goian and boca suspended for utd

gunslinger

After Monday there may be no Papac or Jig to choose from. The consensus seems to be that they will feel the admin axe (which could be a greater problem than losing more "talented" players such as Aluko as they are more adaptable as they can fill in various positions from defence to forward). This would leave the manager with only Perry and Broadfoot with Wallace at LB and a reserve/youth to play at right back.

The only luck we have had recently has been bad luck but this is getting beyond a joke.

What concensus?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What concensus?

Between thoughts on here and reports in media both Papac and Jig are likely candidates (age/contract etc). I know we are guessing but I am only highlighting how light we are in defensive numbers. Whittaker must be due back, minimum 6 weeks was quoted early January.

Between thoughts on here and reports in media both Papac and Jig are likely candidates (age/contract etc). I know we are guessing but I am only highlighting how light we are in defensive numbers. Whittaker must be due back, minimum 6 weeks was quoted early January.

Newspapers and RM is hardly a concensus we can hang our hats on.

I think he's just doing what he's told to do. He just captained the USA team to 1st ever victory over Italy. Klinsmann is demnding USA pass the ball and Boca does it for them. This is his rating from MLS website for the game:

Carlos Bocanegra (8.5) - The captain was in total command, so he deserves a salute. Nearly flawless on the night, Bocanegra even managed to make a couple of big plays when he'd initially been beaten.

What was Edu's rating in that match mate?

so the defence needs to take all the blame for the "teams poor forward line"?

No, it takes the blame for us letting in goals. You can't lose if you keep a clean sheet.

We have the best keeper in the country, a guy with Serie A and international experience, and a guy with EPL and international experience at the back yet can't keep clean sheets against shite teams.

but he does attract attention over here so I'm hoping that the admins respect that and think that he might be worth something commercially in the USA. Long shot but I'd hate to see him go.

I would fucking hate to see him leave.

By far my favourite player and everything a captain should be for our club.

Boca. :disappointment::h34rt:

What was Edu's rating in that match mate?

Maurice Edu (7) - Mo has gotten smoother as a guided missile defensive midfielder almost every time out for months now, both with club and country. His ability to periodically dip into attack is less convincing, though.

American journalists! "guided missile"!!

Newspapers and RM is hardly a concensus we can hang our hats on.

At last, something which you have said in this thread that I would agree with.

Imo every comment you've made about Bocanegra is utter garbage.

Every bit as good as Davie Weir, though you probably think he was useless too.

Believe me. He's one of the worst defensive team members we've had in decades.

He is only interested in getting the ball to fuck out of his patch. If that results in us having to defend corners, free kicks, or throw ins, all given away cheaply, it doesn't matter a fuck to him.

He offers nothing coming out of defence at all, and does no better than a boy would if he was told to get the ball to fuck every time it comes near him.

To hear him getting this "Captain America" shite is embarrassing.

Haven't read the rest of the thread to find out if you're fishing or not so I'll bite..

With all due respect mate that is a load of pish.

Bocanegra was different class at times yesterday. His timing and reading of the game is excellent. He's also very good in the air for his size. At times he likes to play the long ball but he's a CB not Lionel Messi.

It's embarrassing to hear him being called "Captain America" despite the fact he's captain of the USA national squad? Unbelievable doh

Bocanegra is the biggest stickler for "if in doubt get it out" that we've had since Gregor Stevens.

He continually boots or headers balls into the stands that could be played up the park.

He's a big part of the problem that Rangers have , that we can't build from the back because he takes no responsibility whatsoever, for anything other than clearing his lines. He's a nightmare, and so is his pal beside him.

That might just be the worst post I've read on here. You sir are clueless.

OK, time for a bit of home truth.

Goian, who got off to a fine start as the season began has been for some months a liability - slower than a week in the Bar-L and yesterdays' misdemeanour is one of several errors (he's been lucky to get away with a few like it).

Were it not for Boca at his side covering him we'd be in deeper shit (points-wise) than we are.

:disappointment:

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but I think both are available for Utd, but suspended for Celtic.

Remember there's this thing where your suspension is delayed by a week; that's why Edu went over the limit against Killie, but played against Inverness, before having to sit out yesterday.

Because we don't have a game this weekend coming mate it means the week delay passes and any suspensions would be incurred in the United game (tu)

Maurice Edu (7) - Mo has gotten smoother as a guided missile defensive midfielder almost every time out for months now, both with club and country. His ability to periodically dip into attack is less convincing, though.

American journalists! "guided missile"!!

Haha cheers! We missed him yesterday.

Haha cheers! We missed him yesterday.

We did indeed, whilst McCabe looked tidy on the ball, was impressive in that regard, the energy in the middle brought by Edu was sorely missed.

Probably the main reason Black was dictating things as much as he did yesterday.

We did indeed, whilst McCabe looked tidy on the ball, was impressive in that regard, the energy in the middle brought by Edu was sorely missed.

Probably the main reason Black was dictating things as much as he did yesterday.

Yeah exactly. If Black wasn't such a dirty prick and a wanker he'd actually be a decent player.

Boca to blame? Fucking hell, that's the funniest thing I've ever read on this forum. The ball was allowed back out wide and was able to be played to black with all the time in the world to unleash an incredible strike (as much as I hate to say it). Boca is our best defender and if we had to get rid of one of Boca/goian then it would quite easily be Goian for me, even after his impressive start to his career here I think Boca had been more steady and more reliable