Matt McKay interview; a bit more info than usual

Boab

Wants us to finish second? Tool. A ridiculous signing and a complete waste of money. Good luck to him in Korea though.

I assume he thinks there is no hope of finishing first - and I would suspect almost everyone would believe that. Rangers has suffered the loss of points and will be having a demoralizing disposal of players.

Have had the suspicion for a while now, I remember discussing it with Oz, I believe McCoist signed him because he felt Wylde may have left in the summer. McKay was versatile and has played on the left, however, wylde didn't leave and when McCoist got to see McKay play wide left, he wasn't what he had hoped and from what McKay said there, it seems to be the case.

A shame we never got to see him centrally, ally obviously didn't rate him there. He did look quite impressive but I never saw enough to be wholly sure of that.

Good luck to him and i respect that he put his hands up, said it wasn't working and departed without much bitterness.

I think you're pretty close to the money ,McK (tu) The RM interview with GS confirmed my thoughts about this transfer.It basically boiled down to the fact that we were never going to play two ball players in central midfield together,so McKay was always up against it.

I hope he does well in Korea because he is an honest wee footballer who gives his all on a park.I still think it's our loss,but it was good to see he has kept his dignity in all of this.

It's probably best for both parties that he has found another club.

I think you're pretty close to the money ,McK (tu) The RM interview with GS confirmed my thoughts about this transfer.It basically boiled down to the fact that we were never going to play two ball players in central midfield together,so McKay was always up against it.

I hope he does well in Korea because he is an honest wee footballer who gives his all on a park.I still think it's our loss,but it was good to see he has kept his dignity in all of this.

It's probably best for both parties that he has found another club.

And we wonder why we struggle to impose ourselves on games when the whole ethos is to go with one ball playing central midfielder. Surely to christ the whole object in building a team is to kit it out with as many ball playing players as you can.

I keep harking back to Barcelona but surely they must be the role model for all clubs if they want to try and improve the quality of their team. Every single player in that team is comfortable on the ball. Their 2nd touch isn't a tackle. They are all used to playing one system that allows their talents to flourish. Their movement is non stop as is their pressing of the opponents. So reminiscent of the great AC Milan team of the early 90's.

Xavi and Edu or Xavi and Iniesta.....that's basically the mentality with this system.

As for McKay...no point going over old ground now. He is gone and we have to move on.

And we wonder why we struggle to impose ourselves on games when the whole ethos is to go with one ball playing central midfielder. Surely to christ the whole object in building a team is to kit it out with as many ball playing players as you can.

I keep harking back to Barcelona but surely they must be the role model for all clubs if they want to try and improve the quality of their team. Every single player in that team is comfortable on the ball. Their 2nd touch isn't a tackle. They are all used to playing one system that allows their talents to flourish. Their movement is non stop as is their pressing of the opponents. So reminiscent of the great AC Milan team of the early 90's.

Xavi and Edu or Xavi and Iniesta.....that's basically the mentality with this system.

As for McKay...no point going over old ground now. He is gone and we have to move on.

Football for dummies comes to mind......Isolate that player from the ball or stop him from providing the ammunition to the strikers and the game's all but won.....simple doh

As you say...No point going over old ground. :pipe:

Football for dummies comes to mind......Isolate that player from the ball or stop him from providing the ammunition to the strikers and the games all but won.....simple doh

As you say...No point going over old ground. :pipe:

No shock that when Davis doesn't play the team doesn't play.

No shock that when Davis doesn't play the team doesn't play.

No shock whatsoever,Adoniram :pipe:

Sometimes the simple answer is staring you in the face,but you are too close to it to see the sense in it :sherlock:

"I still don't know why I didn't play more. We were fairly strong in the middle of the park and the gaffer saw me more as a wide player."

Could of been worse, could of been one of the many put at right back :lol: All seriousness I thought it was a good interview by Matt. He would of had every right to be bitter about how things wen't but if this is anything to go by the guy's a true professional. Best of luck Matt McKay (tu)

I assume he thinks there is no hope of finishing first - and I would suspect almost everyone would believe that. Rangers has suffered the loss of points and will be having a demoralizing disposal of players.

Only in your wettest of dreams.