Administration thread

debear

yeah i just seen that.

I've also read other article from so called tax experts who claimed that we are likely to win, as HMRC have already lost a couple of EBT cases.

It all depends really if the EBT system we used was lawful, as it seems that perhaps HMRC have a valid claim that our EBT system wasn't 'by the book' therefore illegal and money is owed.

If we do lose, i think that Whyte taking everything as the main creditor, then starting again under a new name and leaving HMRC with a case against a business that doesnt exist could well be the outcome.

what a f'n mess.

supporting the glasgow rangers though is one hell of a rollercoaster, from helicopter sunday, the 1000/1 shot that Scott McDonald would score a last minute freekick, to this. I guess its take the highgs with the lows and hope that we do get up & dust ourselves off from this.

Did he say that, must have missed that bit. Thought he said it makes no difference on who makes the application for administration, but didn't hear him mention about who would become prefered creditor

He did say that, but also admitted that insolvency wasn't his area of expertise. He was a tax expert though and he reckons we're fucked.

Did he say that, must have missed that bit. Thought he said it makes no difference on who makes the application for administration, but didn't hear him mention about who would become prefered creditor

Yeah, you might be right there actually. I was just interpreting "makes no difference" part to mean that it doesn't change creditor status. Surely that would have been something he would have mentioned, it is a massive difference in this case!

Apologies, I thought that Whyte was the preferred creditor no matter what.

Casey I think whyte was not expecting his bluff to be called , ( if indeed that is what has happened) the problem is that , if HMRC become a secured creditor ( lets assume 49mill ) there is no way in the world we can pay which would mean a phoenix company and unless the SPL and SFL agree diffrent we would have to start in division 3 with history deleted ( officially) that is .

I am hoping against hope this is not just Whyte bluffing then being double bluffed and that there is some master plan of some description .

I had to laugh at fans being criticised for standing outside last night; things could get worse. We are going to have to be prepared for the lot. Also, the playing side will get interesting in the next couple of seasons. This is a trying time for Rangers; how we come out of this is anyone's guess.

'at least' isn't a figure, they'd have to come up with a definitive value like £53,500,000

Yeah I'm not saying that. What I am saying is that they already have their figure, hence why they are battling us, and to them it is no less than £49m. The worrying thing is why yesterday did Whyte and similar persons say it could be substantially more than the £49m already reported.

Casey I think whyte was not expecting his bluff to be called , ( if indeed that is what has happened) the problem is that , if HMRC become a secured creditor ( lets assume 49mill ) there is no way in the world we can pay which would mean a phoenix company and unless the SPL and SFL agree diffrent we would have to start in division 3 with history deleted ( officially) that is .

I am hoping against hope this is not just Whyte bluffing then being double bluffed and that there is some master plan of some description .

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

I would have thought that our notice of intent yesterday would have offered protection against another party applying for our administration. Can anyone confirm this?

I think the issue is that HMRC are applying for the court to appoint the administrator(s), not Craig Whyte and Rangers.