Latest on Whyte, so they say.

StudsLonniegan

I have a feeling a 3rd party interested in the club may come forward soon :sherlock:

Hmrc will be easier to deal with if whyte is out the picture.

Surely people now accept he aint doing this for the greater good or taking one for th team as his cheerleaders would have you believe. I just worry what it is he is getting out of this.

I don't see how you can take that from the article posted.

The big thing lately has been him taking 9million of employees tax and keeping it, then supposedly done a runner to Monaco. Now it turns out it was only 4.3million in tax and the rest was a 4.7million tax bill and HMRC were offered the tax owed to them. They wanted the full 9million but we are disputing the tax bill. It also turns out he was in London in a meeting with our Administrators and not in Monaco.

Its actually gave me more confidence in him and made me believe the media even less.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how you can take that from the article posted.

The big thing lately has been him taking 9million of employees tax and keeping it, then supposedly done a runner to Monaco. Now it turns out it was only 4.3million in tax and the rest was a 4.7million tax bill and HMRC were offered the tax owed to them. They wanted the full 9million but we are disputing the tax bill. It also turns out he was in London in a meeting with our Administrators and not in Monaco.

Its actually gave me more confidence in him and made me believe the media even less.

You think I form my opinion from articles in the sun :lol:

You'll realise eventually....I'm through lecturing people like you about this.

He only ripped off 4.7 million....I've heard it all now doh

Hey im not pro white. im just an average guy trying to understand why anyone in their right mind would do this to a club he supports.

Were fickle, and im not excluding myself from that. If (a massive IF), we survive this and prosper, we'll all be singing his praises.

You think I form my opinion from articles in the sun :lol:

You'll realise eventually....I'm through lecturing people like you about this.

He only ripped off 4.7 million....I've heard it all now doh

No, cant you read?

4.7 million was the small tax bill, we are disputing that tho.

4.3 million is what has been talked about all week, thats the tax from employees which he offered to pay on Friday, HMRC rejected because they want the small tax bill paid with it but we obviously didnt do it if we feel they are in the wrong about the tax case.

,they seem to be relentless in their pursuit of us,i just find it hard to believe that they would push any other instution the way they are persuing us......WATP

Could be they have an axe to grind against Whyte himself and that is making things worse for us. This is a guy that's left a trail of devastation behind him in his buisness dealings, the fact the guy has liquidated 25 different companies in the space of 10 years would lead people to believe he must have a lot of enemies, Whyte and Hmrc have no doubt crossed each others path before.

I don't think they will give us an leeway while he is still at the club infact him being here is making things 100 times worse in this situation.

Hey im not pro white. im just an average guy trying to understand why anyone in their right mind would do this to a club he supports.

Were fickle, and im not excluding myself from that. If (a massive IF), we survive this and prosper, we'll all be singing his praises.

Because outside someone who is willing to pay 100million and clear all the debts this is the only option.

I gave my opinion in a big post just a bit up m8.

No agreement reached with creditors.

Whyte liquidates RFC.

Whyte registers RFC 2012 (already done in August apparantley)

RFC 2012 re-apply and gain entry to SPL after vote (just) because the Sky TV deal is dependent on 4 Rangers v Celtic games a season. Whyte therefore has SPL and the other clubs over a barell.

Debt free RFC 2012, with Whyte owning assets is then sold to a consortium of Dave King, Paul Murray and Alistair Johnston for £20 million+ Whytes costs. Dave King was mysteriously removed from the board last week, this leaves him with no connection to anything that has happened this week.

Wavetower/RFC Group will be liquidated owing money to Ticketus and probably several other creditors.

The new board of RFC will settle football debts as a goodwill gesture.

Don`t think you will be to far of the mark or maybe we are both looking for something positive in all this crap. Still wondering what we will be left with when it comes to players

Smell a rat in the Sun report. Whatever VAT arrangement Gers are on (monthly/quarterly), the return for the end of Jan which would include Jela's sale is not due until end of this month, with payment by 11th/12th March.

How could HMRC be chasing us for dosh which isn't even due did up to 3 weeks?

Are there different rules for football?

The revenue will through in all sorts of penalties to force a settlement and they will submit claims to the courts syaing they are owed this and not mention any offers made or what discussions are ongoing.

This is a scare tactic and to try and get the other side into the courts.

We pose the question............£1billion Vodaphone bill HMRC what happened there.....the millions of tax payers who pay too much tax and wait for ever to get settlements.

That is only two examples.

Could be they have an axe to grind against Whyte himself and that is making things worse for us. This is a guy that's left a trail of devastation behind him in his buisness dealings, the fact the guy has liquidated 25 different companies in the space of 10 years would lead people to believe he must have a lot of enemies, Whyte and Hmrc have no doubt crossed each others path before.

I don't think they will give us an leeway while he is still at the club infact him being here is making things 100 times worse in this situation.

Thats the thing which is worrying me.

I think he has the right idea and is doing this to save the club. Im just worried that with him being at the helm if HMRC will be ruthless about it. You have to think they would be professional about it but you never know.

And about the bit in bold, isn't that pretty much the risks in his line of work?

Whyte liquidates RFC.

RFC 2012 re-apply and gain entry to SPL after vote (just) because the Sky TV deal is dependent on 4 Rangers v Celtic games a season. Whyte therefore has SPL and the other clubs over a barell.

Debt free RFC 2012, with Whyte owning assets is then sold to a consortium of Dave King, Paul Murray and Alistair Johnston for £20 million+ Whytes costs. Dave King was mysteriously removed from the board last week, this leaves him with no connection to anything that has happened this week.

Wavetower/RFC Group will be liquidated owing money to Ticketus and probably several other creditors.

:lol: great plan - and if that comes to pass I am going to convert and be your disciple!

Can't remember who asked the question about what Whyte stands to gain? IMO opinion he's probably going to score a couple of million once the dust settles and walk away. Not bad going for up to a year's work. For all that hassle though and havoc caused I think I'd rather he just sleep with Robert Redford a couple of times! :lol:

Thats the thing which is worrying me.

I think he has the right idea and is doing this to save the club. Im just worried that with him being at the helm if HMRC will be ruthless about it. You have to think they would be professional about it but you never know.

And about the bit in bold, isn't that pretty much the risks in his line of work?

Deep down i think hmrc want to take this guy down at any cost, i think its fair to say they have been burnt before with him no doubts about it and that will hurt Rangers when trying to get out of this mess.

As for his buisness dealings i just think that anyone who has liquidated that amount of companies can't be trusted, leaving aside the buisness side of things i don't think taking over buisnesses who are struggling and purposely putting people out of work to make yourself money is morally right and he has shut some buisnesses down for relatively small amounts in the past as well.

Deep down i think hmrc want to take this guy down at any cost, i think its fair to say they have been burnt before with him guy no doubts about it and that will hurt Rangers when trying to get out of this mess.

As for his buisness dealings i just think that anyone who has liquidated that amount of companies can't be trusted, leaving aside the buisness side of things i don't think taking over buisnesses who are struggling and purposely putting people out of work to make yourself money is morally right and he has shut some buisnesses down for relatively small amounts in the past as well.

Sadly, I agree with this post.

Whyte liquidates RFC.

D'art

Could be that as you say pieces and places coming together , my only concern is that if HMRC dont get the deal they want they can start proceedings against the Directors of the club going back 3 years , if this is the case then murray , johnson , King and co were in all in situ of the last three years .

I just hope that a deal is brokered that allows moving forward without all of us waiting on the oh FFS who is next senario as in investigating the directors .

Can't remember who asked the question about what Whyte stands to gain? IMO opinion he's probably going to score a couple of million once the dust settles and walk away. Not bad going for up to a year's work.

If you do some research into this guys history its not hard to see what is coming.

He takes over companies with debts , makes himself the secured creditor, runs up debts that can't be paid then liquidates the company leaving behind a host of angry creditors then moves on to the next victim.

25 times and counting now. :disappointment:

Whyte liquidates RFC.

sounds a out right. but don't forget the money he's stolen from rangers.

and don't forget he will need to weigh in d muir.

what a mess.

D'art

Could be that as you say pieces and places coming together , my only concern is that if HMRC dont get the deal they want they can start proceedings against the Directors of the club going back 3 years , if this is the case then murray , johnson , King and co were in all in situ of the last three years .

I just hope that a deal is brokered that allows moving forward without all of us waiting on the oh FFS who is next senario as in investigating the directors .

against them for what? they paid all tax that was due and didn't steal any cash.

any investigation will start and stop with whyte.

they also all spoke out against this.

mind you if it can be proven d muir hatched this plan he might be worried.

Do you mean the route of losing the whole club. Losing History etc and rising as a new club?

Im confused by all this.

All I see is 140 years of history down the drain etc then there are people saying that its just the company and the history would still be there.

The defence of whyte in here is madness!

Can we not just look at the facts here? 40 million quid has came into the club so were the fuck has it gone? Its ok to admit we misjudged him, he has played a fuckin blinder!

We backed him as yae would but lads please open your eyes before we don't have a club to diuscuss! I was a staunch supporter of his but I got it horribly wrong! Come on tae fuck lads