Jelavic Thread

Brian Laudrup

How do you know its 3.5? Seriously folk need to think before they tap at keyboards..

Its more like 3.5 up front and the rest in instalments. That's how most transfers work, they pay in instalments.

Finally someone understands!!!

FWIW we're as sceptical of our board as you are of yours. Not beyond the realms of imagination for the two boards to get together for PR and a deal doesn't go thru...we look as if we've tried our best and you look like you've won the battle to keep the player.

Will update on here as soon as I hear anything

FWIW we're as sceptical of our board as you are of yours. Not beyond the realms of imagination for the two boards to get together for PR and a deal doesn't go thru...we look as if we've tried our best and you look like you've won the battle to keep the player.

OOft a wee conspiracy theory, adds more fuel to the fire :)

Wedensday will be great!

I for one can't wait till all this shit is over, it was the exact same when we were in for Jelavic...failed bids and speculation for most of the summer and on boards like this there was countless threads about it.

The line is in sight...

Nice theory but I'm not buying it. Moyes was up at the last Old Firm game at the Piggery (as was Woy) and he was scouting Jelavic then.

FWIW I think Jelavic will be an Everton player before the window closes. I don't have a source, this is purely my own opinion.

24 hours is a long time compared to the scenario that many on here have predicted whereby he is sold at the last minute leaving no time to bring anybody in.

24 hours accounts for 3% of the transfer window. We could easily have sold him with a week left, giving us enough time to actually sign a player at a decent amount without having to compete with the panic merchants on the last day.

24 hours accounts for 3% of the transfer window. We could easily have sold him with a week left, giving us enough time to actually sign a player at a decent amount without having to compete with the panic merchants on the last day.

Selling him now could get us a better deal and with several of our targets being free agents - there is no deadline.

But we didn't, did we. Therefore my point was that if he is to leave it's better for us that it happens today rather than tomorrow pm. Agreed?

Selling him now could get us a better deal and with several of our targets being free agents - there is no deadline.

We won't be the only clubs looking at these free agents. Some of these players will prefer to go to a better league/get more money elsewhere. I doubt we will get Salihi. I can maybe see us getting Boyd, which I wouldn't be totally against.

My pessimistic outlook however is that we will end up perhaps with a James Beattie mk11. Fucking Kanu or something lol!

I hate transfer windows, especially at the moment :anguish:

But we didn't, did we. Therefore my point was that if he is to leave it's better for us that it happens today rather than tomorrow pm. Agreed?

Of course mate that goes without saying. I'm just pissed off that we have left it so late in the day. We can't guarantee now that any of our targets will not get a better offer tomorrow- assuming that Jelavic is sold- and go to another team. That is what irks me.

Of course mate that goes without saying. I'm just pissed off that we have left it so late in the day. We can't guarantee now that any of our targets will not get a better offer tomorrow- assuming that Jelavic is sold- and go to another team. That is what irks me.

Plenty of teams leave it late in the window- that's just the way the transfer game seems to be played these days. I for one am glad that we are now in a position where we have the choice of knocking back offers in the expectation/hope of receiving better deals. I agree that it would have been nice to have this all sorted out already but I'm happy that Mr. Whyte is doing what he feels is in the best interest for the club.

RANGERS chairman Craig Whyte was today locked in talks with counterpart Bill Kenwright over a deal to take Nikica Jelavic to Everton.

The Croatian striker has intimated a desire to move on to the Ibrox hierarchy inside the past 24 hours, and now a deal that suits Whyte must be thrashed out.

Initial bids of between £5million and £6million were booted out as Whyte tries to get nearer to his £9m valuation, but Everton boss Davie Moyes wants Jelavic on board and a transfer is expected to go through before tomorrow night’s transfer deadline.