A superb interview with Gregg Wylde's Father

Boab

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you both need to actually read it, he did offer to play for free!

Yes, I did, but that could be one of the reasons why the admins accepted his resignation and refuse his offer to play for free. They'd have a person they'd have to let go later down the line.

great lad and no matter what anyone says our results were always better when he played. he had a fantastic record at rangers and for me we were a more balanced team when he played and teams were always on the back foot.

This (tu)

Admire his sentiments and sacrifice, but can't help thinking he rushed into making a silly decision without really thinking it through fully. He should have held on til the wage cut proposal had gone through which would still see him in a job and earning but with the chance to move on if a team did come in for him. Its not as if his wages made a huge dent anyway, think the Admins maybe saw the opportunity to take advantage of a naive young lad on this occasion.

Was never his biggest fan but best of luck to him, hope he finds himself a new club straight away (tu)

Why the fuck would they not want him to play for free??

Because his wage would resume in the summer and they have to create a buisiness that is not loss making in the long term. Playing for free is simply a short term solution.

Admire his sentiments and sacrifice, but can't help thinking he rushed into making a silly decision without really thinking it through fully.

He is a young man and sounds like he is struggling emotionally. Sometimes you're better off just cutting your losses, clearing your mind and starting fresh.

Why did he not offer to play for the rest of the season for nothing?

Why should he? He's got to earn a living - surely what he's done already is a magnificent gesture. Maturity beyond his years - he waived the right to redundancy as well, what more do you want?

Thanks for posting (tu) all the very best to Gregg Wylde for what he's done in order to play his part :praise: I'm sure well see him pretty soon doing well down south :uk: thank you Gregg for all your hard work and efforts :21: