HMRC

dan_ger

It's not hrmc's fault, it's murray and bains ALL THE WAY. HRMC's hand may have been forced even further by pricks like bain and AJ and tims using the press to publically force them into taking this all the way, and no doubt murray was pulling their strings due to being contractualy banned from speaking about the takeover with the press.

Murray broke the law and we are paying for it now. £72 million in debt only years ago due to his fucking ego getting the better of him. He definitely new what they were doing, it was the only way to keep running due to debt. Any savings, crooked or not were attempted. Call himself a businessman, and they've got a cheek to slag our chairman.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HMRC to an extent are just doing their job, but we have heard of deals where billions of pounds of tax has been written off in cosy settlements, yet they won't entertain the notion in our case.

Also the way they applied penalties to the small tax bill was petty and vindictive, especially when they wouldn't have known about it had it not been for the club and Whyte telling them.

"Whilst it appears that a consensual restructuring looks unlikely outside of a formal insolvency procedure, the above steps, if agreement cannot be reached with HMRC, will bring an end to the legacy threat of closure and will provide stability required to enable the required investment to be made into the future of the club.

anyone know what this means????

Well it's actually the crown prosecution services who decide when to prosecute, not HMRC, they just present them with the evidence and the CPS make a decision.

So in effect it's out justice system/goverment

If he is referring to administration then he is saying that be entering the process HMRC would not be able to pursue it's case any longer. I think anyway! wacko.gif

I hope so! I don't think they cunts will just lie down, I seriously think they will squeeze every penny out of us

Fuckin HMRC bastards

HMRC are a disgrace.

They lost a case liek this already concerning EBT's against BP.

It's estimated that Harry Redknapp & Milan Mandaric combined have pad over £120m in tax to the HMRC. Yet the braught them to court over an unpaid 10k bill shipped offshore. The trial ive heard cost anything between 1m to 8m.

And when they lsot they made a simple statement "our messag is simple, anyone who has moved money offshore, come speak to us, before we come speak to you".

Many other businesses & football clubs are also keeping an eye on our situation, as they are also in threat of a huge tax bill from HMRC.

Personally i think they picked us because they reckon they gain huge publicity & hopefully make a packet from those who are scared who may be more forthcoming to pay up.

I hope so! I don't think they cunts will just lie down, I seriously think they will squeeze every penny out of us

Fuckin HMRC bastards

After watching the CW interview on RTV I reckon he is calling them out. If they are not a preferred creditor, which I don't think they are, then they won't be entitled to much at all. He seems quite confident and has actually said in the interview that it is the only way to handle the tax bill!

"When a football club starts a formal insolvency procedure (usually administration), its membership of or share in the league is suspended.The suspension is not lifted (and the club remains ineligible to participate in league football) until certain "football creditors", for example other clubs (transfer fees), players (salaries) and managers are paid in full. The remaining money is then divided between the unsecured creditors including HMRC who lost preferential creditor status when the 2002 Enterprise Act became law."

From this website - http://www.accountin...r-review/500213

Could HMRC have Claimed future income i.e season ticket money??

Is that why whyte has took the cash just now and made it safe??

I'm not sure how that would work. If we agreed to pay then it would be a sustainable percentage of our future earnings, including season tickets but I don't see how taking that cash now and then going into admin would stack up!

If the planned Referendum on Independence goes ahead in 2014 and Scotland does indeed become Independent, then would HMRC still operate in Scotland or would a new one be set up? It says on SSN that the 47 million could rise to 75 million if penalties are added on. There's no way we could pay that.

So am I right in thinking that if we go into administration then administrators move in and try to squeeze as much money out of the club as they can to give to HMRC. But at some point (hopefully) we will come out of administration. After we come out of administration and get back on a good financial footing, will the HMRC be back looking for more money or will they not be able to do that? Basically, does administration wipe out the tax bill once we have gone through the process or will it always be hanging over our head?

I hope that this is the way that Mr Whyte conducted his business.

Borrow £20 Million(Secured); to pay off ‘real football debts’, i.e. outstanding transfer fees and sub contractors.

Go into administration due to the mismanagement of the legal EBT scheme.

Consolidate through administration and after 2/3 years dominate Scottish Football again.

I would rather owe £50-£75 million to HMRC, due to mismanagement, than be a paedophile and a terrorist sympathiser.

We are the people, not paedos.

If the planned Referendum on Independence goes ahead in 2014 and Scotland does indeed become Independent, then would HMRC still operate in Scotland or would a new one be set up? It says on SSN that the 47 million could rise to 75 million if penalties are added on. There's no way we could pay that.

So am I right in thinking that if we go into administration then administrators move in and try to squeeze as much money out of the club as they can to give to HMRC. But at some point (hopefully) we will come out of administration. After we come out of administration and get back on a good financial footing, will the HMRC be back looking for more money or will they not be able to do that? Basically, does administration wipe out the tax bill once we have gone through the process or will it always be hanging over our head?

http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/topic/tax/football-creditor-rule-under-review/500213

As far as I can tell it would mean that HMRC can no longer pursue their case against us.

And banking on Scottish independence is not much of a plan!

As I posted before i'm pretty sure we are not the only club to use EBT's this way and although everyone may be laughing at us now i'm sure there will be chairmen of other clubs in the UK watching this case very carefully as HMRC has to go after every club that did the same and not just us.

You are right, if they fuckd it up as much as we did, they will be shitting themselves. It was legal, but the only thing we fckd was the paperwork.

On the other hand, the dark side have fckd others intentionally.