Spl chairman to meet

Another little nugget of information that has been lost in the blizzard of stories concerning us is the fact that next week ten of the twelve SPL chairman will be meeting to discuss league reconstruction and the current issues surrounding rangers.

Their own agendas will be pushed and they want to change the voting structure of the SPL meaning Rangers and the filth can’t block and motions as they want to scrap the current voting structure. This would allow them to change anything they want as they have long complained about cash distribution within the SPL (for example)

I can only see this happening if we are liquidated as that would mean Celtic (and a now defunct rangers) couldn’t stop it being passed If ever there was a reason for the filths board to want us to survive this it…..can you imagine some of the amateurs who run Scottish football clubs being able to structure our game to their favour…..Jesus…

Another little nugget of information that has been lost in the blizzard of stories concerning us is the fact that next week ten of the twelve SPL chairman will be meeting to discuss league reconstruction and the current issues surrounding rangers.

Their own agendas will be pushed and they want to change the voting structure of the SPL meaning Rangers and the filth can't block and motions as they want to scrap the current voting structure. This would allow them to change anything they want as they have long complained about cash distribution within the SPL (for example)

I can only see this happening if we are liquidated as that would mean Celtic (and a now defunct rangers) couldn't stop it being passed If ever there was a reason for the filths board to want us to survive this it…..can you imagine some of the amateurs who run Scottish football clubs being able to structure our game to their favour…..Jesus…

Already been a thread on this.00000042.gif

I don't see how they can have a meeting and exclude two of the members

It's not an official SPL Clubs meeting.....just the smaller clubs getting together to whine about how unfair life is. They can talk all they want about getting a bigger share, but until the tv companies find an audience for scumdee hibs v St Mirren they'll get no more.

Their own agendas will be pushed and they want to change the voting structure of the SPL meaning Rangers and the filth can't block and motions as they want to scrap the current voting structure. This would allow them to change anything they want as they have long complained about cash distribution within the SPL (for example)

I can only see this happening if we are liquidated as that would mean Celtic (and a now defunct rangers) couldn't stop it being passed If ever there was a reason for the filths board to want us to survive this it…..can you imagine some of the amateurs who run Scottish football clubs being able to structure our game to their favour…..Jesus…

So what's your take on the fact that the filth are not being invited to this meeting, GCL?....and I notice it has been reported that Liewell and company have cancelled their normal weekly press conference all of a sudden.

The minutes arising from this gang of 10 should make interesting reading (If the general public are ever told what happened)

So what's your take on the fact that the filth are not being invited to this meeting, GCL?....and I notice it has been reported that Liewell and company have cancelled their normal weekly press conference all of a sudden.

The minutes arising from this gang of 10 should make interesting reading (If the general public are ever told what happened)

The minutes won't be published

I've tried to get access to SPL minutes this week and drawn a blank

It's not an official SPL Clubs meeting.....just the smaller clubs getting together to whine about how unfair life is. They can talk all they want about getting a bigger share, but until the tv companies find an audience for scumdee hibs v St Mirren they'll get no more.

So any "decisions" they take will be irrelevant?

Personally I think the 11-1 vote structure is a nonsense.

However I do dread to think what the 10 would try and impose on us should that ever change.

I think there should be better distribution of cash for the good of the game as a whole and increasing the general standard of the SPL which in turn is good for a strong Rangers.

However one suggestion would be a return to 50/50 gate splits which is a nonsense and things like this should not be forced on us.

These opportunists want to take this chance not to improve scottish footbal but marginalise us and the filth..sums them up perfectly

So any "decisions" they take will be irrelevant?

Not quite irrelevant, but they can't enforce any changes without either us or septic voting with them. I think the meeting is more about discussing their battle plans than making concrete decisions. It's doubtful if the ten clubs out-with the Old Firm could ever reach a unanimous decision about anything, too many inflated egos in one room, e.g. Thompson, Petrie...

These opportunists want to take this chance not to improve scottish footbal but marginalise us and the filth..sums them up perfectly

I guess it's all a matter of perception on their part,because they obviously think that Scottish football would be better off if Rangers and the filth were brought back to the pack in money terms.

We know the chairmen and clubs who see us and the filth as holding them back,but it will be interesting to see what clubs and chairmen have actually got a grip on reality :pipe: