Paul Murray consortium takeover?

RANGERST1LLADIE

As it stands Paul Murray was on the board of directors when the EBT's were running. As such he must have known how they were being utilised and whether MIH or Murray was misusing them. If there was absolutely nothing to fear then HMRC wouldn't have brought this case to loght. Therefore that suggests to me the directors knew they were operating on dodgy ground but continued with it hoping no one would ask questions.

Only once the decision has been made public will i comment further on something i can only at this point speculate on.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and that's what really should have happened.

also let's not forget we haven't lost this tax case. whytes taken us into administration through choice not necessity.

It is through necessity - just not because of the big tax case.

But that was not the case at the time surely.

Do you trust someone who sat on that old board doing nothing while watching D. Murray shafting us. ?

I'm not convinced on Whyte but certainly not convinced on someone who was part of the mess on the old board.

you make it sound like they knew it was illegal. it hasn't even been proven it is yet.

what were they to do?

crystal ball?

you make it sound like they knew it was illegal. it hasn't even been proven it is yet.

what were they to do?

crystal ball?

Well lets face it if he sat on the old Board under Dodgy Dave and never noticed what was going on surely that would not stand them in good stead to Takeover Rangers.

whyte has chosen administration. its not been forced on us.

So it's just a coincidence that HMRC were on their way to the court when they found out that Whyte had submitted his intention for administration?

Correct me if i'm wrong but I think we were put into admin by Whyte before HMRC could and appoint their own admins. If we lose the case and owe them 75M or whatever it is, they would have been able to get every penny, by whatever means possible. Now CW has appointed his own admins, he has better control of what happens.

True, but we are not in administration because of the ebt case but because Whyte has been stashing or pocketing the paye tax, to the tune of 9 mil.

This alongside other unexplained cash disappearances, lies, Whytes history and warnings from all and sundry should leave you asking is it good for Rangers that Whyte has more control?

What Gunslinger means is that HMRC wouldn't have went to court at all yesterday if Whyte hadn't filed his intention on Monday. Whyte got the ball rolling and then they made a move to try and do things on their terms.

nor would they have gone to court if he had paid our taxes. like the old board did.

Where has all the money went?

Season ticket money, Ticketus, His personal working capital that was to invest in the club, Jelavic money, money for NI and VAT which was always paid on time?

I am now starting to wonder has everybody been telling the truth?

Edit: Tcketus £24.4, Working Cap: 10m, Jela:£6m, Tax: £9m

Total £49.4m

Where the fuck is it (bearing in mind we already make £35 in other avenues)

True, but we are not in administration because of the ebt case but because Whyte has been stashing or pocketing the paye tax, to the tune of 9 mil.

This alongside other unexplained cash disappearances, lies, Whytes history and warnings from all and sundry should leave you asking is it good for Rangers that Whyte has more control?

(tu)

What Gunslinger means is that HMRC wouldn't have went to court at all yesterday if Whyte hadn't filed his intention on Monday. Whyte got the ball rolling and then they made a move to try and do things on their terms.

HMRC said they were already going to court to issue an administration order, but had to stop and redraw their case as whyte got there first.

We would be in administration regardless of whyte taking us there.

Well lets face it if he sat on the old Board under Dodgy Dave and never noticed what was going on surely that would not stand them in good stead to Takeover Rangers.

who says he didn't notice?

him and Dave king fed darrell king all the information outing what was going on.

for all we know he voted against every one of sdm plans. though I doubt it.

holy fuck. because of a potential tax bill of 75 million.

So paul murray helped preside over our near demise and did zilch.

Whyte comes in and gets all the flak.

Murray comes to the rescue like a knight in shining armour.

All a bit contrived to me.

BUT.....

Sounds like a plan.

So it's just a coincidence that HMRC were on their way to the court when they found out that Whyte had submitted his intention for administration?

HMRC were trying to put us in administration because Whyte chose not to pay any PAYE/VAT for 9 months; that is what has forced administration. What the fuck he did with the money, deducted from players, staff, cleaners etc. remains to be seen I suppose.

This has also probably fucked any chance we had of actually trying to negotiate with HMRC; a new regime that came in with the intention of playing ball fairly and making the best efforts possible to pay off debts created by an old regime may have held some sway with HMRC.

Now we must hope that we can pass a CVA with Whyte and other creditors before the result of the tax case is known, as if we lose would make HMRC our largest creditor and fuck all chance of them agreeing a CVA but if we already have a CVA in place and then lose, I believe they are bound to the terms agreed (not certain on this though!). Then we will see what Whyte's real intentions are...I think a quick sale and pocket some profit will be his aim.

Personally would like to see a consortium; Paul Murray and 3-4 others if that is what he has planned may be the way to go. Maybe they buy 70-80% of the club and the fans get the chance to purchase the remaining. All of which would provide a more diverse and accountable board.

where indeed.

Think back to when the prick took over he spouted about 5 mill a year for players, front loading it and 5 mill working capital and all the rest of his lies and he hasn't been paying staffs tax or paye from day one!!

Think back to when the prick took over he spouted about 5 mill a year for players, front loading it and 5 mill working capital and all the rest of his lies and he hasn't been paying staffs tax or paye from day one!!

£24.4 ticketus deal

£9m TAX

£10m Working Capital

£6m Jelavic

----

£49.4m

----

Where the fuck is it??

This on top of the £35m we already make