redblackrangers.com - The Facts

Scooterbear

Hi Guy

Been receiving some texts about negativity on RM regarding the Red and Black scarves so I thought I would register for RM and give you an insight into how this started and what is currently happening.

Lots of people were talking about raising money and how they could help Rangers in our current plight various ideas were being banded about but nobody seemed to be doing anything. I was looking into the idea of copying the Man U Glazer scarf, i know it is copying them but hey we needed an idea and it seemed to me to be something we could adopt. I went on FF and saw that Stu had started a poll to see what people thought. I replied to him and we started discussing the possibility of this taking off, Stu was getting good backing and instead if just talking about it like I had done he actually got off his behind and started the ball rolling. Stu contacted the RST as we realised that we would need some sort of official backing as we new what people would be like if we just started something like this people would think it was some sort of scam, I know I would. Also the RST had the technical knowledge to get this up and running quickly. That's the background and below are some of the facts you want to know.

The scarves are costing £2.15+VAT but we hope to reduce that as we increase our orders

All profits will go to buying tickets, we will take nothing off the £10 other than what paypal charge

Red and Black ? had to be different from Red,White and Blue but with a link to Rangers - SOCKS

Me and Stu are just ordinary supporters trying to help the club we love and are not in this for anything else.

I am going out to watch my son playing football now but Stu is trying to get on and will answer any other question or I will get back to you later

It's All about the Rangers lads.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guy

Been receiving some texts about negativity on RM regarding the Red and Black scarves so I thought I would register for RM and give you an insight into how this started and what is currently happening.

Lots of people were talking about raising money and how they could help Rangers in our current plight various ideas were being banded about but nobody seemed to be doing anything. I was looking into the idea of copying the Man U Glazer scarf, i know it is copying them but hey we needed an idea and it seemed to me to be something we could adopt. I went on FF and saw that Stu had started a poll to see what people thought. I replied to him and we started discussing the possibility of this taking off, Stu was getting good backing and instead if just talking about it like I had done he actually got off his behind and started the ball rolling. Stu contacted the RST as we realised that we would need some sort of official backing as we new what people would be like if we just started something like this people would think it was some sort of scam, I know I would. Also the RST had the technical knowledge to get this up and running quickly. That's the background and below are some of the facts you want to know.

The scarves are costing £2.15+VAT but we hope to reduce that as we increase our orders

All profits will go to buying tickets, we will take nothing off the £10 other than what paypal charge

Red and Black ? had to be different from Red,White and Blue but with a link to Rangers - SOCKS

Me and Stu are just ordinary supporters trying to help the club we love and are not in this for anything else.

I am going out to watch my son playing football now but Stu is trying to get on and will answer any other question or I will get back to you later

I don't doubt your personal sincerity but while the RST has anything to do with this, I will not be involved or contribute in any way.

People would have been less likely to suspect some kind of scam if you had done it yourself.

I really wish you'd went elsewhere for assistance, you would not have had much if any negativity if you had.

Hi Guy

well done mate forget the total zoomers on this board.

I don't doubt your personal sincerity but while the RST has anything to do with this, I will not be involved or contribute in any way.

People would have been less likely to suspect some kind of scam if you had done it yourself.

I really wish you'd went elsewhere for assistance, you would not have had much if any negativity if you had.

I asked for help from the assembly, SaveRangers.com but no response was received.

If we went it alone alot of people would not have beleived it was legitimate. Just a sign of times I guess.

Hi Guy

Well done. Don't worry about the usual doubters who do nothing.

The RST are a trust and regulated via the sfa, plus they are not for profit,

I dont see how they could go to anyone else really, if they went to an independent organization ie an LTD they i would be much more worried

i really think fans need to get together and forget all about your personal views, and support the cause,

why not spend your time checking up on the RST and making sure there doing it right, rather than just offering an unbalanced opinion

Dont get me wrong, i respect that you actually got off your arse and did something, perhaps even gambled your own money on the first order, and for that you deserve of credit.

that been said i still think going with red and black is a stupid idea, because of our socks, makes. no sense to me. id be all for it if it was a scarf or another product that actually reflected our history. but waving a red and black scarf at ibrox im completely against and rather donate money directly to RFFF.

I asked for help from the assembly, SaveRangers.com but no response was received.

If we went it alone alot of people would not have beleived it was legitimate. Just a sign of times I guess.

When you lie down with dogs you get fleas.

I wish you luck but I cannot back you. If I've got one piece of advice it's given the other parties involved that you be very vigilant with the financial aspects of your initiative. Do not take anyones word for anything. Seek documentary evidence for everything.

The RST are a trust and regulated via the sfa, plus they are not for profit,

I dont see how they could go to anyone else really, if they went to an independent organization ie an LTD they i would be much more worried

i really think fans need to get together and forget all about your personal views, and support the cause,

why not spend your time checking up on the RST and making sure there doing it right, rather than just offering an unbalanced opinion

Can you tell me which type of account they are holding the £92k of "client money" in and what permissions they have to hold on to it and not release it for the stated purpose ?

well done mate forget the total zoomers on this board.

Listen here. No one is against it tbh. It's who's running it that's a concern but I still bought one. It's people's opinions on the board and if you don't like it well......

Anyway what if the games are sold out till the end of the season? They are talking about buying kids tickets, but that's going to do an adult who pays more out a ticket. I think this has been scrambled together too quick without too much thought

Can you tell me which type of account they are holding the £92k of "client money" in and what permissions they have to hold on to it and not release it for the stated purpose ?

And how much interest has been accrued and has that interest been accounted for ?

excellent stuff and another bit of shameful collateral in the rm v ff war.

good luck guys.

I don't give a flying fuck about FF (see what I did there?).

They are just another shit website, there are lots out there.

It's the RST and specific individuals involved about whom there are lots of unanswered questions about their financial integrity that I'm concerned about.

Dont get me wrong, i respect that you actually got off your arse and did something, perhaps even gambled your own money on the first order, and for that you deserve of credit.

that been said i still think going with red and black is a stupid idea, because of our socks, makes. no sense to me. id be all for it if it was a scarf or another product that actually reflected our history. but waving a red and black scarf at ibrox im completely against and rather donate money directly to RFFF.

The red and black very much represents our history.

Irrelevant of whether the blue star would have been better (I would have preferred it!), it's good to see that your are doing it, rather than just sitting on your arse moaning about how shit things are. Good for you and good luck. WATP.

Irrelevant of whether the blue star would have been better (I would have preferred it!), it's good to see that your are doing it, rather than just sitting on your arse moaning about how shit things are. Good for you and good luck. WATP.

A plain red and black scarf would be a lot cheaper and easier to manufacture as well i'd imagine. Just saying :pipe: