Jelavic Thread

Brian Laudrup

Never mind the cup winning goal against the taigs or the countless times he scored crucial goals to help winning the title last season.

He might not be on form just now but he has more goals than anyone else in the SPL and is way out infront as our top goal scorer, doing this in a team that has punted long balls up to him for months is pretty decent IMO. We know what he has to offer and he needs a partner to do this so it's no wonder he hasnt looked himself of late.

It's nothing to do with a lack of desire or did you miss him busting a gut to win a corner in his last game in the last minutes, he's hit a bad run of form but still scored the goals.

:lol: Who rattled your cage mate?? :lol:

I was correcting someone's over exaggerated post, that's all. No one's questioning his commitment last season. He's only 5 league goals ahead of Naismith who's missed the last two months. You can't compare Jelavic of last season and this season. They're in no way the same player.

Listen, I'm a big fan of Jelavic, and wish to fuck Coisty would play him as a part of a front two. That's not his fault though, I accept that. But I just don't buy into this "Scoring for fun" pish! IMO his form dipped when the transfer window was approaching. Looks to me like he's been saving himself for a move.

can see this goin through tuesday teatime after we announce Boyd on a free and about half 11 tuesday night we announce a "James Beattie" type panic buy/loan

i knew this would happen,, we would end up selling when we have no time to get a quality replacement in

utter pish

ScottBurns75 Scott Burns

Jelavic's stance now leaves #rangers and ally mccoist in a difficult position. Do they sell or keep an unhappy player? #everton #grfc

ScottBurns75 Scott Burns

#rangers star Nikica Jelavic has told Rangers he wants to leave and join #everton. Full story in today's Daily Express #grfc #efc

This guy is normally spot on, looks like Jelavic is forcing a move.

Haven't been on the forum for a few hours and I come back and its Jelavic for £8m, David Templeton and a £3.5m bid. The transfer window is fucking ridiculous. Doubt there is one paper out there with credible information. It's seems like all speculation.

Not going to lie..Don't know alot about him.

Would he suit the role?

Salihi? He's a slightly less lazy Boyd :lol:

A few people moaning that we've got / going for too many players to provide goals and no one to finish them. Salihi is the answer imo. Doesn't do much outside the box, but doesn't really have to. His goal scoring record speaks for itself really. Supply him and he'll score.

I'd be disgusted if we sell Jelavic and Salihi ends up going to China.

I'm baffled by this whole Jelavic situation. He's a great, technical player, but we played him as a lone striker. He still managed 14 league goals for us this season, which isn't bad, with 1/3rd of the season still left to play.

BUT, although only a few weeks ago he said he was disappointed with his form, and wanted to improve & stay at the club and help us win the league. Yet, twice missed games during the transfer window (where we coincidently play great and score 7 goals), and now seems to have worked his ticket out.

Fair play to him if/when he goes. Said he was only here as a stepping stone to the EPl, has been a good player for us alright. I really am disappointed to see him go, but I'm far from being upset about it. I'm actually excited at the prospect of perhaps getting Salihi, as I think he could be a brilliant player for us.

They are selling players to pay wages! Didn't they sell Stevenson for £40,000? or someone :lol:

Don't think anything has been confirmed mate, but I think Bristol were closing in on him for £50k. Think Hearts are wanting rid though as he didn't return to training despite being paid.

:lol: Wouldn't mind either, but I think Salihi would be a better buy all things considered.

If im honest mate, i dont know too much about the guy, so i cant really judge. By all accounts he seems a good player, certainly going by what most of the members are saying.

I do know a bit about holt though, and im sure hed do really well up here. Sometimes his style isnt pretty, but with aluko, templeton, and mervan behind him, im sure we'd make up for it. If we go 4-2-3-1, hes ideal for it, he can bully entire defences on his own. Its the thing that sometimes annoyed me about jelavic, and its not his fault because its just not his style of play, but for a big guy he can sometimes get thrown around and dominated. That wouldnt be an issue with holt, theres not a defender in the spl that could bully him. Hes great in the air and is decent on the deck aswell. Id be delighted if we got him, but i just dont see it happening. I honestly believe hed be a cult hero up here, he's a bit like duncan ferguson, just maybe not quite as fuckin mental!

If im honest mate, i dont know too much about the guy, so i cant really judge. By all accounts he seems a good player, certainly going by what most of the members are saying.

I do know a bit about holt though, and im sure hed do really well up here. Sometimes his style isnt pretty, but with aluko, templeton, and mervan behind him, im sure we'd make up for it. If we go 4-2-3-1, hes ideal for it, he can bully entire defences on his own. Its the thing that sometimes annoyed me about jelavic, and its not his fault because its just not his style of play, but for a big guy he can sometimes get thrown around and dominated. That wouldnt be an issue with holt, theres not a defender in the spl that could bully him. Hes great in the air and is decent on the deck aswell. Id be delighted if we got him, but i just dont see it happening. I honestly believe hed be a cult hero up here, he's a bit like duncan ferguson, just maybe not quite as fuckin mental!

Go with what you know (tu)

The thing with Holt is though, he would cost quite a bit and we'd get next to nothing back for him in the future. In our financial situation,Ithink it's maybe too much of a risk. Like you say, he's loved down there. I honestly don't think he'd want to come up here having lead them to the PL nor would the fans let him :lol:

Stevenson signed for Ipswich for 50k.

Oh, thought Bristol were interested weren't they? Also didn't think he had left yet :lol:

I don't rate him much at all, but still not bad at £50k. Doubt his wages would be high either, more than he was getting at Hearts anyway...