-year-old highly and hopes he could be given the cash to sign him in a shock deal.

Hearts are likely to be open to business, with owner Vladimir Romanov eager to reduce the club's wage bill.

Gers are also set to send Spanish flop Juan Ortiz to Almeria.

Meanwhile, Jelavic's mentor has laughed off Neil Warnock's claims he is not worth £10m.

Zoran Vulic gave Jelavic his pro debut at Hadjuk Split.

He said: "When I read the quotes from Warnock I was very annoyed. He is completely wrong.

"Chelsea paid £50m for Fernando Torres and Liverpool spent £35m to buy Andy Carroll.

"If you paid these figures for these players, how can you not value Jelavic at £10m

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4095766/Everton-set-for-8m-Jelavic-bid.html#ixzz1ktbxVAK2

Sounds more like it.

Moan the Zoran Vulic

Technially it's still classed as the Champions League.

Technically I'd only say he's a proven scorer in the Champions Leage when he has actually scored in a Champions League game, not a 'Third Qualifying round ' match.

Post above for the first sentence.

I never said just SPL goals. He cost a goal, doesn't mean he has lost desire. He has still being scoring regularly and puts in plenty of effort.

Likewise.

I did though. He's been poor since we went out of Europe imo.

I'm just being an objectionable cunt mate. Since we're losing Jelavic, I'm going into self preservation mode :D 'No 1 man is bigger than the club'. 'We move on'. These are the things I'm thinking right now.

Thanks for the goals Jelavic, but to be honest, he's not the player we thought he would be!

This!

We are over run by midfielders! Mervan must have been signed as a striker if we are in for Templeton.

There are too many players being played out of position at Rangers so let's not let our new signing be another.

There has been no quotes about Templeton so I reckon it's just the rags filling up pages on this one...it's forwards we need we have enough wingers for 3 teams just now.

There are too many players being played out of position at Rangers so let's not let our new signing be another.

There has been no quotes about Templeton so I reckon it's just the rags filling up pages on this one...it's forwards we need we have enough wingers for 3 teams just now.

With the service we have now we just need a lazy player, someone who doesn't do any work outside the box, you know what I'm getting at don't you?

If we're playing 4-2-3-1 from now on, I'd say Templeton would be a brilliant buy. If Jelavic goes but convinces his pal to come...

Sahili

Templeton Mervan Aluko

Davis Edu

Yes please.

Not going to lie..Don't know alot about him.

Would he suit the role?