Kevin Davies

Davie2909

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck sake.

Was so close to get that age comment in there first.

LOL, so what style of striker is he that is excempt from the old fart player stigma?

Hope ally isn't going for the lumping the ball up to big striker tactic!

Seriously though, I know nothing about the guy, so am keen to learn more.

Davie Weir came to us at an older age and ended up leaving as one of our greatest ever captains.

People shouldn't just disregard a player purely because of age.

Yeah that's true, but it's a good general indicator. Big davie was an exception to the rule - of which there doesn't seem to be that many - relatively speaking.

We already have healy, I would much rather we tried to stay on the right side of 30 tbh.

Yeah that's true, but it's a good general indicator. Big davie was an exception to the rule - of which there doesn't seem to be that many - relatively speaking.

We already have healy, I would much rather we tried to stay on the right side of 30 tbh.

As would I, but he's still playing regular football, albeit from the bench, this season. Healy hadn't played first team football in at least 3 years when we'd signed him.

LOL, so what style of striker is he that is excempt from the old fart player stigma?

Hope ally isn't going for the lumping the ball up to big striker tactic!

Seriously though, I know nothing about the guy, so am keen to learn more.

Target man.

Sort of player who bullys the opposition to make space for others.

And he is very good at it, the long ball isnt a bad strategy if you have the right players for it. Davies would win most knockdowns IMO and he would link up well with Aluko, Davis etc. He would be an excellent support striker to have or even a lone striker if we had say Aluko and Naismith supporting him.