Not another McKay thread

Marky_RFC

Not sure what to make of Craig moores opinion on why McKay hasn't made an impact at the gers in the evening times today...

He says mckays not the type of player ally thought he'd be and Im maybe wrong but Ortiz and bedoya seem to fit into that category aswell. I'm not saying its ally's fault, more our scouts but it's certainly far from ideal either way.

From the outside looking in it seems ally has been looking for wide midfielders/wingers and none of them really fit that bill. Now for those so quick to judge us for bringing in trialists I for one would rather, we knew exactly what we were getting, especially now that money is so tight and we can't afford to make mistakes and have players picking up wages for nothing.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what to make of Craig moores opinion on why McKay hasn't made an impact at the gers in the evening times today...

He says mckays not the type of player ally thought he'd be and Im maybe wrong but Ortiz and bedoya seem to fit into that category aswell. I'm not saying its ally's fault, more our scouts but it's certainly far from ideal either way.

From the outside looking in it seems ally has been looking for wide midfielders/wingers and none of them really fit that bill. Now for those so quick to judge us for bringing in trialists I for one would rather, we knew exactly what we were getting, especially now that money is so tight and we can't afford to make mistakes and have players picking up wages for nothing.

If ally hadnt wasted money on mckay, ortiz and bedoya then maybe we would have had a signing this window and wouldnt need all these trialists. Thats a good million with little to no impact. These guys didnt have much of a chance but hey, we dont see them in training every day.

Maybe if we had proper scouts, instead of just giving jobs to the boys.

Noticed today Richard Gough has been appointed North American scout.

Seems if you played any part in 9-in-a-row you can get a job with Rangers :dry:

Be better giving some guys a laptop and a copy of the latest FM game to 'scout' players.

Has Gough had any experience in scouting before this appointment?

I met Matt McKay today at the players lounge, I spoke to him briefly, and pointed out we were playing Aluko up front with Healy, boy seemed a bit gutted not to be playing, and desparate for a game.

Seen him twice and twice looked the berries, The two left back things has worked in some games, but no more, get this man in for next match, surely thier must have been a fall out, for him not to be included in that squad today, but I say, get the heads banged together and give this lad a chance.

By the way his fkn red headphones looked dearer than my suit, boots, tie, jacket and union jack socks and i thought i was looking pretty damn stunning the day too !!

If ally hadnt wasted money on mckay, ortiz and bedoya then maybe we would have had a signing this window and wouldnt need all these trialists. Thats a good million with little to no impact. These guys didnt have much of a chance but hey, we dont see them in training every day.

If Ally hadn't signed Bocanegra, Goian, Aluko and Wallace we'd be much worse off.

It's all ifs and buts.

The simple fact is Ally holds a grudge against him for some reason. Unless Mckay has shagged his wife then I would say he's putting his personal feelings before the good of the club. Mckays a creative left sided player, why not play him ? If he really is shite we would find out soon enough. Don't know about anyone else but I thought he looked quite sharp on his debut

The simple fact is Ally holds a grudge against him for some reason. Unless Mckay has shagged his wife then I would say he's putting his personal feelings before the good of the club. Mckays a creative left sided player, why not play him ? If he really is shite we would find out soon enough. Don't know about anyone else but I thought he looked quite sharp on his debut

this would not be the first time he has done that

Maybe Ally wants to check out these quality finds the scouting system have put in front of him.

Who can blame him.

Tbf i don't think every player we have bought has been entirely dictated by Ally. Look at Ortiz .. no one can tell me Ally had firm knowledge of the player before he was signed..

So we get Mervan?

Maybe he picked the wrong one and let the good player the 'pit bull' go to Hibs with his recommendation no less!

Just don't get it!

Not sure what to make of Craig moores opinion on why McKay...He says mckays not the type of player ally thought he'd be and Im maybe wrong but Ortiz and bedoya seem to fit into that category aswell. From the outside looking in it seems ally has been looking for wide midfielders/wingers and none of them really fit that bill.

I could have told you that none of them were wingers last summer. Ortiz spent most of his time last season at RB, he's not a winger. McKay made a name for himself playing at CM for Brisbane Roar and part of a midfield three for Australia, he's not a winger. Bedoya's behind Edu in the pecking order to get a game with the USA so he's no improvment on what we already have.

Is this really the best our scouts can do? We're struggling for strikers now, we'll probably be playing 4-5-1 from now until the end of the season, so let's bring in McKay who's custom made for such a formation rather than shoehorn Papac in to a position he isn't use to.

:McGregor:

:Whittaker: :Goian::Bocanegra: :Papac:

:Aluko: :Davis: :Edu: :McKay: :mervan:

:Lafferty:

from what I was told (possible rumour mill stuff) McKay is out of selection because he criticised Rangers training regime, saying in Australia they worked on technique, drills and tactical knowledge and whilst he's been in Scotland all they do is run around then play short games. McCoist obviously hasn't taken to that very well, but hey, I can quite believe that.

Does anyone else think that perhaps McKay and Bedoya were board signings in an effort to increase their proflie in their respective "emerging" footballing nations?

Thinking about it, Whyte and Russell have continually said they are looking to globalise the brand.

Perhaps they have suggested that these two COULD do a job and help promote Rangers in USA and AUS, but when Ally got them in, he just hasn't been happy with what he has seen.

I find it odd that Mckay was signed AFTER we had tried to lure Mile Jedinak (another Socceroo) - perhaps just co-incidence? And Bedoya brought in on the back of signing Boca?

We also need to look no further than the two indian trialists - conveniently brought in when Rangers are trying to lucrative link ups in India, and launching their Hindu commentary of Rangers home games....

Does anyone else think that perhaps McKay and Bedoya were board signings in an effort to increase their proflie in their respective "emerging" footballing nations?

I do, otherwise Ally would have gave them a trial and sent them home. Forgetting about globalisation he had to do it to make it look like he was buying players as per promise. I wonder how much that undisclosed fee was for Bedoya was, and we only spent 300k on McKay. It's either that or Whyte asked the scouts to give him the best targets they have that would cost a pittance.

Or the Scouting network is just pure shite.