Paul Clark and David Whitehouse

I hope that the news today of them going after Whyte and getting money frozen in the process puts to the bed any conspiracies such as the administrators working for Whyte, which were ridiculous in the first place.

There's certainly an understandable lack of trust when it comes to people running our club these days but we're not dealing with egotistical wanks like Murray or cowboys like Whyte. Duff and Phelps are professionals who do their jobs, and the two men currently running our club are doing everything they can to save it, but sadly they've been given a hell of a job by previous people.

Adminstration is horrible but in many ways it's good to finally have proper people at the helm, and if we come out of this process looking strong then i'll certainly feel very grateful to them.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

people said this about lloyds running us.

indeed lloyds were quite the heroes on here at one time.

kind of scary when you consider how that worked out. but people never learn.

Clark and whitehouse will do the dirty work and then hand us back to whyte to sell at a huge profti. around 2700000000% profit.

not bad

Had a meeting today with a vastly experienced IP that has worked with Whitehouse in a professional capacity. He vouched for him unquestionably - said he will play it straight down the line and that he values his career and reputation too much to be a stooge for anyone. Take what you want from that.

Speaking as a Joe Public man in the street I have to admit this whole business has opened my eyes to what a corrupt, parasitical bunch of cunts we have in this country.

The Gov't should crack down on these vulture capitalist bastards preying on unsuspecting members of the public.

Had a meeting today with a vastly experienced IP that has worked with Whitehouse in a professional capacity. He vouched for him unquestionably - said he will play it straight down the line and that he values his career and reputation too much to be a stooge for anyone. Take what you want from that.

Good to hear, although I'd assume this would have to be the case for him to have the job he has.

Whyte was a random businessman and there was always the chance he was no good, I didn't want to jump on bandwagons against him before evidence really came out but equally I wasn't creating a Craig Whyte fan club either.

Clark and Whitehouse will have their reputation on the line when it comes to saving an institution as big as Rangers, so I seriously doubt there's any conspiracy.

Speaking as a Joe Public man in the street I have to admit this whole business has opened my eyes to what a corrupt, parasitical bunch of cunts we have in this country.

The Gov't should crack down on these vulture capitalist bastards preying on unsuspecting members of the public.

I think the business world is full of shysters ... obviously not everyone is like that but there is a lot of it about.

people said this about lloyds running us.

indeed lloyds were quite the heroes on here at one time.

kind of scary when you consider how that worked out. but people never learn.

Clark and whitehouse will do the dirty work and then hand us back to whyte to sell at a huge profti. around 2700000000% profit.

not bad

Here's a thought for you why did murray not do what whyte has done and make the money? Was it just ego and he couldn't bear to be publicly associated with failure or even (dare I say it) an attack of conscience?

I am going through a similar situation at the moment in trying to keep a couple of places open, I've managed to cut just under a quarter million a month in bad costs out of one business and got the loss per month down to less than 30k but it won't be enough to keep it open. I will probably have to tell 30 guys sorry it's time to close the doors. It's not easy being in the administration business but it happens.

Here's a thought for you why did murray not do what whyte has done and make the money? Was it just ego and he couldn't bear to be publicly associated with failure or even (dare I say it) an attack of conscience?

basically that. Murray was also a lot of things but a thief isn't one of them.

he doesn't have to be a stooge for whyte to give whyte what he wants.

I would question why the players offer to defer wages has been knocked back by the administrator if they aren't working to an agenda.

It seems reasonable to me ... all a deferment does is add to the debt. Moreover, as there isn't a "football first" rule when it comes to creditors north of the border, it's possible, perhaps likely, that come the end of the deferment the outstanding wages couldn't be paid and the players would be shafted. Perhaps they're just being "stand up" guys not wanting to lead players down the garden path.

It seems reasonable to me ... all a deferment does is add to the debt. Moreover, as there isn't a "football first" rule when it comes to creditors north of the border, it's possible, perhaps likely, that come the end of the deferment the outstanding wages couldn't be paid and the players would be shafted. Perhaps they're just being "stand up" guys not wanting to lead players down the garden path.

the players must know the risks.

I would question why the players offer to defer wages has been knocked back by the administrator if they aren't working to an agenda.

An administration process isn't black and white, if anything i'd say the fact that they haven't rushed the redundancy issue shows that they've been doing their best to consider the footballing side of things as well, but it has to happen soon no doubt.

Talk of agendas amongst administrators from a company with a big reputation just doesn't seem rational to me, more that because of Whyte people think everyone has some sort of darker motive.

agenda is probably the wrong word.

plan perhaps.

They have a plan yes, a plan to save Rangers, the job they're getting paid to do, like any administrator tries to do for a company when they're brought in.

The idea of any other plan is one I find bizarre, even in these times of shitebags and corruption that's a situation I find incredibly unlikely. If the administrators are part of some plan to shut us down then there's no point carrying on anyway.

They have a plan yes, a plan to save Rangers, the job they're getting paid to do, like any administrator tries to do for a company when they're brought in.

The idea of any other plan is one I find bizarre, even in these times of shitebags and corruption that's a situation I find incredibly unlikely. If the administrators are part of some plan to shut us down then there's no point carrying on anyway.

its a strange kind of administration so far.

unlike any other clubs I have witnessed.