Jelavic Thread

Brian Laudrup

can I ask why you think he is a prick ?

No professionalism about him whatsoever.

Should take a leaf out of Ortiz's book. No game time for the lad, kept his head down, said he would like to stay fight for his place and has a superb attitude. On loan to Almeria now without causing any grief.

But Jelavic? Any time a team bids for him he throws his toys out the pram and demands a move, prick of a guy.

No professionalism about him whatsoever.

Should take a leaf out of Ortiz's book. No game time for the lad, kept his head down, said he would like to stay fight for his place and has a superb attitude. On loan to Almeria now without causing any grief.

But Jelavic? Any time a team bids for him he throws his toys out the pram and demands a move, prick of a guy.

Nobody on here was complaining when he did the same to Rapid Vienna to force his move to us. Just seems to be that type of player, reminds me of Anelka or Tevez in that they have no loyalty to a particular club and will move on as soon as the notion takes them.

Just goes to show though, after him being hawked around for months the only teams who showed any concrete interest are championship and crap EPL clubs. He'll lose interest soon enough at Everton with nothing to look forward to but bottom half mediocrity every season.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/sitesearch.do?querystring=Jelavic&p=tto&pf=all&bl=on"Everton have had a £3.5 million bid accepted for Nikica Jelavic, taking advantage of Rangers’ parlous financial position...Merseyside club entering the final hours of the transfer window. Jelavic, who missed Rangers’ 4-0 win over Hibernian on Saturday..."

sorry for losing the rag, I can assure you I am true blue thro and thro......used to wind timothy up all the time on 606, username was BennyBlancofromtheBrox any ex 606ers on here?the point I was making with this thread is more about players coming in than Jelavic leaving,we need players that can walk straight into the team and they cost big bucks, bringing in more squad players like McKay, Bedoya, Ortiz etc. isn't going to win us the league.If Jelavic goes for £8m I'd like to see at least £4m spent on a forward alone!!

I cant see us getting £8 mil. I reckon 6-7 mil if we are lucky

I said it days ago I dont think we will get what we are hoping for but £3.5 mil would be very poor.

I said it days ago I dont think we will get what we are hoping for but £3.5 mil would be very poor.

doh

It is not 3.5m. Basically the only deal I can think of that I know hasn't been paid in installments is Ronaldo to Real. All deals are paid in installments and we are getting 3.5m up front for this one

There is no chance someone in the youths will know for sure if a bid has been accepted or not! :lol:

It's got to the point where I think though that Jelavic must go now, personally I think it'll be the best thing for everyone involved. There will be no point keeping a player against his wishes, which could harm both the players performances and the teams, while also harming the value of Jelavic.

We must act quick though, we aren't going to have much time to get things done. We need two strikers in, I am seriously worrying about us not even bringing in anyone!