VB statement re Whyte

StudsLonniegan

VB Statement On Recent EventsWritten by Admin Friday, 17 February 2012 16:25Vanguard Bears would like it to be known that their stance on Rangers has not changed. After our last meeting with Craig Whyte we ended our statement with these words:-

"The Administrators of Vanguard Bears remain supportive of Rangers owner Craig Whyte until unfounded allegations are proven otherwise".

One look at the list of so called "financial experts" the media have called upon this week (Graham Spiers, Paul McBride QC, Charlie Nicholas, Kevin McCarra and Tom Devine to name a few) tells us it would be folly of any Rangers fans to believe everything that is reported in the media.

Yes we have concerns over certain issues but without knowing the facts we believe it prudent to await the findings of the administrators before commenting further.

At this time we urge ALL Rangers supporters and ALL Rangers groups and forums to get behind the team and Ally McCoist on Saturday and indeed at all times to prove just how strong the Rangers family is at this very trying time.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VB Statement On Recent EventsWritten by Admin Friday, 17 February 2012 16:25Vanguard Bears would like it to be known that their stance on Rangers has not changed. After our last meeting with Craig Whyte we ended our statement with these words:-

"The Administrators of Vanguard Bears remain supportive of Rangers owner Craig Whyte until unfounded allegations are proven otherwise".

One look at the list of so called "financial experts" the media have called upon this week (Graham Spiers, Paul McBride QC, Charlie Nicholas, Kevin McCarra and Tom Devine to name a few) tells us it would be folly of any Rangers fans to believe everything that is reported in the media.

Yes we have concerns over certain issues but without knowing the facts we believe it prudent to await the findings of the administrators before commenting further.

At this time we urge ALL Rangers supporters and ALL Rangers groups and forums to get behind the team and Ally McCoist on Saturday and indeed at all times to prove just how strong the Rangers family is at this very trying time.

No offence but that statement...amounts to "We know nothing...follow follow etc....here's hoping people"

This is the problem, too many condem the man before they know the facts and of course the darkside welcome anything that shows anyone in authourity at Rangers to be dodgy.

I personally don't have any loyalty to him but I'll wait for the outcome of his dealings.

All bears should hold fire on Whyte until he's proven to be the charlaton that some would paint him.

No offence but that statement...amounts to "We know nothing...follow follow etc....here's hoping people"

As opposed to, "We know nothing, so lets believe any and all unproven accusations and hang Whyte before he's been tried", I think its a common sense approach.

I was also undecided on Whyte and I'm now against him. He of course has the right to innocent until proven guilty in terms of any criminal charges that may be to follow but as a football fan of our great team you can certainly be against him as an owner on the basis of his contradictory statements which amount to lies & awful business decisions which appear to be self serving (tu)

This is the problem, too many condem the man before they know the facts and of course the darkside welcome anything that shows anyone in authourity at Rangers to be dodgy.

I personally don't have any loyalty to him but I'll wait for the outcome of his dealings.

All bears should hold fire on Whyte until he's proven to be the charlaton that some would paint him.

Surely groups like the above should be pressing for information, or seeking professional advice and guidance? There must be hundreds of Rangers fans with a financial background who should be pressing for information and trying to form an objective opinion on what it is you face?

Surely groups like the above should be pressing for information, or seeking professional advice and guidance? There must be hundreds of Rangers fans with a financial background who should be pressing for information and trying to form an objective opinion on what it is you face?

Good question M8 but maybe Whyte can't or won't say too much while were in admin, all we can do is what VB urge us to do and just get on with supporting the Ally and the team.

The tarriers must be loving us arguing over Whyte

As opposed to, "We know nothing, so lets believe any and all unproven accusations and hang Whyte before he's been tried", I think its a common sense approach.

No.

I surmised what it said.

You seem to have surmised what it didn't say.

I like the VB's but I think it's a weak comment personally...hedging their bets clearly.

If Craig Whyte came to your door and offered to put a new roof on your house but wanted all the money up front would you be reaching for your cheque book?

If Craig Whyte came to your door and offered to put a new roof on your house but wanted all the money up front would you be reaching for your cheque book?

Me, personally, yes. I'm about as trustworthy as he is in that respect.

have they issued a new stance?

Firmly on the fence.

If Whyte's a good guy...they were right.

If Whyte's a bad guy...they were right.

I actually admire the VB's and a lot of what they've done but for a premier Rangers fan group they really should take a stance instead of "follow the team and lets see what happens" rhetoric.

Good question M8 but maybe Whyte can't or won't say too much while were in admin, all we can do is what VB urge us to do and just get on with supporting the Ally and the team.

The tarriers must be loving us arguing over Whyte

You appear to put a lot of stock into what the tarriers think.

Firmly on the fence.

If Whyte's a good guy...they were right.

If Whyte's a bad guy...they were right.

I actually admire the VB's and a lot of what they've done but for a premier Rangers fan group they really should take a stance instead of "follow the team and lets see what happens" rhetoric.

Maybe they care more about the club than point scoring.

1. We are now in Administration. FACT.

2. He failed to pay NI and PAYE contributions to HMRC. FACT.

3. He vehemently denied using the Ticketus money to pay off the Bank when this is exactly what he did. FACT.

4. He shamefully sold our Arsenal shares and paid the money into one of his own accounts. FACT.

How many more facts do you need before you waken up?

I find it unbelievable that so many people are still prepared to defend this man.

paul ?

Maybe they care more about the club than point scoring.

As an informed group of Rangers fans...at the current time I'd expect them to take a stance.

That's all.

Their stance is er we're backing him but maybees he a bad guy so er support the team, as far as I can see.

They've had discussions...sorry for being demanding but I'd like them to take a stance based on that as WE'RE IN ADMIN!!

1. We are now in Administration. FACT.

2. He failed to pay NI and PAYE contributions to HMRC. FACT.

3. He vehemently denied using the Ticketus money to pay off the Bank when this is exactly what he did. FACT.

4. He shamefully sold our Arsenal shares and paid the money into one of his own accounts. FACT.

How many more facts do you need before you waken up?

I find it unbelievable that so many people are still prepared to defend this man.

Rafa?

As an informed group of Rangers fans...at the current time I'd expect them to take a stance.

That's all.

Their stance is er we're backing him but maybees he a bad guy so er support the team, as far as I can see.

They've had discussions...sorry for being demanding but I'd like them to take a stance based on that as WE'RE IN ADMIN!!

They don't know all the facts. Are they just to go on paper speculation? I think they are entitled to await the administrators report.