What did Walter mean?

Ferguson_6

He might have got a standing ovation but he was on his own; and he knew it. Looking back I feel a bit bad that I was okay with all that because I thought better was on the way. I loved Walter then, and now; but somehow I thought we were to do much better.

I kinda feel the same way :(.

I remember Amoruso saying after the season was over, and we didn't get 10IAR, that news shouldn't have been leaked of Walter's departure because it took the edge off the players game. Suppose it's just something else to blame murray for :anguish:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so; our refs don't protect the ball players enough in this league, and the Ross Tokelys and Gary Kenneths etc are allowed to call themselves footballers. So, it is a wider problem than merely leaving it to us; there are people in Scottish football making a living out of being hatchet men, and it will take more than Rangers to end that. There is not will for football to change in Scotland.

Funny that because players like McGeady, Maloney and Nakamura got loads of protection, more than everyone else in fact.

We are not here to rid Scottish football of hammer throwers, we are here to be Rangers and be the best we can be for ourselves, no one else. We can change it to help ourselves, we dont need anyone else playing ball so to speak.

There should be a will at Rangers to change, sadly there is not. Its all about winning the mediocre SPL and getting one up our nearest rival. Thats the limit of some fans ambitions.

I kinda feel the same way :(.

I remember Amoruso saying after the season was over, and we didn't get 10IAR, that news shouldn't have been leaked of Walter's departure because it took the edge off the players game. Suppose it's just something else to blame murray for :rolleyes:

I deeply regret that I didn't fully realise how good those days actually were. I'm not going to blame Sir David Murray for my loss of sense; but I hope it makes me a lot more considerate in the future.

glad I did .. you could atleat have the decency to give me a rep ...

however , I think you missed the point ..

I cant if i dont agree with it. I dont think i did. You were making excuses for the gaffer like i said people have been doing all season.

Funny that because players like McGeady, Maloney and Nakamura got loads of protection, more than everyone else in fact.

We are not here to rid Scottish football of hammer throwers, we are here to be Rangers and be the best we can be for ourselves, no one else. We can change it to help ourselves, we dont need anyone else playing ball so to speak.

There should be a will at Rangers to change, sadly there is not. Its all about winning the mediocre SPL and getting one up our nearest rival. Thats the limit of some fans ambitions.

I'm sorry, I will just sound even more idiotic than I already do if I chat about this in a forum: I have thoughts about this that mean a lot to me, because I think Scottish football has gone wrong since the SPL/ 10 team league came into formation, and I would end up with a Jelavic thread trying to explain it.

I'm sorry, I will just sound even more idiotic than I already do if I chat about this in a forum: I have thoughts about this that mean a lot to me, because I think Scottish football has gone wrong since the SPL/ 10 team league came into formation, and I would end up with a Jelavic thread trying to explain it.

I couldnt care less about Scottish football mate. I care only for Rangers.

I cant if i dont agree with it. I dont think i did. You were making excuses for the gaffer like i said people have been doing all season.

how do you actually come to the conclussion of excuses for the gaffer?? Facts are not excuses!! You can't stick a jockey on a donkey and expect him to win the Grand National ... the early season performances and results showed what could be achieved but when the squad required freshness or cover for injuries we had none. At the same time players performed to levels far lelow what was expected ... I am more than willing to understand and accept your points but have the decency to atleast consider others points rather than merley sticking to your own narrow mindend thoughts ,..

how do you actually come to the conclussion of excuses for the gaffer?? Facts are not excuses!! You can't stick a jockey on a donkey and expect him to win the Grand National ... the early season performances and results showed what could be achieved but when the squad required freshness or cover for injuries we had none. At the same time players performed to levels far lelow what was expected ... I am more than willing to understand and accept your points but have the decency to atleast consider others points rather than merley sticking to your own narrow mindend thoughts ,..

From reading your post. Our early season form seen us knocked out of 3 competitions before September was out. A squad of 35 players had no freshness or cover? Who built that squad? I do agree players performed lower than expected but i have my own thoughts as to why. This is going off topic and will most likely ruin the thread should we continue this particular debate.

Klos refused to play reserve games, did he not? Pretty unprofessional behaviour, regardless of his stature and popularity.

I am sure i read similar at the time. It is, neither he nor his manager came out smelling of roses.

Klos refused to play reserve games, did he not? Pretty unprofessional behaviour, regardless of his stature and popularity.

not 100% sure but I think it was actually something along the lines of Klos saying he kept himself in shape and ready. The reserve games should be used to give the younger goalies a chance and that is why he prefered not to play in reserve matches. Maybe someone can confirm the datelines but that would have been the time that Greegs was coming through ..

Klos was amazing and Mcleish fucked him over in a manner that I personally found disgusting .... total lack of respect towards the player and imo was something which was visible in the manner in which Mcleish treated the majority of players he didnt sign .... Amo willing to play for 10k but punted so he could bring in fanfan for 30k , rodriguez for 25k , shota not given a new contract , rickson stripped of captaincy after having his best season for the club ....

not 100% sure but I think it was actually something along the lines of Klos saying he kept himself in shape and ready. The reserve games should be used to give the younger goalies a chance and that is why he prefered not to play in reserve matches. Maybe someone can confirm the datelines but that would have been the time that Greegs was coming through ..

Klos was amazing and Mcleish fucked him over in a manner that I personally found disgusting .... total lack of respect towards the player and imo was something which was visible in the manner in which Mcleish treated the majority of players he didnt sign .... Amo willing to play for 10k but punted so he could bring in fanfan for 30k , rodriguez for 25k , shota not given a new contract , rickson stripped of captaincy after having his best season for the club ....

Thats a good post. I forgot about Arveladze, my favourite player at that time too. I was so sad to see him go. What a player.

Thats a good post. I forgot about Arveladze, my favourite player at that time too. I was so sad to see him go. What a player.

the most sickening thing about it is the number of goals he went on to score after leaving us in the Dutch league ... People go on about this that and the next thing but when you look back at the players the managers just let go , that is when you realise what might have been. Real quality was thrown away and replaced with p*sh at more expense ..

Walter spent almost £40m in the last 4 years, hardly "struggled to afford to look forward". We are only living in the here and now because that is the type of signings the club have made, Ehiogu, Webster, Mendes, G Smith, Darcheville, Carroll, Cousin, Faye, Beattie, Foster, Dailly, Diouf, Weiss, Velicka, Mendes, even this year, guys like Goian, Bocanegra, McKay, Ortiz, these guys are not long term planning, they are for the here and now as you say. What do we do, 6 months after they sign in the case of Ortiz and Mckay when their time is up? Nothing because we cant afford to replace them. They may not have played much but its their place in the squad, a hole that needs filled. Jelavic, how do we fix that void? We cant because we cant afford it, all our funds were spent on short term fixes in recent years. By the same token credit must be given to the likes of Naismith and Whittaker who have given us tremendous service and may well give us more but those signings are not numerically enough. We need to sign more players well before they are around the 30 mark.

Contrast our short term fixes to what is happening elsewhere and it does paint a good picture. Our rival has bought younger and cheaper.

Davis was at the club previously, he played 26 games in the run in and on the way to Manchester. Thats what i meant. Walter thought Mendes was a creative attacking midfielder when in fact he was anything but.

Who are you to tell me i support the wrong club ffs?

Im not going into this too much mate, imo your view towards my club is honkin, so much so id actually question who you support, if i didnt think id end up in bother over it.

We still went out and bought davis AFTER kaunas, so you were wrong,

Its just my opinion, yuove even given to ginger bigot across the city because he signed some younge players. Go and watch them then, truth be told, if it wasnt for the financial mess we find ourselves in, we'd more than likley be above they cunts yet again. But aye, good on them building for the future. :wanker:

Im not going into this too much mate, imo your view towards my club is honkin, so much so id actually question who you support, if i didnt think id end up in bother over it.

We still went out and bought davis AFTER kaunas, so you were wrong,

Its just my opinion, yuove even given to ginger bigot across the city because he signed some younge players. Go and watch them then, truth be told, if it wasnt for the financial mess we find ourselves in, we'd more than likley be above they cunts yet again. But aye, good on them building for the future. :wanker:

Imo you are paranoid and fail to understand the bigger picture.

He was at the club the season previous, i was right.

How you can come to that conclusion given how our season was panning out before we went into administration is beyond me.

Building for the future is the most cost effective strategy for our club to progress.

Imo you are paranoid and fail to understand the bigger picture.

He was at the club the season previous, i was right.

How you can come to that conclusion given how our season was panning out before we went into administration is beyond me.

Building for the future is the most cost effective strategy for our club to progress.

Im not gonna waste any more time arguing with you, you know what i think about your attitude towards my club, all i'll say is:

You said we didnt need investment in the playing squad before kaunas. I said we did, and pointed out we signed davis after kaunas. You said davis was already there. He wasnt, we signed him after kaunas, he may have been there the season before, but he wasnt in the squad v kaunas, because he wasnt our player, we went out and bought him. Your wrong. Your right to say he was with us the previous season, but that wasnt the point and your fully aware of that. You. Were. Wrong.

Im not gonna waste any more time arguing with you, you know what i think about your attitude towards my club, all i'll say is:

You said we didnt need investment in the playing squad before kaunas. I said we did, and pointed out we signed davis after kaunas. You said davis was already there. He wasnt, we signed him after kaunas, he may have been there the season before, but he wasnt in the squad v kaunas, because he wasnt our player, we went out and bought him. Your wrong. Your right to say he was with us the previous season, but that wasnt the point and your fully aware of that. You. Were. Wrong.

Yes that was exactly the point, maybe brush up on your reading skills and i will brush up on my posting skills maybe throw in some pictures next time to help out.

Then the youth academies of Ajax, Barcelona, Porto and Man Utd are redundant?

Pish, Bougherra was needed only because the King walked out after the European humiliation, Davis was already a the club, we only made the deal permanent, Edu at that time was not needed and Mendes? We couldnt even use him properly. A pointless £3m when we already had so many midfielders. Look at the price we are paying now for that wee spree!

They are, yes.

So we needee him after kaunas, didnt we. So we signed him after kaunas, didnt we.

So we needee him after kaunas, didnt we. So we signed him after kaunas, didnt we.

No we didnt need him, yes he was already at the club. He played all the way from January until May the season previous. That is correct. I didnt mention whether he was in the team or not against Kaunas. The deal made permanent after Kaunas, yes, although i have no idea what relevance that has to this.

No we didnt need him, yes he was already at the club. He played all the way from January until May the season previous. That is correct. I didnt mention whether he was in the team or not against Kaunas. The deal made permanent after Kaunas, yes, although i have no idea what relevance that has to this.

He was there on loan the previous season then we bought him after Kaunus which is what the guy said. I think it's you who needs to brush up on reading skills.

Your unbelievable. I said the team needed investment pre kaunas and you said it didnt. I said we signed davis after kaunas and you said he was already here! You have no idea why the deal being made permanent after kaunas has any relevance? Because we needed him! your oot yer tits on something mate, it must be bangin.

He was there on loan the previous season then we bought him after Kaunus which is what the guy said. I think it's you who needs to brush up on reading skills.

Trust me mate, your wasting your time, its sheer frustration thats keepin me going. Im not even going to bother anymire, the evidence is there for all to see. All except jig ofcourse.