Administration thread

debear

To my understanding, HMRC will recieve whatever the 75% of creditors get for their pound.

Yes, but as we only have an obligation to pay our secured creditors under Administration...

It could very well mean the taxman gets nothing if CW writes the debt off as the only secured creditor.

Well.... things are looking a little brighter. If guys like Boss are saying HMRC have lost big time...

The Rangers have to exist. I can stomach the 10 pts since there will be an "*" beside the scum 'title' after this year. (IF they hang on).

WATP. 00000042.gif

I know I'm asking a lot of questions but bear with me please :crabflute:

The Tax case is now completely null and void? After today we won't hear any more about it?

What are the chances of Whyte actually liquidating the club? He hasn't put any of his own money in so far, and I always assumed that was to ensure he wasn't wasting any money incase we went under.

The tax case is still ongoing to determine guilt and an amount, but the general opinion seems to be against us as HMRC could appeal and appeal and appeal for decades to come. We just can't afford that uncertainty, so by going into administration the tax case means much less to us as unsecured credit. So in a way, it is no longer relevant except for demanding HMRC's participation.

As to your second question, I honestly don't know, Whyte is a bit dodgy and it could be either way.

I've been running under the assumption, through this whole saga with HMRC, that we would be surefire losers, that HMRC would have every angle covered to get themselves the best deal they could, then head after the English clubs. I honestly wasn't for a second thinking a guy from Motherwell with a haircut from Grease would outsmart them...

Exactly, although administration is inevitable now, the Edinburgh courts decision has completely turned the tables. C'mon Craig, get the finger out

We're no better off than we were before HMRC filed to appoint there own administrator. The only thing that's changed from yesterday is that we're going into administration quicker than we expected.

It's a godsend they didn't get to appoint their administrator but nothing's changed from yesterday.

The tax case is still ongoing to determine guilt and an amount, but the general opinion seems to be against us as HMRC could appeal and appeal and appeal for decades to come. We just can't afford that uncertainty, so by going into administration the tax case means much less to us as unsecured credit. So in a way, it is no longer relevant except for demanding HMRC's participation.

As to your second question, I honestly don't know, Whyte is a bit dodgy and it could be either way.

I suppose the only thing we can do is be optimistic... :crabflute:

Cheers Clint

I've been running under the assumption, through this whole saga with HMRC, that we would be surefire losers, that HMRC would have every angle covered to get themselves the best deal they could, then head after the English clubs. I honestly wasn't for a second thinking a guy from Motherwell with a haircut from Grease would outsmart them...

HMRC are always pretty confident about their cases, but rarely win them. See: Harry Redknapp.

He hasn't, yet :dry:

If we DO get hit with a big bill (which i dont think will happen) there is no way we will be asked to pay the interest - every case the HMRC has, they end up negotiating and give this up. still would leave us with a large bill, but the 75m and 49m stuff is just preparing us for the worst so we will be ok when it turns out to be 15m or something like that. and it looks to me more likely that CW did this admin move as a pre-emptive move.

end of the day, i'm with all the people on here claiming for unity. Even if you are not a CW fan, think about it - he is holding the cards that our club are playing. We HAVE to support him. we're only hurting ourselves if we dont. my thoughts (hope?) are that he knows exactly what he is doing and will get us through this. to quote from Churchill 'I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else'