AJ requests that Insolvency Service investigates takeover

AMMS

Lloyds have been paid. I'm pretty sure of that. I believe 100% the money came from a Craig whyte company but I fear and would question if that money has been replenished by the ticketus money. (tu)

Why doesn't that surprise me? :lol:

Let's say he's taken out an £18m loan from wonga.com, then paid it back with the £24m from Ticketus. He's underwritten the Ticketus loan, so he has to pay it back if we go under. cui bono?

What money is he using for the day-to-day running of the club? What money will he continue to use if we don't go insolvent?

We might not have had a future otherwise though.

Desperate times call for desperate measures and all that.

I really do mind the way in which the news that which Rangers need working capital seems to be handled rather glibly. Our Chairman uses a touch of intelligence: he attains a certain liability to create a degree of much needed liquidity and there is uproar and innuendo. It's a crazy situation that it made the news the way it did; and did not warrant the headlines it got; which has to make you wonder: why?

I'm frankly amazed to find the first post responding to a question about Murray's honesty was from you. Really. :)

The issue here is Sir Davids, or AJ's, honesty on this matter can be traced back over our accounts....ticketus never appear...unless you are claiming we filed incorrect accounts....

It has been reported that lawyers, on behalf of Ticketus, deposited £24.4m into a client account of Collyer Bristow, Mr Whyte’s lawyer for the bid. It is understood that this account was crucial in persuading Sir David that Mr Whyte had the funds necessary to buy Rangers.

If this can be substantiated the fans have financed CW takeover of Rangers

It has been reported that lawyers, on behalf of Ticketus, deposited £24.4m into a client account of Collyer Bristow, Mr Whyte’s lawyer for the bid. It is understood that this account was crucial in persuading Sir David that Mr Whyte had the funds necessary to buy Rangers.

It's a big if but IF this is proven this guy should be chased out town....

I hope Whyte to prove them all wrong on this one, but he surely must do it soon.

where is this quote from?

The issue here is Sir Davids, or AJ's, honesty on this matter can be traced back over our accounts....ticketus never appear...unless you are claiming we filed incorrect accounts....

I'm not claiming anything, I don't remember seeing Ticketus in the accounts but I don't scrutinise them, to be honest. I'm surprised, if we haven't used Ticketus in the past, that I've not seen anyone mention it until now. Whyte made the claim several days ago.

All incorrect.

I wouldn't normally post PMs, but I see no harm and you've given permission, so:

Oh don't be so shy!!!

Hi XXXXX,

I did reinstate you, as far as I can see someone banned you due to reports about your post without checking if those reports were accurate. Unfortunately we get a lot of reports, anyone negative is instantly branded a tim. Normally, I wouldn't expect people to be banned because of such reports, I'm not sure what happened this time as nobody has owned up to banning you.

Hopefully life starts giving you a bit of a better lesson and you start having a more 'glass-half-full' outlook, but that's your call. You shouldn't have any more problems on here anyway.

Cheers,

XXXXX

I hear the judge in the Tixway case will not shine a favourable light on the charlatan when he delivers his verdict (perhaps as early as this afternoon)!!!

I'm not claiming anything, I don't remember seeing Ticketus in the accounts but I don't scrutinise them, to be honest. I'm surprised, if we haven't used Ticketus in the past, that I've not seen anyone mention it until now. Whyte made the claim several days ago.

You wouldn't see it in the accounts though, was always short time borrowing, borrowed and paid back in same accounting period, i.e borrowed middle of January repaid May no need for it to show in June results.

Rangers owner faces more questions on takeover deal Whyte comes out fighting in war of words over club cash

FORMER Rangers chairman Alastair Johnston has asked a Government watchdog to probe Craig Whyte’s takeover of the club.

Mr Johnston last night made a formal request for the Intelligence & Enforcement Directorate of the Insolvency Service to hold an investigation, and alleged that “certain financial arrangements of concern were executed by the buyer”.

The move follows allegations that Mr Whyte raised millions of pounds of funding against the sale of future Rangers season tickets in a deal with the Ticketus offshoot of private equity house Octopus.

It is understood that former owner Sir David Murray’s Murray Group has also now sought clarification from Mr Whyte’s team about the funding of the takeover of Rangers.

A spokesman for Rangers chairman Mr Whyte last night said he had “nothing to fear from any investigation”.

The chairman and the board have nothing to fear from any investigation

Mr Johnston said: “I have had numerous approaches following the recent revelations in the press about the acquisition of Rangers Football Club and the use of future season ticket money.

“I am not in a position to answer all the questions put to me, but I do recognise the issue is causing much concern.

“I believe this is a prevalent view amongst Rangers stakeholders who are now demanding full transparency about the funding of the acquisition of the club, its current financial status, and most importantly, the way forward.”

He added: “In order to allow all of the options potentially available to stabilise the club (to) be explored, there must be total disclosure.”

Mr Whyte has denied using supporters’ money to fund his acquisition of 85% of the club, which included payment of £1 for the shares controlled by Sir David and the assumption of about £18million of debt which had been owed previously to Lloyds Banking Group.

The spokesman for Mr Whyte said: “The chairman and the current board of Rangers Football Club have nothing to fear from any investigation by any agency.

“The chairman also re-affirms that, post-takeover, the club continued to face financial obligations, including payment to the Ticketus agency.”

No-one from the Insolvency Service was available for comment last night, following Mr Johnston’s statement.

A spokesman for Murray Group said: “We have also sought clarification of the financing and security arrangements which the purchaser appears to have put in place.”

He added: “We can confirm that, at the time of the takeover, there was no debt owed by the club to Ticketus.”

HM Revenue & Customs declined to comment on whether or not it was investigating Mr Whyte’s acquisition of Rangers.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/rangers-owner-faces-more-questions-on-takeover-deal-whyte-comes-out-fighting-in-war-of-words-over-club-cash-1.1147385

I just find it strange that the Murray Group are back in the mix, seeking clarification. Surely they would already have clarification with all the background checks carried out before we sold the club to Craig Whyte.

Ticketus have never been mentioned in the Accounts so far as I can recall. Myself, Bluedell and perhaps others had often wondered whether our £15m working capital facility was enough - it didn't appear to be, and now we know that it wasn't. When this was exhausted, money would be raised from Ticketus. Whether this was in the form of a loan or sales of tickets is not publicly known. If it was the former, chances are it was paid back each year on receipt of season ticket money in May/June so wasn't outstanding at the accounts date. If it was the latter, then it wasn't a loan in any event and would be included in deferred income (alongside season ticket money, in creditors).

I just find it strange that the Murray Group are back in the mix, seeking clarification. Surely they would already have clarification with all the background checks carried out before we sold the club to Craig Whyte.

I would find it incredible that Rangers exchange hands based on something as tenuous as that quoted in the Evening Times.