Charlie Adam is all heart

wee josh

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Common people, nobody respected him when he was here, he owes us little. I remember watching blue heaven when he signed as a pro for us and the boys smile and the pride in his parents faces was lovely to see...u can tell then he clearly did care.

Fast forward a couple of years and he’s been booed, slagged off about his weight and unfortunate looks by his own fans, dropped when actually in a decent run of form, randomly loaned out when to be fair we could have done with him whilst away and finally forced to leave when he didn’t want to go.

A defining moment I remember is when he done wonderfully to win a penalty against the taigs and Barry Ferguson, he’s mate and captain took the ball off him to give to a player who could barely stand on 2 feet at the time...nobody trusted him, nobody respected him, nobody gave him a proper chance

Yours Truly

Charlie Adam’s bum’boy :)

Respect is earned - plenty of Ranger's players get it, some with less natural ability than Adam. The problem was that we could see that he didn't respect us or the club by being clearly unfit. If they take our money, the least we can expect from a player that he keeps himself fit. Blackpool sorted that out and he then reached his potential, which is to not be quite good enough to hold down a place at Liverpool long term.

Thought he was overrated when he was here (next big thing because of a left leg and a couple of good games) and he hasn't done anything in his career since to change my mind.

The bitterness he is displaying now (although it's his right) is exactly the reason why I never rated him. Never willing to work hard enough while he was here because he deserved better by default.

I don't blame Charlie for feeling as he does. He was treated terribly, especially by so-called fans.

By the way, what happened as regards the case against his brother?

He's still in a job at the minute despite there being thousands of other employers who would have punted him for being involved in such allegations.

Never mind, big bro's got his back.

I'd put money on the people in this thread slating Charlie Adam for what he's said are the same ones who sang "there's only one Charlie Adam" during the Liverpool friendly. Such a fickle bunch!

Were people actually singing that ?

THAT is cringe-worthy and pathetic.

And why should he care about us? He owes us nothing. He doesn't even support us. He was treated like shit by many of our fans - then went on to prove them wrong and earned himself a move to one of England's biggest clubs.

Not me, still don't rate him, think he's shit in fact.

He certainly spent enough time talking about our predicament for a man who is "not interested".

I understand why Charlie harbours some bitterness towards Rangers (though it's hardly as if we ruined his career - he has vastly overachieved already) but I can't understand why he is mouthing off to the press. Perhaps the lack of class at Anfield is rubbing off on him.

He certainly spent enough time talking about our predicament for a man who is "not interested".

I understand why Charlie harbours some bitterness towards Rangers (though it's hardly as if we ruined his career - he has vastly overachieved already) but I can't understand why he is mouthing off to the press. Perhaps the lack of class at Anfield is rubbing off on him.

Jesus Christ himself could walk into that place and walk back out a total cunt.