Jelavic Thread

Brian Laudrup

Go with what you know (tu)

The thing with Holt is though, he would cost quite a bit and we'd get next to nothing back for him in the future. In our financial situation,Ithink it's maybe too much of a risk. Like you say, he's loved down there. I honestly don't think he'd want to come up here having lead them to the PL nor would the fans let him :lol:

Your right, if we are going to try n lure some1 from the pl we need to make sure theres sell on value. The lad from rapid seems ideal

Jelavic goes today say.

Who would be happy, if for arguments sake we brought in Templeton,Holt and Salihi??

I know Holt really has no sell on value but the bottom line is we win the league and get the CL money to steady the ship and build on properly from there.

Jelavic goes today say.

Who would be happy, if for arguments sake we brought in Templeton,Holt and Salihi??

I know Holt really has no sell on value but the bottom line is we win the league and get the CL money to steady the ship and build on properly from there.

IF we were to bring these guys in, along with perhaps jaager I think it would be a vastily improved team and one that can really push for the title.

I am not a massive Holt fan as I just don't think this is the way forward for our transfers, but if we did end up with him, i am sure he would do well

The only downside is perhaps that holt and sahili seem very similar strikers, i.e big target men, good in air, not the quickest...i think we need a quick, nimble striker, ala miller to compliment a big lump

IF we were to bring these guys in, along with perhaps jaager I think it would be a vastily improved team and one that can really push for the title.

I am not a massive Holt fan as I just don't think this is the way forward for our transfers, but if we did end up with him, i am sure he would do well

The only downside is perhaps that holt and sahili seem very similar strikers, i.e big target men, good in air, not the quickest...i think we need a quick, nimble striker, ala miller to compliment a big lump

I do think we need a pacy striker...maybe Celik could be that or maybe Templeton/Aluko.

I would love us to get Jaager

No further news this morning this end. Most journos north and south of border putting their names to articles with "we understand" "our source" "an insider" saying that Jelavic will try push the move thru. However nothing concrete at all that Everton and Rangers have actually agreed a fee.

If its happening it's got to all go thru today. We're playing Man City 2moro night so we wont be signing anyone kast minute. Iif it's not to be with Jelavic then we've got to move on to other targets today, meant to be Doyle or Rodellega

I'd expect confirmation one way or another by this afternoon

No further news this morning this end. Most journos north and south of border putting their names to articles with "we understand" "our source" "an insider" saying that Jelavic will try push the move thru. However nothing concrete at all that Everton and Rangers have actually agreed a fee.

If its happening it's got to all go thru today. We're playing Man City 2moro night so we wont be signing anyone kast minute. Iif it's not to be with Jelavic then we've got to move on to other targets today, meant to be Doyle or Rodellega

I'd expect confirmation one way or another by this afternoon

cheers for the updates mate keep us all posted at this end. IMO if its happening get it done now and we can try get some bodies in today/tomorrow.

Jelavic, will be missed, but can be replaced. Decent player and scored some great/important goals for us in his short time here, but we always knew when he signed he wouldnt be around for long, and if we can make a bit of profit and bolster the squad then i'll not be losing any sleep over this departure.

How do we go from KO 7 million bids to accepting 3.5? How does that work?

The media like to word it this way to cause a stir.

The £7 million bid would have been a up front lump sum with add ons taking the potential value to 7 million.

This one will be £3.5 up front with add ons taking it to £6-7 million I'd have thought.

Most people think we paid £4 million for Jelavic but really this was in instalments with fees being paid at set deadlines.

How do we go from KO 7 million bids to accepting 3.5? How does that work?

How do you know its 3.5? Seriously folk need to think before they tap at keyboards..

Its more like 3.5 up front and the rest in instalments. That's how most transfers work, they pay in instalments.