What's Right, Isn't Always Popular

DarcheVinny

Following the news earlier today that The Rangers Football Club plc has announced that it has filed an intent to appoint administrators, Craig Whyte has been doing his upmost to explain to supporters and everyone else, what this means for Rangers Football Club.

In a statement released earlier today, Craig Whyte looked to reassure supporters that "the Club will continue and can emerge as a stronger and financially fitter organisation that will compete at the levels of competition our fans have come to expect."

Legendary American sports journalist, Howard Casell once said "What's popular, isn't always right. What' right, isn't always popular.

The above is surely what we all want in the long run? We have been sitting with this incredibly restricted financial situation for the past few years, with the best players being sold in order to try and live within our means. Even though we have been winning the league for the past three seasons, failing to reach the group stages of the Champions League, means that we currently make a loss that we cannot afford to lose. You can't keep a business running in this way, no matter who's fault it is, so "an administration process will, regrettably, lead to a cost-cutting programme and the potential loss of jobs across the business".

The loss of jobs and cost-cutting is not a prospect any of us can be happy about, but I am afraid it is looking like it is too late for that. What has to be done, has to be done.

Regarding HMRC, Craig Whyte also made it clear in his own statement on www.rangers.co.uk and RangersTV, that discussions had been going on behind the scenes to attempt to come to a settlement with HMRC and even stated that "If HMRC were to agree, even at this late stage, a manageable agreement with the Club, then a formal insolvency procedure could yet be averted. It goes without saying that would be our preferred outcome."

It seems clear that this threat of administration from the chairman, is one final effort to get HMRC to accept - whatever amount they have been offered - in these behind the scenes discussions. Surely however many millions of pounds is of more use to HMRC in this situation than the prospect of 'bugger all' once the club goes in to administration.

I am not kidding myself here, it is an incredibly difficult piece of news to deal with, as it will be for every Rangers fan today. The vermin will be lapping it up and let them. When we are out of this mess and the stronger financial outfit that Craig Whyte is going to make us, the shoe will most definitely be on the other foot. As more and more millions are written off each season, by their owner. That will come to an end one day, as it did with our previous owner.

It is also vitally important to remember that this is not by any means the worst day in the clubs history. There have been three much more horrific days in the clubs history, I don't need to remind you what happened in the three Ibrox disasters.

David Murray is the man who got us in to this mess and he didn't have the balls, ability, or will to get us out of it again. We all were guilty of lapping it up at the time, millions upon millions spent and incredible names gracing the Ibrox turf.

What's popular, isn't always right.

Saturdays game against Kilmarnock, must be a demonstration to all those looking in, that we will support our club without question. The club can't do it without us, shoulder to shoulder, we must stand. A similar sentiment was stated by Craig Whyte in his statement and on RangersTV; "At this point I would ask all Rangers supporters to continue to show the tremendous support they have shown to the Club, Ally McCoist, his management team and the players".

What is most important is that The People, are fully supportive of the club at this time. Whether you like or trust Craig Whyte, or not, he is the only Ranger who had the balls to step up and try to tackle this mess. That in itself must earn your support right now.

What's right, isn't always popular.

Supporting the club and supporting Craig Whyte are two completely different things. He will be given pelters by a section of the fans on Saturday, another group will heap praise on him, but every single one of them will be supporting the players on the pitch in the hope of them picking up another three points.

Following the news earlier today that The Rangers Football Club plc has announced that it has filed an intent to appoint administrators, Craig Whyte has been doing his upmost to explain to supporters and everyone else, what this means for Rangers Football Club.

In a statement released earlier today, Craig Whyte looked to reassure supporters that "the Club will continue and can emerge as a stronger and financially fitter organisation that will compete at the levels of competition our fans have come to expect."

Legendary American sports journalist, Howard Casell once said "What's popular, isn't always right. What' right, isn't always popular.

The above is surely what we all want in the long run? We have been sitting with this incredibly restricted financial situation for the past few years, with the best players being sold in order to try and live within our means. Even though we have been winning the league for the past three seasons, failing to reach the group stages of the Champions League, means that we currently make a loss that we cannot afford to lose. You can't keep a business running in this way, no matter who's fault it is, so "an administration process will, regrettably, lead to a cost-cutting programme and the potential loss of jobs across the business".

The loss of jobs and cost-cutting is not a prospect any of us can be happy about, but I am afraid it is looking like it is too late for that. What has to be done, has to be done.

Regarding HMRC, Craig Whyte also made it clear in his own statement on www.rangers.co.uk and RangersTV, that discussions had been going on behind the scenes to attempt to come to a settlement with HMRC and even stated that "If HMRC were to agree, even at this late stage, a manageable agreement with the Club, then a formal insolvency procedure could yet be averted. It goes without saying that would be our preferred outcome."

It seems clear that this threat of administration from the chairman, is one final effort to get HMRC to accept - whatever amount they have been offered - in these behind the scenes discussions. Surely however many millions of pounds is of more use to HMRC in this situation than the prospect of 'bugger all' once the club goes in to administration.

I am not kidding myself here, it is an incredibly difficult piece of news to deal with, as it will be for every Rangers fan today. The vermin will be lapping it up and let them. When we are out of this mess and the stronger financial outfit that Craig Whyte is going to make us, the shoe will most definitely be on the other foot. As more and more millions are written off each season, by their owner. That will come to an end one day, as it did with our previous owner.

It is also vitally important to remember that this is not by any means the worst day in the clubs history. There have been three much more horrific days in the clubs history, I don't need to remind you what happened in the three Ibrox disasters.

David Murray is the man who got us in to this mess and he didn't have the balls, ability, or will to get us out of it again. We all were guilty of lapping it up at the time, millions upon millions spent and incredible names gracing the Ibrox turf.

What's popular, isn't always right.

Saturdays game against Kilmarnock, must be a demonstration to all those looking in, that we will support our club without question. The club can't do it without us, shoulder to shoulder, we must stand. A similar sentiment was stated by Craig Whyte in his statement and on RangersTV; "At this point I would ask all Rangers supporters to continue to show the tremendous support they have shown to the Club, Ally McCoist, his management team and the players".

What is most important is that The People, are fully supportive of the club at this time. Whether you like or trust Craig Whyte, or not, he is the only Ranger who had the balls to step up and try to tackle this mess. That in itself must earn your support right now.

What's right, isn't always popular.

great post.thanks.

Supporting the club and supporting Craig Whyte are two completely different things. He will be given pelters by a section of the fans on Saturday, another group will heap praise on him, but every single one of them will be supporting the players on the pitch in the hope of them picking up another three points.

Yeah, Craig Whyte is going to be Greg Wylde for a day

Good post Sir

I've said all along CW has a plan and keeps his cards close to his chest (thank feck).

He may have had to do the difficult things but he has done them for a reason and I do think it is for the best of Rangers.

Give the team and Ally and CW all our support and show the mhedia and the tarriers that we are behind our beloved Rangers 1 and ALL!

WATP!!

Give it a rest casey, we all get it. you don't trust Whyte, fair enough but FFS saturday will be about showing solidarity in this most testing of times, can't we just set aside concerns for one day at least and show all those having a laugh at us right now that WATP and will not be moved.

Supporting the club and supporting Craig Whyte are two completely different things.

I can understand why you say that, but they are still the same thing for me now, as they were when he took control.

If my wiser...much, much older friend caseyjones is proven right in the long run, then so be it. I'll accept that I was wrong. For now though, I am supportive of Craig Whyte, despite his multiple mistakes made in the media in the past nine months.

He is the only bear who has the balls to try and sort this mess out.

Give it a rest casey, we all get it. you don't trust Whyte, fair enough but FFS saturday will be about showing solidarity in this most testing of times, can't we just set aside concerns for one day at least and show all those having a laugh at us right now that WATP and will not be moved.

Another one who worries about his taig pals laughing at him.

There will be bother at Ibrox on Saturday over this, whether you like it or not. The real world is split over this too, and from those that I speak to, there's far more disenchanted with Whyte's actions than this board's membership.

I can understand why you say that, but they are still the same thing for me now, as they were when he took control.

If my wiser...much, much older friend caseyjones is proven right in the long run, then so be it. I'll accept that I was wrong. For now though, I am supportive of Craig Whyte, despite his multiple mistakes made in the media in the past nine months.

He is the only bear who has the balls to try and sort this mess out.

I hope you are proved right and that everything turns out well. I do think 'mistakes' is a bit charitable.

Another one who worries about his taig pals laughing at him.

There will be bother at Ibrox on Saturday over this, whether you like it or not. The real world is split over this too, and from those that I speak to, there's far more disenchanted with Whyte's actions than this board's membership.

Believe it or not but I'm a big boy now sticks and stones don't bother me, and for your information I don't trust Whyte either but I'd be willing to set my preducice's[sp] aside for one day and show everybody that we are right behind the club right now.