aussie fan pledges £1m

spireblue

I don't think he does, he just doesn't want people creaming themselves and fawning over this guy for doing nothing. As others have said, pledging is one thing but if anyone actually believes that all pledges will turn into donations they are deluded, and one of the hardest to hand over would be a cheque for £1m. I thought about what figure I would actually give Rangers if they asked me that day and that's what I pledged but I can be pretty sure there will be loads of folk who didn't think it through properly and have thrown up a figure that they will never give, because they don't have the money, can't afford to lose that amount fo money from their savings, don't actually have a job but still pledged thousands or just didn't consider that their wife will have something to say when she spots a few grand missing from their bank. I'd be surprised if £12m in pledges materialised into even anywhere near half of that. I'm not against this idea at all but i'm not going to take any notice of a running tally of imaginary money and get excited about it.

Do i think some people will give less than they pleged...of course

Do i think this guy will, after going to the extent he has with the photo and statement...... No, i think he will be true to his plege and give over 1m pound.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I know i said on the last page that we need money and not monopoly money but, the guys that run SaveRangers have been in contact with him and looks real enough.

The guy has just sold his business aswell.

:uk:

Dingwallet has been in touch with him? Why am I not surprised?

Dingwallet has been in touch with him? Why am I not surprised?

This.

I can see him the RST buying two seats on Quantas so that he can get over there to get his grubby hands on this guys money.

Here's hoping the lad follows through. All well and good pledging as a nice PR stunt, but nows the time to put up or shut up. Might seem a touch harsh on the guy but if you want to make a big song and dance about pledging the money then you'd hope he'd follow through

• 9 months later...

a shameful bump to ask if Alan MacKenzie is still with us?

£1m Pledge Takes SaveRangers.com Above £12m

SaveRangers.com was delighted to receive a £1m pledge from Alan MacKenzie in Western Australia. Alan, who runs his own manufacturing company Down Under, contacted the site admin with his pledge and the picture below of his grandkids “handing over” their pledge to the campaign from Perth, WA.

Alan stated,

“Why am I doing this? the players and fans don’t deserve to be in this position. I’m doing it for the proud history and the legends no longer with us. For my Dad, my son who is true blue and the kids of today’s supporters. To ensure future generations, like my Grandkids, come to know the history of their family background and why we wear this strip with pride and honour, the blue jersey of Rangers, especially down under or when travelling!”

I don't really understand what 'saverangers.com' is for. If this bonzer bloke has pledged £1 million when is that money going to be invested? Not now I assume. I had a look at the saverangers.com site but the statement on the homepage says "This site will be used to measure the level of financial support fans would be willing to invest in the club should the time arise." If this isn't the time then what are they talking about? another takeover attempt? What other way is there to invest besides the share issue?

Anyway I'm keeping things simple & have paid up for £500 of shares.