Every Gers player has to stand up and tell the club to get stuffed

scottjf82

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is making a valid point. We would all play for Rangers for free but a professional football player cannot be expected to take a 50% or 75% cut. It is just not viable or realistic. How much are the admin guys charging? How much is AJ or Bain looking for? How much will Ticketus be looking for?

It is not on. Rangers fans pay out a fortune and expect a large part of their money to go to their players and the stadium upkeep. That's a lot of fans and a lot of bums on seats, where is this money going?

He does have a point with regards to the individual players financial planning. A sudden 75% wage cut would screw up 99.999999% of people's bank accounts.

With that in mind, they have every right to tell the club to get lost. I can't imagine many of these guys doing so though.

Exactly, no one in any industry would take such a massive paycut, and I wouldn't expect them to.

Surely and I mean surely no one agrees with this tossers attitude, their is better ways to say things, try and be a little understanding ya wank, absolute wanker of a man.

i had respect for hartson . i thought he was a decent person ..but after this he,s just shown he was at cetic for the money and if cetic was in this situation he would do a runner come the first sign of trouble . rangers fc are a family we stick together so i give my respect to the players who are willing to give most of there wages to save another persons job . thats the difference between rangers and them .. rant over

i had respect for hartson . i thought he was a decent person ..but after this he,s just shown he was at cetic for the money and if cetic was in this situation he would do a runner come the first sign of trouble . rangers fc are a family we stick together so i give my respect to the players who are willing to give most of there wages to save another persons job . thats the difference between rangers and them .. rant over

Totally true money grabbin twat

What the tube says is illogical. Telling the Club to get stuffed means many/most of them will lose their jobs and get paid 0% rather than 25% or 50%. The Administrator can only spend the money he has. There are no other options for the players - wage cut or get punted.

What the tube says is illogical. Telling the Club to get stuffed means many/most of them will lose their jobs and get paid 0% rather than 25% or 50%. The Administrator can only spend the money he has. There are no other options for the players - wage cut or get punted.

Exactly, I particularly like this bit

I can't stress this enough — it's a shocking thing for the administrators to do. Okay, cash cuts are maybe inevitable but it's up to the powers-at-be to deliver the news, not to leave it for the players to sort out.

I mean, what a shower of bastards eh? Because, rather than give them an option which means they get paid a bit less for a while, they should have just picked some and binned them without the option.

Add to that, isnt volentary redundancy an normal option in these situations?

He does have a point with regards to the individual players financial planning. A sudden 75% wage cut would screw up 99.999999% of people's bank accounts.

With that in mind, they have every right to tell the club to get lost. I can't imagine many of these guys doing so though.

The players are hardly gonnae be skint if they take a pay cut. Whittaker for example has been getting over 20 grand a week since last summer and he's been crap. He'd still be getting a lot of money with a pay cut