Latest on Whyte, so they say.

StudsLonniegan

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but. It wont include a form of us being reformed via a phoenix club.

Think it's a stick on we'll lose Murray park though...

I think and hope that we will be out of administration before the european deadline, debt free and if not in new hands then discussions will be well advanced.

Regarding our training complex, I did read somewhere, might have been on the BBC (I know) website that the land cannot be used for housing development. So a developer is out, no other football club could afford it and the only other buyer could be a council or something like that and use it as a leisure centre/complex type, the public sector doesn't have the money.

An idea though, the man whose name it bears, could buy it off the administrators and then gift it to the club post Whyte, might be a small gesture to go to repairing the damage done.

Another thing that doesn't make any sense is why Whyte would make a statement to the punters, he must've known or been advised about the likely reaction.

Bear in mind Teflon Dave always went to ground when times were hard and was never to be heard from.

If Whyte was "stealing" monies and all the other stuff people have been accusing him of, why would he bother going out front and making a statement at all? He could easily just release it on the website.

I'm thinking along the same lines. I've been trying to keep my emotions in check, the way Whyte has been acting does not come across as the way a good conman would act.

Either:

1. He is the most brazen conman in the world's history. (I personally don't believe this)

2. He is a very nieve man and poor communicator. (Certainly don't believe the first part, not so sure about the second)

3. He has the best interests of the club at heart, but for whatever reasons can not reveal all at this stage. (Please God, I hope so!)

I think and hope that we will be out of administration before the european deadline, debt free and if not in new hands then discussions will be well advanced.

Regarding our training complex, I did read somewhere, might have been on the BBC (I know) website that the land cannot be used for housing development. So a developer is out, no other football club could afford it and the only other buyer could be a council or something like that and use it as a leisure centre/complex type, the public sector doesn't have the money.

An idea though, the man whose name it bears, could buy it off the administrators and then gift it to the club post Whyte, might be a small gesture to go to repairing the damage done.

I don't think we'll lose Murray park to a housing developer. But, I do think it will be bought over. The SFA are looking to create a centre of excellence, I think it a stick on to the dismay of many other clubs in the SPL who will look at it as favouritism.

Murray park will end up getting bought over by the SFA.

I don't think we'll lose Murray park to a housing developer. But, I do think it will be bought over. The SFA are looking to create a centre of excellence, I think it a stick on to the dismay of many other clubs in the SPL who will look at it as favouritism.

Murray park will end up getting bought over by the SFA.

Its designated "green belt" as I understand it, so, no chance of development matey.

I do like your thinking re sfa though, that could be a goer, and, how much does that take off the outgoings monthly?

Its designated "green belt" as I understand it, so, no chance of development matey.

I do like your thinking re sfa though, that could be a goer, and, how much does that take off the outgoings monthly?

TBH... Not entirely sure, so not going to start pulling out figures. I dare say though it's all in our accounts.

Werthers!

Watch what you're doing, one too many. You'll end up coming out with phrases like this... "I remember the good old days...." :sherlock:

Plaid slippers on as we speak sir :sherlock:

Actually, now you mention it... I remember the good old days when fans spent more time talking about the team and the game, rather than the owners! everyone is an expert now, I blame that new fangled interweb thing, its putting financial experts, doctors etc out of a job, since, people now self diagnose and are always right :sherlock:

My udnerstanding from the original post was that it had already been done as far back as August last year.

I remember something similar though not when it was mentioned but something in the back of my mind says it's in the takeover thread. Must get a read through it when I get home from work

Yet, if the previous owner/board had paid all there bills on time, he wouldnt have had to

You can try and ignore it as much as you like, but, they didnt :lol:

they wanted Mr Murray to pay it. he agreed a lower price with whyte on the basis he would pay it.

the old board would have paid it if it was due.

Plaid slippers on as we speak sir :sherlock:

Actually, now you mention it... I remember the good old days when fans spent more time talking about the team and the game, rather than the owners! everyone is an expert now, I blame that new fangled interweb thing, its putting financial experts, doctors etc out of a job, since, people now self diagnose and are always right :sherlock:

Oh no, quickly counter the effects with a packet of skittles :lol::sherlock:

when it first opened i remember quotes to be anually 2 million a year to run murray park. would imagine slightly more given its been open 10 years plus.