7 Up

supermac

http://www.thescotti...th-bidders.html

SEVEN serious contenders are ready to battle it out for control of Rangers.

SunSport can reveal more than 40 potential bidders have thrown their hat into the ring as stricken Gers slide towards meltdown.

Administrators Duff and Phelps have whittled that list down to seven they believe are genuine and plan to hold crunch talks in the days ahead.

It's understood two of the enquiries are from the USA — as SunSport revealed three weeks ago.

And the administrators are determined to clinch a deal soon and avoid seeing the club tumble into liquidation.

The crisis-hit SPL champs are up for grabs after owner Craig Whyte plunged them into administration almost four weeks ago.

Duff and Phelps have since been swamped with enquiries from all over the world.

Paul Murray and his Blue Knights have been the most high-profile candidates — with Sale Sharks owner Brian Kennedy also understood to be monitoring the situation.

Gers are also believed to be attracting interest from the Far East, as well as Stateside.

The administrators want to speed up the process, insisting the Ibrox club remain on the critical list.

They set a March 16 deadline in an effort to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Takeover talks have been ongoing throughout the administration process and are set to continue with two interested parties today.

Former Ibrox director Murray has already claimed he could help save Gers. But it's understood the administrators are growing tired of the posturing and instead want face-to-face talks.

Interested bidders have until next Friday to submit their offer and show their hand.

However, SunSport understands it could be weeks before any final sale goes through.

Meanwhile, senior administrator Paul Clark has moved to allay Gers fans fears over liquidation.

Director Dave King insisted that scenario was now inevitable as the club battle to stay afloat.

But Clark insists a deal can be struck that will get Gers out of administration before the end of the season.

He said: "I am confident we can gain a company voluntary arrangement and be out of administration before the end of the season."

Haha, well done Sunsport. Out of 40 potential bidders, 2 happened to be from the US, the same continent you mentioned. Great investigative journalism as usual. In all seriousness, I'm glad we're attracting so much interest, odd since we waited so long for the last takeover, but i'm in an optimistic mood again.

Haha, well done Sunsport. Out of 40 potential bidders, 2 happened to be from the US, the same continent you mentioned. Great investigative journalism as usual. In all seriousness, I'm glad we're attracting so much interest, odd since we waited so long for the last takeover, but i'm in an optimistic mood again.

Perhaps they didn't appreciate the severity of the situation or seeing Whyte shaft us has caused major concern.

Perhaps they didn't appreciate the severity of the situation or seeing Whyte shaft us has caused major concern.

I hope so, it sounds like there are real Rangers supporters out there with plans for the club, which is ideal. My only criticism is of the tabloids' coverage, which is too often a "we told you so" attitude instead of a "here are the facts" one.

Was there not some interest from some Russians when Shyte took over?

Pretty sure the very same Russian had something to do with taking over pompey , steer clear please :lol:

Not meaning to be excessively negative and I really hope these stories are true but if there were interested parties wanting the club why didn't they come forward in the years when Murray was trying to sell.

That's it though the only negativity hopefully we can get an owner in who can sort out this mess get rid of Whyte and allow us to prosper as a club (tu)

at last some news that gives us good hope.administaion will hopefully turn out to be a blessing in disguise as it has made the nameRANGERS global news.it shows prospective buyers what a big club we are.and who wouldnt want to own the most successful team in the world.i for one will sleep a little easier tonite.

Keeping my feet on the ground regards any takeover after the last one...

but Rangers prospering with an American owner sounds pretty damn good to me :party:

indeed that would be fantastic news. Ever since we signed Beasley i always felt we could build a good connection with america. We're a patriotic club with a rich history and traditions, playing in blue red and white. We currently have a few internationals in the team including there captain, and our anthem is/was marching through georgia.

After we win the league every season it would be great if we had some sort of agreement with the MLS to go over and played a tournament with perhaps the top 2 MLS teams & maybe another european club, for extra revenue and promotion of the brand in the states.

from a business point of view it makes alot of sense, i read a cracking article last year about the recent takeover of the NY Cosmos, which was completely about the brand rather than the actual team. The new owners promote a NY Cosmos fashion line very heavily with the samba style badge and highered Pele to be the face of the brand.