Is this our chance at last.

Apologies first as I know this topic has been discussed on other threads .

Iv been watching all the events unfold with total horror of last few weeks and have looked for all the glimers of hope that are being posted from time to time. However (alas alas alas)Im now beginning to accept that liquidation looks more and more the likley out come.

With this in mind is this now not the time the new owners who ever they may turn out to be should explore every single last possibility about entering the English system at what ever level we could get in.If we are liquidated we are going to have to grovel to the SPL SFA or who ever to get back in and accept all the sanctions they care to put on us. (there will be a few Im in no doubt).Like most people on here I am fearcly prowd of our history and would have perferred to exit administration and remain the exact same club.However if we are going to have to change our name Im 100% certain if I had the choice id perfer to follow our team in England if there was even the slightest possibilty it could happen no matter how far up the lower devisions we would have to start.We may never get this chance again.....!!!

I guess my question is this .... What is the liklyhood we could do this as some people on the radio/forums/newspapers are saying it can not happen, some say it could so I really dont know if its a option but wish somebody who 100% knows the true sitiuation would clarify it once and for all. And saying that I mean a representitive from FIFA or UEFA or English FA .

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies first as I know this topic has been discussed on other threads .

Iv been watching all the events unfold with total horror of last few weeks and have looked for all the glimers of hope that are being posted from time to time. However (alas alas alas)Im now beginning to accept that liquidation looks more and more the likley out come.

With this in mind is this now not the time the new owners who ever they may turn out to be should explore every single last possibility about entering the English system at what ever level we could get in.If we are liquidated we are going to have to grovel to the SPL SFA or who ever to get back in and accept all the sanctions they care to put on us. (there will be a few Im in no doubt).Like most people on here I am fearcly prowd of our history and would have perferred to exit administration and remain the exact same club.However if we are going to have to change our name Im 100% certain if I had the choice id perfer to follow our team in England if there was even the slightest possibilty it could happen no matter how far up the lower devisions we would have to start.We may never get this chance again.....!!!

I guess my question is this .... What is the liklyhood we could do this as some people on the radio/forums/newspapers are saying it can not happen, some say it could so I really dont know if its a option but wish somebody who 100% knows the true sitiuation would clarify it once and for all. And saying that I mean a representitive from FIFA or UEFA or English FA .

I don't know enough about it to say that we couldn't play in England, but one thing is for sure Gretna did before they joined the SFL.

I sincerely hope it can happen, I have had enough of the haters in Scottish Football.

Going to England, even if it meant having to start in the Conference, would be the best thing for the club. Apart from being better financially than the likely options in Scotland, it would be a great adventure.

That said, I don't think it'll be allowed to happen.

Fuck going to England

The best way to ram it up the haters is on the pitch week in week out

Wouldn't it better to see the club prosper whilst Celtic and the rest of the haters were left to wither on the vine in a dying SPL? He who laughs last etc....................

We aren't going to England anytime soon unless the whole English system implodes and a British League starts. :pipe:

Wait until push comes to shove and these SPL chairman get hit with a reality stick that not having Rangers in the SPL will fuck their clubs completely,then see the rats scurry. :mad:

This is what I have been thinking for a very long time now, ever since this started to unfold. Fuck the SPL and all the Rangers bashers out there who think that they can take a free shot at us in our current predicament. Let the Shytey SPL clubs bleed to Death if we were not around. Lets face the fact that Starting over (we all now that we will still have our History and our Titles) but I agree we should exhaust every possible option of getting into the English Leagues. If we are going to be punished and hamstrung by the SPL SFGA then fuk em all and lets go to England. If we are going to suffer pain in the short term by being demoted to a Scottish 3rd division (laughing my bollocks off as they all know there all fucked without us) why don't we utilise this as an exercise to finally get out of the dying scottish game. No money in it, shyte away grounds(including the pedodome), shyte standard of football, shyte coefficient, bureaucrat wankers running the game. I would not consider it an out, but more of an adventure and challenge. Who knows, in 4 years we could be in the EPL and could finally prove to all, our worldwide pulling power and brand. Demographics should not hold us back. The SPL is. Who would accept 4 years of a challenge for potentially the scenario of the worlds best players and shed loads of money at our club in 4 years? The worlds richest would be lining up to buy us if we were in the EPL. Just a thought, probably get slaughtered for it, but ma heed is burstin and im just trying to look for a positive !!

This is what I have been thinking for a very long time now, ever since this started to unfold. Fuck the SPL and all the Rangers bashers out there who think that they can take a free shot at us in our current predicament. Let the Shytey SPL clubs bleed to Death if we were not around. Lets face the fact that Starting over (we all now that we will still have our History and our Titles) but I agree we should exhaust every possible option of getting into the English Leagues. If we are going to be punished and hamstrung by the SPL SFGA then fuk em all and lets go to England. If we are going to suffer pain in the short term by being demoted to a Scottish 3rd division (laughing my bollocks off as they all know there all fucked without us) why don't we utilise this as an exercise to finally get out of the dying scottish game. No money in it, shyte away grounds(including the pedodome), shyte standard of football, shyte coefficient, bureaucrat wankers running the game. I would not consider it an out, but more of an adventure and challenge. Who knows, in 4 years we could be in the EPL and could finally prove to all, our worldwide pulling power and brand. Demographics should not hold us back. The SPL is. Who would accept 4 years of a challenge for potentially the scenario of the worlds best players and shed loads of money at our club in 4 years? The worlds richest would be lining up to buy us if we were in the EPL. Just a thought, probably get slaughtered for it, but ma heed is burstin and im just trying to look for a positive !!

I think 4 years is being optimistic, presumes we get access to the 2nd division and get promoted every year.

Sadly, very sadly, the Rangers at every level is myopic and no longer has grand ambitions we once had as a club. For the vast majority the pinnacle of their support is sticking it to the mhanks as many times as possible in a season.

If we're to start again, let's do it at the bottom of a ladder worth climbing.

We wouldn't get to start in even the conference we would have to do the same as FC United and AFC Wimbledon and start from the very bottom of the league system down south and work our way up.

We wouldnt even be in the Championship in five years let alone the Premiership. That's always assuming we get out of the Championship at all.

Having said that from the Npower League 1 the money available is better than the SPL and us excepted are a better standard than the rest of the teams and I include the filth in that.

If we are still in Scotland in 5-10 years time, it will be the same, if not worse.

That's the whole point. The league is complete and utter dross.

The quality of play and player is generally poor, outside the top two the wages are poor (by modern standards), outside the top flight it is nearly all part time and then combine in the fact we have a top flight where you have the boredom of playing the other teams four times, dire domestic cup competitions that could see you playing a couple of teams five or six times in a season and you're going to be over familiar and bored. Europe isn't even worth discussing as we are routinely humiliated on that playing field.

If we go to Scottish Division 3 then we'll be faced with all the above again (deja vu) and never (and I mean never ever) truly competing at the top level.

With increasing globalisation and non-stop TV access kids growing up now will view us as a sort of Junior team. "Rangers? That's the team my old man used to support" they'll say in a patronising manner before going on to discuss Man Utd, Real Madrid, Bayern munich etc.

FFS, not this again.

Rangers are a SCOTTISH club. Always have been, always will be.

This.

Plus read many forums about the EPL and LaLiga and it's clear that their real financial situation is as perilous. When the bubble pops It won't just pop it will explode

FFS, not this again.

Rangers are a SCOTTISH club. Always have been, always will be.

I had to recheck the first post, as I thought that you were arguing with yourself.

If we want to win domestic trophies then we should stay here. If we want to ever be able to challenge in Europe, then we need a way out. Unless we follow in the footsteps of APOEL, that is.

I had to recheck the first post, as I thought that you were arguing with yourself.

If we want to win domestic trophies then we should stay here. If we want to ever be able to challenge in Europe, then we need a way out. Unless we follow in the footsteps of APOEL, that is.

I can't get my head around bears that will not countenance leaving the Scottish league set up.

What is so wonderful or ambitous about being in the SPL? Literally the pinnacle is beating the mhanks.

If we can't get in the English league set-up for political reasons then fine, but the least we could do is make a serious effort to get there. If we get in, the opportunities are virtually limitless.

I got to speak to a current spl manager yesterday and he has said the spl is about to implode,mainly due to whats happening to us,and he is looking to move down south,and is even talking about taking over a poor league 1 side next season just to get away and start making a name for himself in england