AJ requests that Insolvency Service investigates takeover

AMMS

I think clarity is needed about what went on. It would not be the first time someone has entered a business venture and found that there were things they had not accounted for. I am a Craig Whyte sceptic, I have always stated that, but, so far, I think some things he is doing are credible to suppose he is acting in a way that benefits Rangers.

He handled things very badly, didn't make signings that would have been within budget that helped cost us Europe and his public pronouncements were a joke.

It was his rookie transfer window so allowances made but did he learn from it? Pretend bid for grant Holt tells me not...

So what are you seeing ?

We discussed this before once. I think he is examining revenue sources that Rangers have all to many times neglected. I am constantly bombarded with emails selling Rangers products and the like: this is different from previous seasons. I believe that Rangers is more active in it's brand. I think the Rangers narrative, from a business and social point of view, is being worked on in a more positive way. There are many things where I think things at Rangers are happening for the better. That is only my opinion, hindsight might say I was misguided, but this is what I believe I see.

This, although one has to ask why it wasn't done prior to the takeover going through.

Sir David was desperate to sell and i would imagine was only interested that he could meet the terms of the sale.

Remember near the closing of the bid the old board had private detectives investigating him......now i wonder where mark daly got his leads.....

We discussed this before once. I think he is examining revenue sources that Rangers have all to many times neglected. I am constantly bombarded with emails selling Rangers products and the like: this is different from previous seasons. I believe that Rangers is more active in it's brand. I think the Rangers narrative, from a business and social point of view, is being worked on in a more positive way. There are many things where I think things at Rangers are happening for the better. That is only my opinion; hindsight might say I was misguided, but this is what I believe I see.

Fair enough.

I think in the places that matter we have gone backwards. time will tell on this one.

I know its not aimed at me BP, but like you, I can no longer see how he his trying to lead us into Insolvency, though as you know, i had a suspicion of that back in the summer. I just cant see how he can make a single bean from us now. (tu)

The only outcomes that are good for Whyte are also good for Rangers. I keep harping on about it, when people say he is here to asset strip us, or lead us into insolvency/administration, the obvious question is "what good does that do him?" I've yet to hear a decent answer to that question.

Fair enough.

I think in the places that matter we have gone backwards. time will tell on this one.

These are not minor points I raised; the way the old custodians treated these areas was startling. Rangers have been acting like Liverpool in reverse; they missed the ship completely back in the early 90s; we were captain of the ship and got off it. To neglect Rangers in the way it has been done in the last decade has been complete madness in my opinion.

Sir David was desperate to sell and i would imagine was only interested that he could meet the terms of the sale.

Remember near the closing of the bid the old board had private detectives investigating him......now i wonder where mark daly got his leads.....

I agree that Murray and LLoyds wouldn't have been interested in making too many waves, but the lack of any business background should have seen the media digging around. I've little doubt as to where Daly got his information from, it just remains to be seen what prompted it in the first place. I find it all very intriguing, but at the same time, it is sickening the way we are being shown up.

The only outcomes that are good for Whyte are also good for Rangers. I keep harping on about it, when people say he is here to asset strip us, or lead us into insolvency/administration, the obvious question is "what good does that do him?" I've yet to hear a decent answer to that question.

I actually agree with this but i am open to the possibility that he is up to something.

My concerns are more based round his suitability as an owner and his ability to actually fund our club. Self sufficency is our goal, of course, but we are a football club and that is nigh on impossible to achieve and be succesful.

I don't think he has the cash to support Rangers or raise the credit required to in an economical way and if that is true he shouldn't have bought our club.

I agree that Murray and LLoyds wouldn't have been interested in making too many waves, but the lack of any business background should have seen the media digging around. I've little doubt as to where Daly got his information from, it just remains to be seen what prompted it in the first place. I find it all very intriguing, but at the same time, it is sickening the way we are being shown up.

The media upset the new chairman of the club that generates the most newspaper sales in scotland...not going to happen.

It is sickening, everyone knows my feelings on the our club being dragged through the gutter but if this is what needs to happen to sort this stuff out then bring it on

I actually agree with this but i am open to the possibility that he is up to something.

My concerns are more based round his suitability as an owner and his ability to actually fund our club. Self sufficency is our goal, of course, but we are a football club and that is nigh on impossible to achieve and be succesful.

I don't think he has the cash to support Rangers or raise the credit required to in an economical way and if that is true he shouldn't have bought our club.

In a nutshell for me as well (tu)

All to right in that statement. Rangers is not the main concern of many in this; and that to me is not good.

A lot of folk seem to be constantly focusing on negatives and rumours about Whyte or indeed Rangers. There are some I've yet to see a positive post from.

If say, Whyte was ousted tomorrow and AJ & co were back in charge, would they just switch to greeting about them.

I have a feeling if we were bought over by Saudi's, the tax bills and all other debt cleared, Messi signed and a new 100,000 capacity Ibrox built, they'd still be finding things to greet about.

I dunno why as we've got tims for that.

We are potentially facing a massive tax bill, which will need to be negotiated. How are we going to do that with full disclosure ?

There is a massive campaign on at the moment to shine a light on how much cash Rangers have and where it is.

Clearly it's designed to try and scupper Whyte's room to move.

AJ and co are trying to ride on the wave of this. Those bastards had their shot and were happy to let Rangers sink. Now it looks like Whyte is finding a way through, they want back on board.

They can GTF.

These are not minor points I raised; the way the old custodians treated these areas was startling. Rangers have been acting like Liverpool in reverse; they missed the ship completely back in the early 90s; we were captain of the ship and got off it. To neglect Rangers in the way it has been done in the last decade has been complete madness in my opinion.

Hmmm....could you expand on that a bit ? if we have had this conversation before don't bother :craphead:

I can't see how remonstrating about that is helpful at all, to be honest. He has bought the club. You, me or anyone else telling him he shouldn't have gets us nowhere.

Maybe we have to accept the days of an owner bankrolling a pipe dream of European success are gone? It would take more money than David Murray ever spent/borrowed for us to be truly successful in Europe (by that I mean CL success), that's just the way it is now. I believe we can be self-sufficient and still dominate Scottish football, allowing us access to (qualifiers for) Champions League, or Europa. Income from this would help our self-sufficiency. That has to be our aim now, with entry into the Champions League proper a target every season. Anything more than that is an unexpected bonus, imo.

The media upset the new chairman of the club that generates the most newspaper sales in scotland...not going to happen.

It is sickening, everyone knows my feelings on the our club being dragged through the gutter but if this is what needs to happen to sort this stuff out then bring it on

On so many levels that disturbs me.

A lot of folk seem to be constantly focusing on negatives and rumours about Whyte or indeed Rangers. There are some I've yet to see a positive post from.

If say, Whyte was ousted tomorrow and AJ & co were back in charge, would they just switch to greeting about them.

I have a feeling if we were bought over by Saudi's, the tax bills and all other debt cleared, Messi signed and a new 100,000 capacity Ibrox built, they'd still be finding things to greet about.

I dunno why as we've got tims for that.

We are potentially facing a massive tax bill, which will need to be negotiated. How are we going to do that with full disclosure ?

There is a massive campaign on at the moment to shine a light on how much cash Rangers have and where it is.

Clearly it's designed to try and scupper Whyte's room to move.

AJ and co are trying to ride on the wave of this. Those bastards had their shot and were happy to let Rangers sink. Now it looks like Whyte is finding a way through, they want back on board.

They can GTF.

Hmmm

That was my initial thought as well Guardian. However I was reading (elsewhere) last night that during the AJ reign the board actually managed to reduce our overall debt whilst maintaining succcess on the park.

Can anyone confirm this ?

That's simply a lie, it was me who reinstated you after you were banned in error and I apologised personally and on behalf of RM.

Is there anything else you're lying about or making up?

Lol - well done that Admin. :praise:

So now we've established beyond doubt that forlanssister has lied on this thread we can leave it up to posters to decide which of his other posts are believable.