Whyte would not release funds.

RossRFC1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bollocks, absolute fuckin bollocks. Im sick of reading this pish.

Your points are all probably valid, but im sick of hearing McCoist getting slaughtered for failing to qualify for europe at his first attempt. You cant say "right, we didnt qualify there, and it was your team, so you cant be rptrusted with any money from now on"

Fuckin sak him them, whats the point in keeping him. Should that have been the attitude towards Walter Smith every time he failed to get us into europe. We could have spent something, im not askin for tens of millions, but when your manager states time and time again he needs payers in, you have to do SOMETHING, especially when all youve done is go on about how you'll back him.

Btw mate, thats not an attack on you, im just sick of this theory that since Ally McCoist spent fuckin pennies in the summer and fucked up, he cant be trusted with any more money. If thats the case then whats the point keeping him.

No offence taken mate. (tu)

I was playing devils advocate on how Whyte may take the performances so far? Or more to the point how Whyte can use this as a weapon to argue against what Ally wants.

It could quite easily play out like this in the boardroom.

Ally says hey Mr Whyte I need some players due to injury and selling Jela.

Whyte says. I promised you and the fans $5m quid every season for transfers and you spent it all. Even on players you never play?? What's the go with that Ally?

Ally - Well you sold Jela so geez us some of that!

Whyte, I would have given you the lot but you didnt make europe and we cant afford it?

In the business world that Whyte operates in. Mcoist must be held accountable and Ally when fronted with that question on europe cant duck it. He fucked up. He had also been in the position as #2 so he knew the squad. The strenghts and weaknesses.

End of the day mate. Its just my opinion but one that i think valid if we look at it from Whytes angle.

The diff with Walter to Ally is too big to even write down But one Manager has a successful track record over many years and in some very difficult times (later years) and the other is just starting out. So the gamble is different. But Ally cant yell he needs time due to he has been here for ages?

don't post and just read (mainly because I never have anything I could add to a debate which hasn't already been said) but I hope I won't get accussed of being from the darkside for posting now ....

In the summer we brought in

Ortiz - £300k sent back on loan to club we bought him from

Bedoya - £300k - bench warming

Mckay - £300k - has played 2 or 3 times and by the looks of it won't be playing much more

Wallace - £1.5m

Goian - £750k

Bocanegra - £350k

Bartley Loan will be costing a few quid aswell

We paid off Beattie - £1m

+ securing AM , SD and SW so Whyte has done what he said he would - £5m+ a season

On top of that we have now got Aluko and Mervan onboard aswell ..

If CW has refused to release funds then if you look at it from his point of view he is right not to - £1m + wages spent on players who aren't good enough to be in the starting XI plus another £1m to a player ally didnt want to keep around. That's almost half the £5m wasted.

In CW shoes I would not be impressed with 50% of the outgoing cash being wasted and would have reservations about risking more. Worst case scenario - new manager in summer will want funds to build his own team so when cash is limited it makes sense to keep what you have for when you really need it. (<- does not mean I want Ally sacked or expect him to be gone in the summer)

The Jelavic sale is not ideal but what can you do if a player wants to leave. The players we have at our disposal at the moment should be able to cope until lafferty gets back to lead the line in March and then it a matter of hoping that he repeats the exploits of the past few seasons and finishes strongly.

Just to finish with a small rant - can people PLEASE stop going on about a 19 point swing!!! The gap was 15 points and THEY had 2 games in hand - both of which they won therefore gap was only 9 points. 13 point swing - 3 of which are an OF defeat so technicaly only a 10point swing - they lose to Hearts and we give them a going over in March and we will be back on top .. :)

I still believe we will win this title and the ranting and raving going on will make it all the sweeter :21:

Ally is not to blame for what has happened since he took charge IMO. Whyte is a charlatan, a total con-man who has lied to us since day one. The £5M per year pledge was part of the sale process and should be legally binding. There are too many apologists on this site for a guy who is leading us into the depths of despair. We are teetering on the brink right now and unless we take some affirmative action, the club could be in administration or liquidation in a matter of months.

fucking sick of it already, all this pointing the blame at people.

there is nothing we can do about this situation right now and there is still a league that we can win.

we are where we are. it would have been fantastic to bring in a replacement for Jela, but there is nothing that we can do about that now until the summer.

so you can either go have a cry like a fanny or a tim, or back Ally and the team to bring home 4IAR and win this league.

i know what i will be doing. let's win this league and then have a long hard look at ourselves over the summer.

:clap: My sentiments exactly. It is what it is - do we lie down like dogs and give up? Do we f*ck. Times like these let you find out what just what you're made of, so let those on our team remember what wearing this jersey is all about - circle the wagons, dig down deep, and take no prisoners.

Ally is not to blame for what has happened since he took charge IMO. Whyte is a charlatan, a total con-man who has lied to us since day one. The £5M per year pledge was part of the sale process and should be legally binding. There are too many apologists on this site for a guy who is leading us into the depths of despair. We are teetering on the brink right now and unless we take some affirmative action, the club could be in administration or liquidation in a matter of months.

Ortiz - £300k

Bedoya - £300k

Mckay - £300k

Wallace - £1.5m

Goian - £750k

Bocanegra - £350k

£1m to get rid of beattie

= £4.5m plus singning on fees + Bartley + Aluko + Mervan takes it easily over £5m + 3 players secured on longterm deals.

Can't see how exactly you draw your conclusions of CW ... these are actually words that you should be shouting outside the offices of MIH and the homes of Bain , Johnson , Murray , King and all those who brought us to this point in the 1st place ....