AJ requests that Insolvency Service investigates takeover

AMMS

I think the plan is to make them believe it. Some people certainly seem to, the number of which is quite worrying

I would think... many pages!

You are the one who has already picked your horse, for your own reasons, but to deride others for having a healthy level of mistrust and scepticism towards someone who has been in the door two minutes, really is pathetic. Having a point of view is allowed on here.

You are the one who has already picked your horse, for your own reasons, but to deride others for having a healthy level of mistrust and scepticism towards someone who has been in the door two minutes, really is pathetic. Having a point of view is allowed on here.

I take it that means a point of view, that, isnt mine?

In seriousness, I know where I lean towards believing, and, its based on 2 things. the first, interaction. I have dealt with people from both "regimes", and, you can get a good sense of the person from you know, meeting and speaking to them.

The second, track record. Fair play, most dont know much about Whytes track record, but, we have ALL seen what Murray and his board have done to our club, have we not? They have made a complete mess of it. For me, that means, on one side, someone we dont know about, the other side, a "team" with a proven track record of poor management with us, so, to blindly back what we know has failed, is sheer stupidity to me.

So, for me, its not the scepticism, thats absolutely fine, I also have a degree of that. Its the apparent hatred (with no real reason as far as I can tell), coupled with seemingly absolving those who got us into the mess of all blame, which is the exact point I was replying to there.

We are at the stage where some seem to believe that Whyte created the current mess, and, all was rosey in the garden prior to him coming in, much like, some STILL think Murray brought Souness to the club.

Can't he go and die underneath the rock he came out from? What an utter cretin this man is showing himself to be. He should do all of us and himself a favour and move on with his life instead of being as spiteful as he is. Embarrassing himself doesn't quite cover it.

He's been on the dance floor and looked him in the eyes so that's enough for me......

I take it that means a point of view, that, isnt mine?

In seriousness, I know where I lean towards believing, and, its based on 2 things. the first, interaction. I have dealt with people from both "regimes", and, you can get a good sense of the person from you know, meeting and speaking to them.

The second, track record. Fair play, most dont know much about Whytes track record, but, we have ALL seen what Murray and his board have done to our club, have we not? They have made a complete mess of it. For me, that means, on one side, someone we dont know about, the other side, a "team" with a proven track record of poor management with us, so, to blindly back what we know has failed, is sheer stupidity to me.

So, for me, its not the scepticism, thats absolutely fine, I also have a degree of that. Its the apparent hatred (with no real reason as far as I can tell), coupled with seemingly absolving those who got us into the mess of all blame, which is the exact point I was replying to there.

We are at the stage where some seem to believe that Whyte created the current mess, and, all was rosey in the garden prior to him coming in, much like, some STILL think Murray brought Souness to the club.

Interaction - By your own admission, you haven't even met Whyte. <cr>

Track record - Seriously? :lol:

Show me the posts which blame Whyte for the inherited mess, absolve Murray of all blame. The only hatred that I can see is coming from those who are hell-bent on turning everything into a Murray v Whyte contest. The time for recriminations are in the past and maybe in the future.

The present should be about ascertaining whether Whyte is the right man to take us forward.

It all reeks form top to bottom. You know you get that gut instinct - you know if someone is good or bad you can just feel it.

I cant feel it, i dont have a clue who is a goody and who is a baddy anymore.

But i can tell yeah something in years tae come these people who seek to harm our club because of their own agenda will get their dues :sherlock:

Oh don't be so shy!!!

A couple of things - I don't think I gave you permission to post PMs, so you've got a cheek ( © Craig Whyte ) posting that. Posting PMs from Admin is an easy way to get banned from a site, just for future reference.

Having said that, I'll let it stand. The reason nobody had at that point put their hand up to the banning was because I was trying to respond promptly, and the person concerned hadn't been online. Bear in mind that was PMd at 7:55am. When the person came online, I then PMd you (10:49am) with the PM I posted earlier.

Your assertions from earlier in the thread are still all incorrect, and you still lied about not receiving an apology.

The present should be about ascertaining whether Whyte is the right man to take us forward.

He was the only one who stepped forward to try and sort out our club.

There was no one else who would go near us and looking at since CW took over you can understand that.

Interaction - By your own admission, you haven't even met Whyte. <cr>

Track record - Seriously? :lol:

Show me the posts which blame Whyte for the inherited mess, absolve Murray of all blame. The only hatred that I can see is coming from those who are hell-bent on turning everything into a Murray v Whyte contest. The time for recriminations are in the past and maybe in the future.

you can <cr> if you like, I said interact. plus, I might know a man who has :lol:

Yes, seriously. Or do you think we have been run like a perfectly oiled machine for the last 20 years? We are in a mess, that mess was created by the former management team, and, at the risk of being an interneter, that is a fact. THEY arranged the EBTs, THEY ran up the debts (twice), THEY dealt with some awful awful transfers, and, imho, sponsorship and merch "deals". That pretty much gives me a basis to form an opinion on them, which is based almost entirely in fact.

No, I am sure they are blatantly obvious, and, I cant be bothered trolling for them.

I will respectfully disagree, it is most certainly not the time to be deciding that, what we should be doing now, is doing our utmost to ensure...

1 - we win the bloody league

2 - we get through the other side of this tax issue

The fact that "AJ" and friends are trying to derail what is happening, is simply not on. How does that help "Rangers"? These people who got us in this mess, trying to add further distractions? Dont you want the club, and the owner, to have the ability to fully focus on trying to resolve the rather vital aspect which is the survival of the club, in the best possible way?

If you dont, fine, I thought you would

The time for determining whether he is the right guy or not, is afterwards. In case anyone missed it, NOBODY else wanted to do this, not Murray (either of them), AJ, King, Park or whoever the hell else you want to throw into the mix. And, the "fans" are being fed shite, and, at the same time, desperate to see these accounts that the majority wont have a bloody clue as to what they actually say! The only, and I mean, ONLY relevant discussion about accounts, is that they are completed, and, sent to the SPL/SFA prior to March 31st, thats it! Everything else can wait

Sir David Murray sold the Glasgow club to the businessman for a nominal £1 last May with Rangers owing Lloyds Banking Group £18m at the time.

He is asking questions over financial arrangements put in place since the takeover. Mr Whyte recently confirmed a deal he struck at Ibrox with London firm Ticketus, which has seen future season ticket sales used to secure a loan of around £20m to help run the club.

The Murray Group also said in a statement that it did not owe any debt to Ticketus when the takeover took place. Mr Whyte has claimed the ticket scheme had previous been used during Sir David’s 22-year reign at Ibrox.

This is despite Mr Whyte being quoted in a recent Sunday newspaper interview as saying "several million" had to be repaid "from an old ticket arrangement from the previous board" when he bought Rangers.

A spokesman for Murray Group said: "Following recent press allegations we have also sought clarification of the financing and security arrangements which the purchaser appears to have put in place.

"We can confirm that, at the time of the takeover, there was no debt owed by the club to Ticketus."

On Thursday, former Rangers chairman Alastair Johnston told the BBC he requested the government’s Insolvency Service to investigate "certain financial arrangements" surrounding Mr Whyte’s takeover of the club.

He told BBC Sport: "I have had numerous approaches following the recent revelations in the press about the acquisition of Rangers Football Club and the use of future season ticket money.

"I believe this is a prevalent view amongst Rangers' stakeholders who are now demanding full transparency about the funding of the acquisition of the club, its current financial status, and most importantly, the way forward.

"Therefore, in my capacity as the chairman of the club during the period when it has been alleged that certain financial arrangements of concern were executed by the buyer, I have formally requested that the Intelligence & Enforcement Directorate investigate and clarify this matter once and for all which is surely in the interests of all concerned."

The Insolvency Service said it could not confirm or deny whether it had received a request from Mr Johnston and if an investigation into the takeover is being carried out.

A spokeswoman for the service said: "The Insolvency Service cannot confirm or deny details of any cases it may be investigating as this is confidential information.

"The Insolvency Service has discretionary powers under the Companies Act to investigate live companies where it appears that there has been misconduct in relation to the companies' affairs."

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/297033-former-rangerts-chairman-calls-for-investigation-into-craig-whytes-takeover/

STV take on things.

you can <cr> if you like, I said interact. plus, I might know a man who has :lol:

Yes, seriously. Or do you think we have been run like a perfectly oiled machine for the last 20 years? We are in a mess, that mess was created by the former management team, and, at the risk of being an interneter, that is a fact. THEY arranged the EBTs, THEY ran up the debts (twice), THEY dealt with some awful awful transfers, and, imho, sponsorship and merch "deals". That pretty much gives me a basis to form an opinion on them, which is based almost entirely in fact.

No, I am sure they are blatantly obvious, and, I cant be bothered trolling for them.

I will respectfully disagree, it is most certainly not the time to be deciding that, what we should be doing now, is doing our utmost to ensure...

1 - we win the bloody league

2 - we get through the other side of this tax issue

The fact that "AJ" and friends are trying to derail what is happening, is simply not on. How does that help "Rangers"? These people who got us in this mess, trying to add further distractions? Dont you want the club, and the owner, to have the ability to fully focus on trying to resolve the rather vital aspect which is the survival of the club, in the best possible way?

If you dont, fine, I thought you would

The time for determining whether he is the right guy or not, is afterwards. In case anyone missed it, NOBODY else wanted to do this, not Murray (either of them), AJ, King, Park or whoever the hell else you want to throw into the mix. And, the "fans" are being fed shite, and, at the same time, desperate to see these accounts that the majority wont have a bloody clue as to what they actually say! The only, and I mean, ONLY relevant discussion about accounts, is that they are completed, and, sent to the SPL/SFA prior to March 31st, thats it! Everything else can wait

Once again you attempt to pigeonhole someone with doubts about Whyte as being pro-Murray/AJ....despite me explaining that not to be true on numerous occasions.

Once again you attempt to pigeonhole someone with doubts about Whyte as being pro-Murray/AJ....despite me explaining that not to be true on numerous occasions.

Your not aloud to be unsure of one and think the other was a dud. Or to think 'the baton was passed on perfectly'.

It's either one is the saviour and the other is an idiot for some reason.