Leaving games early.

garycassidy1802

Subway Loyal  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable to leave a match early when we are drawing 1-1 and dominating play?

• Yes
    • No.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one thing that really grinds my gears. I have never left a match early.

Especially at 1-1 when we're on top and the crowd is behind the players, our crowd has been hailed as a 12th man before, so why do people leave early to beat the traffic or whatever, is that more important than getting a winning goal?

Not that its any of your business.......

I used to have to leave Ibrox 15 mins early in the mid-1980s, when there was no "Inverness True Blues" (a post-Souness shower of bandwagon jumping cunts), in order to catch the last train north from Queen street at 5.05. I had to catch the 7.50am train just to make kick-off.

Games at Motherwell, Love Street, Cappielow,Clydebank meant having to leave at half-time, or spend a night sleeping in a bus shelter, near 200 miles from home. Of course, matches against ra selik, aberdeen and the occasional Euro tie meant a supporters bus appearing out of nowhere, and a full 90 minutes could be watched but generally, it was make your own way there, and home again.

This was in a period when The Rangers went 9 years without winning the league, and many current season ticket holders didnt even know their way to Ibrox

I'd just like to apologise for my lack of support. Shame on me. :rolleyes:

im sorry but thats a load of shite

who are you to decide that leaving before the end of a match makes you less of a supporter

Unless people have genuine travel/health difficulties, do you think they're really that committed to the outcome (and by extension the team) if they can't be bothered to stay to the end to see what happens?

Doesn't happen as often these days, but imagine missing out on the magic of a last gasp winner? Bet they all brag about being there when it happens!

That said, you pays your money, you takes your choice & folk have the right to leave early if they want, but strikes me a lot of these are the same ones who think buying a ticket gives them the right to call our own players every kind of useless w**k, c**t under the sun - big on rights, short on responsibilities

I think it is clearly evident who the OP meant when he wrote his article. I am sure that many need to leave, for whatever reason: I think what many are getting at, myself included, is the fan who could stay the full 90 minutes but just leaves anyway. I'm not sure we are looking for martyrs to spend the night in bus shelters or anything.

If it's for a train or something and it's something that would happen regardless of performance/game fair enough... When it's because the team are playing poorly, then i disagree. When we are at 1-1, attacking and having a few chances in the dying moments, then that's just fucking bizarre.

I think it is clearly evident who the OP meant when he wrote his article. I am sure that many need to leave, for whatever reason: I think what many are getting at, myself included, is the fan who could stay the full 90 minutes but just leaves anyway. I'm not sure we are looking for martyrs to spend the night in bus shelters or anything.

Unless people have genuine travel/health difficulties, do you think they're really that committed to the outcome (and by extension the team) if they can't be bothered to stay to the end to see what happens?

Doesn't happen as often these days, but imagine missing out on the magic of a last gasp winner? Bet they all brag about being there when it happens!

That said, you pays your money, you takes your choice & folk have the right to leave early if they want, but strikes me a lot of these are the same ones who think buying a ticket gives them the right to call our own players every kind of useless w**k, c**t under the sun - big on rights, short on responsibilities

so if the fans that leave early arent true fans or supporters, what does that make the many MANY thousands that dont go to games anymore

so if the fans that leave early arent true fans or supporters, what does that make the many MANY thousands that dont go to games anymore

Didn't say that JBJ, I said they maybe aren't as committed to the outcome (they are supporting cos they do pay their money after all).

As for those that don't go any more, there will be lots of reasons, I'm sure many simply can't afford it & I know if anything happened

to my job I'd be in that boat too - I really feel for the guys who can't get there any more when they post on here.

I travel a fair way & so I never want to miss a minute of play (however ropey we may be).

Maybe guys who live more locally & have been going all the time for many years can adopt the 'I'll just pop into Ibrox for a bit' mindset &

can take it or leave it - I'm just puzzled there are so many!

All I can say is, you wouldn't pay to watch a film &, on a regular basis, leave 10 mins before the end, which is what a lot of our fans appear to do.

I never leave games early but I voted yes, its up to other when they leave they may have a dam good reason for it but people who leave just to beat traffic when the team needs your support is shocking!!!

Some people have good reason, others don't.

For the sake of getting home half an hour earlier to me is no excuse to leave 10 minutes early.

If you will actually physically miss a connecting train then it's fair enough.

One things for sure it's that not everyone who leaves early has a good excuse - other than its their right to do so.

This thread is a non starter if you ask me.. no matter what the score is a lot of people have to leave a bit earlier wether it would be for the subway or there bus or other comittments.. most importantly the person is there for most of the game supporting our team.

I don't see the point in leaving early at 1-1 myself. Your there to watch your team, so surely you should stay for the most crucial part?

However I disagree With this "team need your support" pish. Getting the islands per week they get, they won't be arsed whether 5000 have left before the whistle or not. Are you trying to tell me before sorting it home Jelavic takes a quick look at the broomloan to see half the stand empty, gets disheartened and hits it wide? Behave