Hoodster

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'he has improved game by game'

Fucking hilarious

He is shite

Facts are the two games he's played as lone striker we've hammered our opponents 3-0, 4-0, he's scored, our midfielders have been brought into play more.

Healy's proved himself at a high level, he scored a hat trick against the Super Spain side ffs. If you're shite you wouldn't have been able to do this.

I struggle to see the logic in being so negative about Rangers all the time. You seem like you've got issues outwith football.

MCLACHLAN1 puts it across in a fairly shite way but to a point I agree.

Healy while being a nice bloke and a Rangers man is nowhere near the level of forward we need at this club to fire us to the title.

We need a player to compliment Lafferty when he comes back and that player to me is now Naismith. He is out as we all know so it's down to Healy and while I will support him and HOPE he does well...I just can't see it working. We all have to remember he has not played a run of games for years so he may not have much in his tank.

Do we not have any young boys who are scoring in the youth ranks? It wouldn't be a disaster to give one a chance.

Mcl actually put it across in a completely inadequate and pathetic way mate. You on the other hand, although i disagree with you, put across a constructive point. Big difference.

We would all like a higher level of forward but we do not have one, or one that is available if you include Naisy. The only point I was making is I think he is improving and will score 20+ goals this season. I could be completely wrong, hope not tho, but I just have a feeling he will be very important to us.

As for the youngsters, I am not totally up to speed with what we have available, but having let Fleck etc go I imagine we are pretty bare in that department.

Mcl actually put it across in a completely inadequate and pathetic way mate. You on the other hand, although i disagree with you, put across a constructive point. Big difference.

We would all like a higher level of forward but we do not have one, or one that is available if you include Naisy. The only point I was making is I think he is improving and will score 20+ goals this season. I could be completely wrong, hope not tho, but I just have a feeling he will be very important to us.

As for the youngsters, I am not totally up to speed with what we have available, but having let Fleck etc go I imagine we are pretty bare in that department.

Maybe I'm too soft on auld McCL!

I honestly don't think Fleck would have been sent on loan if Ally knew he would not get anyone in. I wonder if there is a recall included in his loan move?

Like yourself I have no idea what we have in the reserves...I know Hemmings and Little are still about but have not seen much from either to get an opinion if they can be good enough...

Ok, so Healy didn't really hit the ground running, but he's kept his head down and gone about things in a professional manner, waiting for his chance. He's now getting that chance and is scoring goals. Despite this, some people just aren't having him, which I don't get as Sebo was loved by many despite being truely woeful.

I really hope he makes it to 15+ this season. I think hes better what i expected, good link up play, and if he gets the desired support from the midfield, and with Mervan on board i think we still got a chance to win this 4IAR. Too much negative stuff is looming around, but when the hardest days come, we never give up. WATP

Healy has only ever done anything at international level and even that hasn't happened for a while now, comparing him to Boyd at all is lauaghable, never mind saying they're the same.

No Comparison at all ? I wonder how Boyd will be doing when he's 32.

Healy has played his entire playing career at a much higher level than Boyd ever did, and he's done more at International than Boyd has ever done, the only reason he hasn't done anything for a while is purely because he ageing.

What's Boyd's excuse ? "A fell oot wae the manager because he wisnae plaing me"

No Comparison at all ? I wonder how Boyd will be doing when he's 32.

Healy has played his entire playing career at a much higher level than Boyd ever did, and he's done more at International than Boyd has ever done, the only reason he hasn't done anything for a while is purely because he ageing.

What's Boyd's excuse ? "A fell oot wae the manager because he wisnae plaing me"

Wouldn't blame anyone for retiring under a manager like George Burley.

I'd much rather have Boyd's club record than Healy's international, club football is what is important. I'd say the fact he isn't doing it even at international level now is more due to them being unable to ignore his terrible time at club level anymore, Robbie Keane is ageing and still doing well for Ireland. If Healy didn't have his good spell with NI he'd pretty much have always been a no-mark because he's never set the world alight at a club, only got near the Premiership because Lawrie Sanchez decided to sign half the NI team for Fulham.

End of the day Jela it's a pointless discussion and we've had similar ones before, you have a huge dislike of Boyd while I was always a fan, Boyd isn't coming back and Healy is here so no use in us comparing the two. I have little faith in Healy as a player or a goalscorer, but if he ends up with a scoring record with us like Boyd's then i'll be delighted to eat my words.

What I like best about Healy starting up front is that it forces the team to reduce the amount of direct, 'route one' football and bring more of the creative midfield into the game. Done well, it could give the side the creative burst to score more goals and be more generally positive, rather than simply relying on Jelavic to pull us through matches. Reminds me of when Arsenal lost Thierry Henry, which forced the club to get more out of all of their attacking players.

That said, this is the SPL and with the possible exception of that lot at Parkhead, we still have a far better quality of player than anyone else in the league. Healy should be able to get at least 10 if played consistently AND we play to his strengths. If we don't play like that, we have to hope Lafferty gets back ASAP.

Keep scoring goals and there's no problem.

That's what I fear for David!

People always go on about how he offers nothing and is pretty poor even when he scores. If we go on a run of draws and he does not score he will get tore to shreds on here and other places...which is not fair really as he was only brought here as back up.

Hopefully guys like Mervan, Davis and Aluko can help chip in.

Keep scoring goals and there's no problem.

Exactly.

:Healy: :Healy: :Healy:

EDIT: IN fact, we should be concerned more about our midfield than up-front. Our striking options have (unfortunately) been limited for us. It's Healy or bust until Lafferty is fit again. In midfield, however, we need to get the balance right. No more long ball shite. We need to start using the width of the pitch too.

That's what I fear for David!

People always go on about how he offers nothing and is pretty poor even when he scores. If we go on a run of draws and he does not score he will get tore to shreds on here and other places...which is not fair really as he was only brought here as back up.

Hopefully guys like Mervan, Davis and Aluko can help chip in.

Why do we as posters need to see the worst case scenario possible, highlight them and discuss them at length, you my friend are worrying about things that re not even happening or may never happen.

Why do we as posters need to see the worst case scenario possible, highlight them and discuss them at length, you my friend are worrying about things that re not even happening or may never happen.

I see it happening every time we have a game and he starts upfront. I don't agree with it but I reckon it will continue to happen...

I'm sorry you take offense to it but I am just being honest. Trust me I want nothing more than Healy to fire us to the title.

David Healy is not going to fire us to a title like Boyd did, get a fucking grip.

To be fair, I doubt anyone thinks that realistically. Even Healy.

The way I see it though is we can all turn up and get behind him or we can all turn up and moan like fuck that he's our only option.

I'm pretty sure, at 32, he doesn't think he's going to turn into an overnight goal machine. I feel for him with the pressure he's going to be under now. None of which is his fault.

I see it happening every time we have a game and he starts upfront. I don't agree with it but I reckon it will continue to happen...

I'm sorry you take offense to it but I am just being honest. Trust me I want nothing more than Healy to fire us to the title.

Naw read the post below it :)

Soz once again iv replied wrong post, a well

I done that to you when it was only my 10th post or something, worst thing was I was replying to a timposter. :lol: wasn't very nice words.

It's annoying. I'm certain there is something wrong with the quote button and timing.

David Healy is not going to fire us to a title like Boyd did, get a fucking grip.

Why don't you just concentrate on making an impact at Everton?

Like it or not, he's currently our only fit forward. He's scored, what, 3 goals in 6 games after basically not playing regularly at club level for years? Sure, he's not set the world on fire but we've actually played quite well when he's been playing and Jelavic happens. Hopefully he can build on that in the next few games.

Why don't you just concentrate on making an impact at Everton?

Like it or not, he's currently our only fit forward. He's scored, what, 3 goals in 6 games after basically not playing regularly at club level for years? Sure, he's not set the world on fire but we've actually played quite well when he's been playing and Jelavic happens. Hopefully he can build on that in the next few games.

sooooo in the words of Delia smith, who are ya?

You commented I gave you a hard time previous now u are on yer new allias, swsl, mclachlan? Why the secret

Ha!

I was wondering too! I knew I wasn't being the most positive in the world but at the same time I was no doomsday poster.

:craphead:

Iv done it a bit lately, I post on th wrong threads that I'm meant to, good job there are understanding people or I would no longer be most desirable poster.