Administration thread

debear

What a terrible day. I feel sick and numb.

But we have to accept the mess we are in and pull together as one to get out of it. Come Saturday let's have 50,000 fans cheering on the club we love and show our support to the players and Super Ally. Being a Bluenose is a way of life and that will never leave us fans. Let's show the world why we are the world's most successful football club and why we will always come out on top no matter how tough things get.

Forever and ever, we'll follow the Rangers!

I think Brian Swanson isn't all that clued up on our situation. He said that the administrators are in because Rangers can't afford to pay their bills and they are kind of playing on this. If we are going into administration to deal with the tax problem then I would imagine we are able to operate as normal (ish) until the tax verdict is in?

The year 2011/12 will go down in history as a very very bad year. for Rangers FC. But we must look ahead and prepare for next year now. We will do a deal with HMRC and by the start of next season we will have, to quote CW, "a leaner and stronger club" that will be run more effectively and more efficiently than it has been for a number of years, and a squad of players good enough to win the SPL in 2102/13. I will be happy with that. Not sure who the manager will be though. I suppose that depends on what Ally can do between now and the end of the season.

WATP and No Surrender.

:21:

Lord Sugar @Lord_Sugar Close

Glasgow Rangers in admin. For fans will be a seamless experience. The game will still be on Sat. Creditors screwed but players will be paid

Lord Alan Sugar commenting on our situation, never surprises me the amount of people that are interested in our club.

The only people going somewhere is the glory hunters. The Rangers certainly aren't. Hardcore 50 thousand there on Saturday eh? Back the team, stand, sing. Show why we are the people. Prove your loyalty. At the toughest time in the clubs history, they need us most.

The dream of 4, the memory of 66, the spirit of 72, winning the 54. They'll never take away our team. Rangers is an institution, a cause, a people. We are more than a club.

The big questions is why we are in to now, how can we not afford to operate currently? Where has all the cash gone? If Craig Whyte, as he says, cleared the bank debt to himself or his company, then why did we need a 4 year ticketus loan?

We just sold Jelavic for 5.5 million pounds, surely this money could have helped the club to operate.

I'm sorry and upset to say that Craig Whyte has lied and taken money away from the club, regardless of the tax case, we are in a worse situation than we were under the old board and ever would have been.

BBC news 24 now reporting about the police wanting reassurances that they will be paid :anguish:

Never in my wildest fears did I think it would get to this stage :( Hopefully we can get this mess sorted out asap and be back in the title race next season with most of our players being kept, I might be overly hopeful but here's hoping